<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming Beat Kobe as Top Votegetter in 2006 NBA All Stars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
[size=109]

Yao Ming for the second successive year became the top votegetters in NBA All Stars balloting !!! :P :P :P

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11151942/

The starting line up is:

EAST

[b][color=darkred]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Early NBA official photos of the 2006 All Stars starters !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:12 pm
Wonder how Shaquille O'Neal will look like with 13 All Stars logos on both side of his jacket ??? :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
[quote="pryuen"][size=109]

Yao Ming for the second successive year became the top votegetters in NBA All Stars balloting !!! :P :P :P

The starting line up is:

EAST

[b][color=darkred]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:01 pm
Posts: 229Location: HoustonJoined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:17 pm
[quote="Yao2008"][quote="pryuen"][size=109]

The starting line up is:

EAST

[b][color=darkred]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:17 pm
Yao2008 wrote:
In a way, I am happy that Yao has the most votes. However, this will give the haters more ammunition to bash Yao. My favorite player is Yao, but I have to be somewhat objective. The voting system is flaw. Why should Yao, who had been injured for about half of the games played thus far, beat Kobe in voting, who is averaging 35.6 points per game, scored an incredible 81 points in one game, and whose team is within range to make the playoffs? I just hate it when people or so called experts or commentaries talk about how the "Chinese fans" screw up the votes. This will make some people hate Yao even more. I would rather Yao become the starter for the All Star game without being the top vote getter. And I wished that the NBA did not allow people outside the U.S. to vote through the internet, so all these haters would stfu. Because I think Yao would still be an All-Star regardless.

So you REALLY thought Yao Ming got most of his votes from China to beat Kobe and the others?? :shock:

Let me tell you one thing I experienced here in China. I had spent 10 days of my Christmas vacation and the last 10 days of Chinese New Year here in China. I had had difficulties doing Google search, accessing NBA.com and other US or outside websites while I surfed the Internet. Very often, it was either due to connectivity, or due to some Chinese censorship.

So I strongly believed that Yao Ming did not get most of his votes thru Internet but in domestic USA/Canada. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 2347Location: HKJoined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:48 pm
But China isnt the only place where chinese live. Chinese are basicly all around the world. And hardcore fans are willing to vote for him on internet and clean the cookies, vote again for all day. (i belive some of kobe's votes comes like that too)
I am still glad that Yao is still the top vote getter this year, but compair to last year (2,558,278:2,342,738), will he still lead the vote again next year?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:25 am
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
pryuen wrote:
Yao2008 wrote:
In a way, I am happy that Yao has the most votes. However, this will give the haters more ammunition to bash Yao. My favorite player is Yao, but I have to be somewhat objective. The voting system is flaw. Why should Yao, who had been injured for about half of the games played thus far, beat Kobe in voting, who is averaging 35.6 points per game, scored an incredible 81 points in one game, and whose team is within range to make the playoffs? I just hate it when people or so called experts or commentaries talk about how the "Chinese fans" screw up the votes. This will make some people hate Yao even more. I would rather Yao become the starter for the All Star game without being the top vote getter. And I wished that the NBA did not allow people outside the U.S. to vote through the internet, so all these haters would stfu. Because I think Yao would still be an All-Star regardless.

So you REALLY thought Yao Ming got most of his votes from China to beat Kobe and the others?? :shock:

Let me tell you one thing I experienced here in China. I had spent 10 days of my Christmas vacation and the last 10 days of Chinese New Year here in China. I had had difficulties doing Google search, accessing NBA.com and other US or outside websites while I surfed the Internet. Very often, it was either due to connectivity, or due to some Chinese censorship.

So I strongly believed that Yao Ming did not get most of his votes thru Internet but in domestic USA/Canada. :roll:

I am not saying that Yao got most of his votes from China to beat Kobe. But don't you think that it helped in some degrees? I mean Yao edged Kobe by only 71,107 votes. Don't you think that, from China, the votes for Yao minus the votes for Kobe > 71,107 votes.

I have always respected your knowledge and opinion, so I do not doubt what you said about the difficulties in accessing NBA.com. But often truth and perception are very different. In many Yao haters' minds, they have the perception that Chinese votes screw up the voting. The point I am trying to make is that by not allowing people outside of the U.S. to vote through the internet, the haters would not have an excuse to bash yao.

In addition, I hope they are not using Yao just to break into the Chinese market. It seems to me that people in the U.S. are not ready or do not want a Chinese player to be the best player in the NBA. For example, why is it that refs still do not give respect to Yao, a leading vote getter for the all star game two years in a row? Why are there so many announcers and writers trying to bash Yao every chance they have? Why do those ESPN A-holes get so excited and happy whenever another player dunks on Yao?

Another reason why I hope they are not using Yao is look at whose jersey they are selling the most in China: T Mac, who happens to be yao's teammate, and who happened to travel to China with Yao. I believe that all this would not be possible for T Mac without Yao. I heard that Iverson's jersey was the number one in sales in China a few years back. It is due to the fact that Chinese fans identify with Iverson's style of play. But now T Mac has something that Iverson does not have, a teammate name Yao.

Actually, this is quite common outside of basketball. Some of my engineering friends told me about the glass ceiling. They told me how most of the managers are white. The Asian engineers are thought of only as hard working model employees without a chance to advance to management.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:46 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
Yao2008 wrote:

The point I am trying to make is that by not allowing people outside of the U.S. to vote through the internet, the haters would not have an excuse to bash yao.

this also crossed my mind. but haters will always find new ways to bash yao.

d.stern doesn't care sh*t about refs, writers and experts etc. as long as nba doubles its sales every year in china since yao joined the league.

on the other hand, it's understandable why yao's got so many critics. rockets haven't had great success and yao hasn't showed great dominance as anticipated. yet he's the most popular player in the league. if ur nation has the world best sports league, but the league's most popular player is a foreigner who's not among the very bests, u can surely expect a lot of ppl d@ss him.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:29 am
U guys are worrying 2 much!!! I dont give a damn what those commentors or media said. As a chinese fan, I never vote for Yao either through internet or by paper ballot. I am a lazy fan. :oops: I love to watch games but I only care very little about all star game.

Last year, when Yao was questioned by the US media about the vote from China, that's Yao's answer "I dont understand, Is votes from China should worth less than votes in US?". Good answer Yao. So, what's your worries guys?

for yao haters, they will always find something to hate about if not the all-star vote, then it will something else. so why dont u just be cool and enjoy Yao's game.

Yao2008,As for the glass ceiling, let me tell u a true story: my friend was so frustrated that his company putting all sort of crap, unqualify, new hire ahead of him, he went to the management, threatened to file a discrimination lawsuit and he got promoted. I dont mean it always worked, but just want u to know how bad it is.

Offline Profile