<  Yao's teammates and coaches  ~  Yao Ming & Co. Farewell To Jonas Kazlauskas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
The Chinese Basketball Association held a celebration dinner/party last evening (8/25) to thank and farewell the head coaches of the men (Jonas Kazlauskas) and the women (Tom Maher) national team.

Yao Ming represented the men basketball team to speak on the occasion, and presented Jonas Kazlauskas a farewell present.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Big Yao looked somewhat sad and not happy in the departure of Jonas Kazlauskas.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:21 pm

The players from the men and women national team......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
HAHHAHA Wang Shipeng is sooooo g@y with his multi-colored shirt and tight jeans hahahahhaa lmggagaaoo/.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
Is Jonas not being rehired?

I hope they get JVG instead! Someone should tell the CNT to hire Van Gundy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
They need to hire some foreign coaches at the CBA level. Does anyone know if any club has tried this? I think any coach would dominate the league if they new anything about coaching and were given rope.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:52 am
Posts: 15Location: Indianapolis, INJoined: Sat May 05, 2007 9:30 pm
FFz wrote:
They need to hire some foreign coaches at the CBA level. Does anyone know if any club has tried this? I think any coach would dominate the league if they new anything about coaching and were given rope.

There has been and still are foreign coaches in the CBA. While I'm sure they are making impact, but it is difficult for them to adapt to the management system over there.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 pm
FFz wrote:

There's a couple of foreign coaches, but the only one successful is the Dong guang coach and he only took his team to the first round and thats it. The most successful coaches in China are the Chinese coaches.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:05 pm
FFz wrote:

Quite a few CBA team had hired foreign coaches in the past.

The latest one being the Jiangsu Nangang Dragons.

Disappointed for the past few seasons under Hu Weidong, the management of Jiangsu Nangang Dragons had hired ex head coach of NCAA University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), Jason Rabedeaux, as co-head coach together with Gong Luming, the ex head coach of China national women national team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:11 am
User avatarPosts: 2681Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
why is Yao dressing sloppy? Dude didn't even iron his shirt!! :twisted: :twisted: I thought he learned a thing or two about how to dress proper in Houston

Offline Profile