Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Yi Jianlian and His New Car

pryuen
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Yi Jianlian in his business suit, drove his new car, a range rover, and joined the preview luncheon, a party thrown for him and his team mates at Bradley Centre, prior to departing for Orlando for his debut game.

Genie
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
pryuen wrote:

Yi Jianlian in his business suit, drove his new car, a range rover, and joined the preview luncheon, a party thrown for him and his team mates at Bradley Centre, prior to departing for Orlando for his debut game.

Wow! Nice car. Nicer still is the cheer leader on the left. Thanks for the pics, Pry.
Malorkayel
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Nice suit, sweet car. The cheerleaders...... oh, did I mention the awesome car?
ArcticMonkey2
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:59 am Reply with quote
His face looks real emaciated. Maybe thats why everyone's been saying how skinny he is. Not from the look of his body but his face.
yoda9999
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:04 am Reply with quote
Golly the Bucks have some of the homliest cheerleaders. I feel sorry for Yi to be stuck in that cow town. Sad
battousai
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote
man, I thought the countryside got at least some nice sweet looking girls or cheerleaders.

Guess, those long generation of in-breed really hurts the genes.

Nice car, but can Yi drive already? did he pass his driving-test? I would imagine he should have no problem driving and that he has a car back in China.

But, wouldn't it be dangerous for him to drive? new country, new town, rules of road, driving on left side of the road...etc.
wireonfire
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote
Nice car. But Rover has the worst reliability rating.
shokenchi
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
battousai wrote:
man, I thought the countryside got at least some nice sweet looking girls or cheerleaders.

Guess, those long generation of in-breed really hurts the genes.

Nice car, but can Yi drive already? did he pass his driving-test? I would imagine he should have no problem driving and that he has a car back in China.

But, wouldn't it be dangerous for him to drive? new country, new town, rules of road, driving on left side of the road...etc.

it's a lot harder to drive in china because roads and traffic rules are not organized like in the us.
yudalicious
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quote
battousai wrote:
driving on left side of the road...etc.

both china (except HK) and u.s. drive on the right.... well in china the lanes are more of a suggestion rather than law! haha jk.
pryuen
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
battousai wrote:

Well, according to articles on Chinese website, Yi Jianlian had a driving license when he was back in China, and he had been driving for 1 to 2 years now.

And before his ordered Range Rover (priced at US$ 90,000) was delivered to him, he had been driving a hired Mercury SUV for the past month in Milwaukee already. And as some other posters pointed out, USA and China are of the same systems...

So with aid of GPS and maps etc., don't think it is a big problem for him to drive.