<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Yi Jianlian and His New Car

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 49776Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Yi Jianlian in his business suit, drove his new car, a range rover, and joined the preview luncheon, a party thrown for him and his team mates at Bradley Centre, prior to departing for Orlando for his debut game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:25 pm
pryuen wrote:

Yi Jianlian in his business suit, drove his new car, a range rover, and joined the preview luncheon, a party thrown for him and his team mates at Bradley Centre, prior to departing for Orlando for his debut game.

Wow! Nice car. Nicer still is the cheer leader on the left. Thanks for the pics, Pry.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 12634Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Nice suit, sweet car. The cheerleaders...... oh, did I mention the awesome car?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:59 am
His face looks real emaciated. Maybe thats why everyone's been saying how skinny he is. Not from the look of his body but his face.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:04 am
Golly the Bucks have some of the homliest cheerleaders. I feel sorry for Yi to be stuck in that cow town. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:31 am
User avatarPosts: 3181Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:57 am
man, I thought the countryside got at least some nice sweet looking girls or cheerleaders.

Guess, those long generation of in-breed really hurts the genes.

Nice car, but can Yi drive already? did he pass his driving-test? I would imagine he should have no problem driving and that he has a car back in China.

But, wouldn't it be dangerous for him to drive? new country, new town, rules of road, driving on left side of the road...etc.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:49 am
Nice car. But Rover has the worst reliability rating.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:04 pm
Posts: 7998Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
battousai wrote:
man, I thought the countryside got at least some nice sweet looking girls or cheerleaders.

Guess, those long generation of in-breed really hurts the genes.

Nice car, but can Yi drive already? did he pass his driving-test? I would imagine he should have no problem driving and that he has a car back in China.

But, wouldn't it be dangerous for him to drive? new country, new town, rules of road, driving on left side of the road...etc.

it's a lot harder to drive in china because roads and traffic rules are not organized like in the us.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:14 pm
battousai wrote:
driving on left side of the road...etc.

both china (except HK) and u.s. drive on the right.... well in china the lanes are more of a suggestion rather than law! haha jk.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 49776Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
battousai wrote:

Well, according to articles on Chinese website, Yi Jianlian had a driving license when he was back in China, and he had been driving for 1 to 2 years now.

And before his ordered Range Rover (priced at US$ 90,000) was delivered to him, he had been driving a hired Mercury SUV for the past month in Milwaukee already. And as some other posters pointed out, USA and China are of the same systems...

So with aid of GPS and maps etc., don't think it is a big problem for him to drive.

Offline Profile