<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Who said we need tmac?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
The worst part of the "rox need tmac" theory is that it makes the team sounds like needing another superstar to win games, which is ridiculously FALSE.

Sure the team didn't play w/ enough defensive intensity & had problems scoring when yao was not on the court, BUT they still had a chance to win every game since tmac was out. All rox need is a little time to regroup on the defensive end and find someone to put the ball in the basket in those 10 mins when yao is resting. When rox solve those problems, they can beat teams as good as spurs. Is there no difference btw needing a SUPERSTAR and needing a 10 min offensive boost (fr role players)?

Considering how rox hv been staying close in games recently, ppl would expect rox to win a lot of games easily w/ tmac on the court. Unfortunately that had not been the case b4 tmac's injury becoz of rox's INFAMOUS 4th QAuarTER WOES. Teams had been taking advantages of rox's inability to score in the 4th quarters and made rallies repeatedly. Rox did win quite a few of those games but only becoz there're only 12 mins in the 4th quarter not 13.

It's not a secret that rox's 4th quarter problem coincided w/ tmac *running* the offense at the same time. W/ tmac out, rox has been doing good in the 4th Q. To bring tmac back (w/ him dominating the ball down the stretch) means to bring back the 4th Q woes. In the mean time can he really provide the offensive boost in those 10 mins when yao is resting considering how inconsistent & *passive* he's been this season?

Rox's problem w/ tmac out was essentially lack of depth on their roster, NOT that they need a superstar (is tmac still one?), NOT that they miss tmac's play. W/ toughened defense and a little boost fr guys like bonzi & j.ho, this team is still 2nd-tier good.

--------

Another positive w/ tmac being out is, yao hating experts now can stop saying that yao played well becoz of tmac's presence. I think i heard some experts making those points right b4 tmac's injury, then yao slapped them in the face by putting MVP numbers. However the team still need to win games w/o tmac to shut the critics that yao couldn't lead the team to Ws, but at least it's a small step forward.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS BRILLIANT!!!!!!! WE'RE 2-3 WITHOUT HIM AND 14-7 WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DON'T NEED HIM TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't point to one thing happening under a certain condition and completely ignore something else happening under a different condition. That's called bias.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:06 pm
2-4 without t-mac, wow, that's why i say someone is stupid!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:07 pm
I don't think Yao would agree to that. TMac is still the AST leader on this team. He has the best court vision and excellent distributor. Even with TMac at 3/4 strength, teams will stay lock on to him. We haven't won more than 10 games without TMac since last season.

Rox can win without TMac, but it would be doing it the hard way, and Yao just gets worn out. I'd rather have a Yao at full strength at the end of the season. They're not going to play like this every night. And Spurs played like crap. They clearly disrespect the Rockets.

If Snyder was back, I would be more optimistic. Snyder brings the size and length we lack at SG.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
tharock220 wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS BRILLIANT!!!!!!! WE'RE 2-3 WITHOUT HIM AND 14-7 WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DON'T NEED HIM TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't point to one thing happening under a certain condition and completely ignore something else happening under a different condition. That's called bias.

it's the easiest thing just to look at the numbers. it takes time for teams to ajust and coaches to change philosophies.

------

last time my friend bought an expensive video card that didn't quite mesh w/ his mainboard. his pc could still work but got blackouts now & then. he had to use that card for a few days becoz the mall was shut down & under maintenaince. later he changed to a cheap card and his pc's performance became very good. the best part of the story was the brand of that expensive card had been famous but really slipped in recent yrs.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
seiya wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

it's the easiest thing just to look at the numbers. it takes time for teams to ajust and coaches to change philosophies.

------

last time my friend bought an expensive video card that didn't quite mesh w/ his mainboard. his pc could still work but got blackouts now & then. he had to use that card for a few days becoz the mall was shut down & under maintenaince. later he changed to a cheap card and his pc's performance became very good. the best part of the story was the brand of that expensive card had been famous but really slipped in recent yrs.

It's the easiest thing to look at a situation and draw only the conclusions you want based only on the information you want.

-------

A friend of mine used to always complain about the Texas governor's affiliation with George Bush and his land tax policies. He used that to always call the governor horrible completely ignoring the decreasing dropout rates, budget surplus, and generally successful governorship. He never knew the overall results were all that mattered rather than just nitpicking at things he thought supported his ideas. He dropped out of college in recent years. He also once told me this incredibly strange analogy that didn't seem to apply to the conversation at hand. \

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:38 pm
heheh, guys just don't read properly. i didn't suggest this team is playing better w/o tmac, did i? i'm gonna ignore meaningless replies anyway.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Posts: 1565Location: San Diego & HangzhouJoined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:15 am
this thread is meaningless........we don't need tmac to win games but we need him if we want to get far in the playoffs...... this team is still better with tmac playing and our record shows that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:52 pm
nomad_balla wrote:
this thread is meaningless........we don't need tmac to win games but we need him if we want to get far in the playoffs...... this team is still better with tmac playing and our record shows that.

there's no way rox can be a title contender IF tmac plays the same way he's playing this season.

it seems there're a lot of short-circuited guys on this forum. the team not needing tmac doesn't mean the team not needing someone else.

my friend didn't need that expensive video card but he still needed a more compatible albeit cheap one.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:07 am
Ask Yao his opinion. Ask any of the players their opinion. You know more than them? LOL :lol:

Offline Profile