<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 26: Rox @ Spurs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:43 am
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm

When: Friday, 12 - 22 - 06, 8 : 00 p.m. ET

Broadcast: FSNSW, ESPN

Excellent Preview:The Spurs will look for their seventh straight home win Friday night as they host division rival Houston. The Spurs felt like they could have played better defensively on Wednesday night when they outlasted Memphis 105-98 to extend their current winning streak to five games overall. Spurs are now 9-1 in the month of December and finish the month with four of the next five in San Antonio. The Spurs had been playing well heading into the current homestand, despite a shooting slump from key reserve Michael Finley, but in the last two games Finley has averaged 17 points coming off the bench on 13-20 shooting from the field. He dished out 4 assists on Wednesday night and grabbed 5 rebounds on Saturday night against Philadelphia. The Spurs currently lead the league in three point shooting percentage and if Finley starts to heat up the Spurs will be even more potent.

On Friday night the Spurs will host Yao Ming and the Houston Rockets. The Spurs beat the Rockets in the Toyota Center in November, 92-84. Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili each scored 19 points in that ball game. The game will tip at 7 o'clock central time on Friday night and will be televised by My-35 and will air on Spurs radio 1200, WOAI.

The Rockets longest road trip of the season is becoming the roadie that could've been but wasn't . Baron Davis hit a deep three to beat Houston at Golden State, the Rockets were then unable to hold on to a pair of big leads against the Lakers before falling in double overtime and now, after beating the L.A. Clippers, the Rockets put forth a valiant effort yet fell short once more as the Blazers earned an 89-87 win last night in Portland. The difference was a first half in which Houston could not put the ball in the hole with any regularity. They shot just 30 percent in the opening 24 scoring a season low 34 1st half points and were outscored 34-14 in the 2nd quarter.

The Rockets wrap up the five game road trip tomorrow night in San Antonio and more than likely will do it without Tracy McGrady.

There are no injuries right now on SA's injury list, while T - Mac, Kirk Snyder, and Bob Sura are on Houston's.

Key Opponents:

Fransisco Elson
Last Game: 9 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block
2006-07 Season: Averaging 5.2 points and 5.2 rebounds in 18.5 minutes

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:50 am
User avatarPosts: 53Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:55 am
all i can say is, Play well Yao. Kick some asses. And for rockets, Good Luck.... :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 2159Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
YES, ALLELUJAH...........I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME IS SHOWING ON BSPN. IT WASN'T ORIGINALLY ON BSPN SCHEDULE.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
natedogg22 wrote:
YES, ALLELUJAH...........I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME IS SHOWING ON BSPN. IT WASN'T ORIGINALLY ON BSPN SCHEDULE.

I FEELLL YAAAA man lol. I'm so happy that I finally get to see my Rox even if it is BSPN.

Quote:
all i can say is, Play well Yao. Kick some asses. And for rockets, Good Luck....:cry:

Hey, I made the game thread and I'm feeling good, were gonna get the W. 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:32 pm
good news, t-mac should be back today!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:37 pm
dear god, rox have not won spurs for a long long time, plz show me a miracle tonite!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:42 pm
Spurs 218 Rox 85

If Spurs don't play their starters, it will be a little closer. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:01 pm
Hopefully T-Mac will play, but I wouldn't bet on the Rockets in either case. The Rockets and Spurs are two of the best defensive teams in the league, but the Spurs are also a great offensive team while the Rockets are not. This could be ugly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 59211Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
coolzh wrote:
good news, t-mac should be back today!

Forget about Brokeback TMAC !!! :roll:

According to all information I gathered from the Chinese websites and from Houston Chronicles, TMAC will NOT be playing. He has left the team and flew back to Houston to continue his treatment.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:47 pm
Looks like Yao's going to be triple-teamed, again. :roll:

Do you guys think the Rox will be able to manage 80 points?

Offline Profile