<  Non-Yao stuff  ~  MJ Asia trip

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:14 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
After the official meeting with the Bureau Chief of China National Sports Bureau, MJ went to another public activities at the opening ceremony of the Nike Basketball park in Dongdan Beijing.

However, due to the unexpected crowd of fans that gathered at the scene, for security reasons, MJ pulled out from his appearance !!!

All these fans must be h@ll disappointed by the last minute cancellation of MJ's appearance!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:28 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
So it has been a saying that if you have not been to the Great Wall then you have not been to China. Or if you have not climbed the Great Wall, you'll not be considered a real man (Hao Han 好汉).

So after the cancellation of his public appearance at the Dongdan Nike Basketball Park, MJ instead took a tour of the Great Wall.

And the groupies just followed him around like a group of paparazzi !!!!

For the rest of the photos, please refer to

http://sports.sina.com.cn/z/nikemjcc/ph ... ndex.shtml

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:44 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:43 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:49 pm
superjohn wrote:

A closer look of this gift from sina.com to MJ for MJ to host an on-line chat session with his fans in China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:33 pm
Who is the guy presenting MJ the gift? He is about same height as MJ. Is he a former athlete, or likely a bball player???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:47 pm
wireonfire wrote:
Who is the guy presenting MJ the gift? He is about same height as MJ. Is he a former athlete, or likely a bball player???

He is Daniel Chiang 姜丰年, the Co-Chairman of Sina.com, who was born in Taiwan in 1957; he now lives in Curpertino, California. He used to be a basketball payer in his university years (THE SAME UNIVERSITY THAT WATERFALL_ZEN AND I GRADUATED FROM) ; he loves basketball, and was the chairman of the Sina Lion who played for one season in CBA !!! Sina Lion is ranked second in the professional league of Taiwan.

Sina.com wrote:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:58 pm
Pryuen, you da man! I heard of him, but never seen him b4.

Oh, Pryuen, I thought you were from China originally. So you graduated from a taiwan college? Or UT Dallas on second thought?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:20 am
wireonfire wrote:
Pryuen, you da man! I heard of him, but never seen him b4.

Oh, Pryuen, I thought you were from China originally. So you graduated from a taiwan college? Or UT Dallas on second thought?

I only studied in an US university in my dreams !!! My family could not afford my university education while I was young, and I did not get pass my matriculation to enter HK universities then. I worked for 2 years before I went to Taiwan for my university and then back to Hong Kong for my MBA, all on scholarships !!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:29 am
Mj was pretty busy on his last day of visit in Beijing.

He showed up at the Oriental Plaza for an exhibition as early as 08:00am in the morning, where 9 lukcy MJ die-hard fans displayed/showed off their MJ collectibles: MJ shoes, MJ pictures, MJ paintings, MJ books etc.

For the rest of photos on this activities, please refer to:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/z/nikemjcc/ph ... ndex.shtml

Offline Profile