<  Yao's teammates and coaches  ~  Yao's former teammates: where are they now?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
These players have been Yao's teammates in Houston, do you know where they are now? I'll just write down what I know. Too bad eurobasket.com is now charging for the players info

Still in the NBA

Kenny Thomas
Traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in the Posey trade

James Posey
Rockets didn't match his offer, now with the Memphis Grizzlies

Moochie Norris
Traded to the New York Knicks in the Weatherspoon trade

Others

Eddie Griffin
Picked up by the New Jersey Nets, and released again. Now????

Glen Rice
Traded to the Utah Jazz in the Amaechi trade. Was immediately released, picked up by the Los Angeles Clippers and released again. Now????

Juaquin Hawkins
Tried out for the Golden State Warriors this offseason, but was waived. Now playing for the Long Beach Jam in the ABA.

John Amaechi
Traded to the New York Knicks along with Norris, but was waived. Now???

Jason Collier
Tried out for the Minnesota Timberwolves this offseason. With Fayetteville Patriots in the NBDL for the most part of the season. Now with the Atlanta Hawks on a 10-day contract.

Tito Maddox
Picked up by the Cleveland Cavaliers, but quickly waived.

Terence Morris

Alex Scales
Just finished his season in China with the Shanghai Sharks.

Gabe Muoneke
Played for China's Beijing Olympians this season, and just signed with Maratonistas de Coamo in Puerto Rico.

Jameel Watkins
Played for China's Beijing Ducks this season, but was involved in a fight and suspended for half a year, so not likely to return to China.

Guy Rucker
Played for China's Jilin Northeastern Tigers this season, and just signed with APOEL Nicosia in Cyprus.

Peter Cornell
Played for China's Zhejiang Horses late in the season.

Torraye Braggs
Picked up by the Washington Wizards this season, but then promptly released. Just signed with Leones de Ponce in Puerto Rico.

Ben Davis

Melvin Sanders

Alton Ford
Played for Skipper Fortitudo Bologna in Italy this season.

Anthony "Pig" Miller
Only thing I know is he tried out for the Shandong Bulls in China, but didn't make the team.

Oscar Torres
Picked up by the Golden State Warriors in the 2002-03 season, but was later waived. Now with Pompea Napoli in Italy.

Steve Goodrich
With Darussafaka Istanbul in Turkey in 2002-03 season, and BC Kyiv (Kiev) in Ukraine this season.

Tierre Brown
Picked up by the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2002-03 season while playing for the North Charleston Lowgators in NBDL. Still with the Lowgators this season, when he signed a short contract with the New Orleans Hornets (but later waived.)

Pete Mickeal
Played for the Yakima Sun Kings in the CBA (the one in the States) in the 2002-03 season. Now with Peristeri Athens in Greece.

Please help me update this list if you can.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:38 pm
Posts: 366Location: FilipinasJoined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:59 am
probably the most hurtful for yao was when moochie was traded... the two seemed to have good relationship when they were still together.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:20 am
User avatarPosts: 657Location: USAJoined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:12 am
Wonderful and comprehensive. Thank you, Sinobball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am
User avatarPosts: 58719Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Nikky wrote:
Wonderful and comprehensive. Thank you, Sinobball.

ALL kinds of WONDERFUL & GOOD things happened ever since Sinobball decided to come back and post in YMM. Lots MORE information about Chinese basketball, latest news about Yao Ming, and particularly those nicely translated articles.

Nikky, did you read the translated series of Yao Ming bibliography Sinobball is doing for us NOW ???? That bibliography's original is in Chinese written by Yang Yi, one of Yao Ming's best buddies, who is a famous Chinese sports reporter/writer that has closely followed Yao Ming's career in CBA/NBA for the past 4 years. If not yet, you should go there and read and enjoy!!!! :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

YANG YI'S BOOK ON YAO MING

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:50 am
User avatarPosts: 657Location: USAJoined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:12 am
Oh my! Thanks for redirecting me, Pryuen. Sinobball did such an outstanding job, I think I am going to cry. But, understand that these are tears of wild jubilation and humility. Thank you, Sinobball!

With his return, our missing ingredient now is XRayMom's presence -- our indelible cheerleader, our goddess of optimism and undefiled light.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:25 am
Terence Morris is in NBDL playing for the Columbus Riverdragons
He wears #44

he averages: 27.1 minutes/game, 7.5 rebounds/game, 1.8 assists/game, .8 steals/game, 1.8 TO/game, 1.4 blocks/game, 11.4 points/game

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:14 am
User avatarPosts: 29Location: EgyptJoined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:44 am
Dizzy,Dawson what are you doing???

Offline Profile