Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Gilbert Arenas on Jeremy Lin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:04 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Just saw this video from August. Agree with Arenas on his take on Lin's career...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxMrUrzrVWk


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm
Posts: 1373Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 am
Hmm I will say he didnt seem hesitant and afraid of bumping heads in Brooklyn. Just wasn't able to stay healthy.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:00 am
User avatarPosts: 15698Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
can you give me a gist? in few sentences? I don't really want to hear Arenas ramble from august.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
robWu wrote:
Hmm I will say he didnt seem hesitant and afraid of bumping heads in Brooklyn. Just wasn't able to stay healthy.


? Who did he bump heads with in Brooklyn? He got along fine with everybody there...


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
can you give me a gist? in few sentences? I don't really want to hear Arenas ramble from august.


Basically says that bumping heads with Melo changed the direction of Lin's career...that because of what happened with Melo, Lin changed his approach to the game; instead of playing with swag and confidence, Lin focused more on "fitting in", deferring to the alpha players like Harden, Kobe, etc. Said that if Lin had been allowed to build on on Linsanity and be the focal point, he would have had a much different career.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:33 am
User avatarPosts: 15698Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
can you give me a gist? in few sentences? I don't really want to hear Arenas ramble from august.


Basically says that bumping heads with Melo changed the direction of Lin's career...that because of what happened with Melo, Lin changed his approach to the game; instead of playing with swag and confidence, Lin focused more on "fitting in", deferring to the alpha players like Harden, Kobe, etc. Said that if Lin had been allowed to build on on Linsanity and be the focal point, he would have had a much different career.


Thx, that is pretty much what we said too. Tem used to emphasize this. However, I think the social backlash was going to hit Lin regardless of Melo or not. Basketball culture and how US treat asians were too rigid. Asians were to be the worshipers, while NBA stars were to be worshiped.

This dynamics is expressed from the tone of NBA executives statements yesterday. CHINA is the market. The chinese domestic players is only mimicry. The amount of hubris and smug was in-concealable.

zero chinese/chinese americans players in the NBA now. Fck You adam silver! you let women abusers over the hill Kobe and D Rose continue to play in the NBA! Fcking NBA supported Iraq invasion and Afghanistan war.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:23 am
User avatarPosts: 113Location: Bordeaux (FRANCE)Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am
Malorkayel wrote:
zero chinese/chinese americans players in the NBA now. Fck You adam silver! you let women abusers over the hill Kobe and D Rose continue to play in the NBA! Fcking NBA supported Iraq invasion and Afghanistan war.


+1

Arenas is right, sadly it's a bit late to be vocal about that.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 am
Posts: 1373Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 am
PhilNYC wrote:
robWu wrote:
Hmm I will say he didnt seem hesitant and afraid of bumping heads in Brooklyn. Just wasn't able to stay healthy.


? Who did he bump heads with in Brooklyn? He got along fine with everybody there...


NOt saying he did. Just saying Gilbert Arenas' assessment that after his experience with Melo he just wanted to fade into the background to avoid potential conflict instead of trying to be "the guy" was not accurate during his time in Brooklyn.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
robWu wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
robWu wrote:
Hmm I will say he didnt seem hesitant and afraid of bumping heads in Brooklyn. Just wasn't able to stay healthy.


? Who did he bump heads with in Brooklyn? He got along fine with everybody there...


NOt saying he did. Just saying Gilbert Arenas' assessment that after his experience with Melo he just wanted to fade into the background to avoid potential conflict instead of trying to be "the guy" was not accurate during his time in Brooklyn.


I don't think Arenas said anything about Lin wanting to fade into the background. Avoiding conflicts, yes...and he had no conflicts whatsoever in Brooklyn. Was he trying to be "the guy"? I don't think so...I think he went to Brooklyn because Atkinson was going to play team-ball where there was no "guy", and Atkinson and Marks told him that they were going to have a team-oriented environment that wouldn't stand for a situation like he had with Melo, Harden or Kobe.


Offline Profile YIM

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
9 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum