<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rockets v Magic 23 October 7pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
neodurdin wrote:
True, you are either born aggressive or not, but culture plays a major part. I wouldn't listen to everything that the Chuckmeister says. He doesn't even know the friggin difference between "your" and "you're". Sad is the fact that Kenny Smith had to point out the difference to the Chuckmeister by saying, "this is YOUR shirt" and "YOU'RE an idiot". After that, chuckmeister STILL didn't get the difference. Sad will be the day America learns their wisdom from idiots like Chuck. He might have a basketball mind, but that's about it. Frankly...whether you are born aggressive or not, does not affect how you play. It's all about effort. Dunking is effort, boxing out is effort, bodying people is effort. I don't see how any of these things have to do with how you are born and what your culture did to you, it's just an excuse.

Wow is this true? I didn't think Chuck's IQ was THAT low...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
What do you expect from a guy that plays basketball for a living? Come on, seriously, most of these guys were on the playground talking trash, skipping classes, while you and I were in class studying our butts off. It really shouldn't come as a surprise.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 1124Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
bblock12000 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming does not need to dunk just to prove he is growing into a man, and be dominant in the paint !!!
that makes as much sense as
    :arrow: wZZ doesn't need to fight for a rebound nor dive for loose balls.
    :arrow: wZZ was not given an opportunity in the NBA
    :arrow: Dwight Howard (scoring 8 against starters) sux---based on points scored against the hawks in pre-season---wZZ (scoring 16, during garbage time) doesn't

BBlock

CUT THAT CRAP !!!! You don't need to "ambush" me on every opportunity available just that I am a fan of both WZZ and Yao Ming. :shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

Did I say anything wrong on Yao Ming does not need to dunk just to prove he is dominant in the paint, both offensive and defensive?

He is and will be dominant in the paint:

:arrow: as he consistently grabs 10 ~ 15 rebounds both offensive and defensive per game
:arrow: shot blocking 2 ~ 3 shots per game
:arrow: deploy his various weaponry of hook shots, jump shots, layups, tip-in including dunks of course to consistently score > 20 points each game
:arrow: contest and altar opponents' shots
:arrow: passing and assisting his team mates for easy open shots or treys from the peripherals

He could dunk, dunk, dunk......but could well be a defensive liability and not dominant in the paint.

lol pry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile