Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Houston Rockets Big 4 on 2013~14 Media Day

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 15681Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Quote:
Typical turd chin rant....eight paragraphs of nothing. The overlapping of their skillset(Harden being a great penetrator and passer) combined with Harden's greater talent means he's going to handle the rock more than Lin. That's all I said to Pryuen.


That must be some great talent to overlap Harden with Harden. WTF?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
lol that's right. you were making a point about overlapping skillsets. that's why you kept posting about Kobe and Gary Payton... their overlapping skillsets.

there also wasn't some ****** about iso and random lists of ppl as your rationale. it was "overlapping skillsets" which wasn't even in your post.

glad we cleared that up. keep posting good stuff and keep up the good humor with your responses. the good thing about you is that you dont get emotional and butthurt.

it has nothing to do with overlapping skillsets. it has to do with ****** schematics. Harden had the ball in his hands too much because he was trying to do too much and McHale was trying to have him do too much.

you'll know this is true because Harden's ball handling will go down this year and Lin's will go probably stay similar. logically this will be because THEIR SKILLSETS WILL HAVE MAGICALLY CHANGED THIS SUMMER and not because they have gotten another offensive threat in Dwight Howard. see? it's about Harden's skillset. it's not about ****** playcalling trying to make Harden carry the team.

rock you realize you're in a forum right? are you literally going to get offended every time someone responds to you? your existence on the forum is literally to get responses from pryuen talking about swimming and great butthurt when anyone else talks about the dumb ****** that you posted..

lulz


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 15681Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Yes, the point is that Harden will handle the ball less than last year.

They won't be playing exclusively 2 man inside outside. They already mentioned that Hardened got worn out last season doing too much.

Not that it was McHales fault of course... :roll: :roll: :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
you're a young player and the coach tells you "go iso and score everything. you're going to go 1 v 5 at the end and I got nothing for you go out and be the man"

most guys are just going to try to shoulder the load and do what's asked. you can't really blame Harden for ******. they just had a crap coach and lazy gameplan.

but to post nonsense like it's some mechanical thing that Harden has to handle the ball that much to the detriment of everything because being the best player means you handle the ball and that's normal because of Kobe + list a bunch of years they didn't win ****** is ****** stupid.

no amount of butthurt from rock is going to change that.

it was a LIABILITY that Harden did that, not some natural part of basketball or a function of Harden having to do that because he's good and Lin is bad. I just spent 8 paragraphs explaining why SG handling the ball is bad and all moranus got out of it is butthurt someone other than pryuen posted after him


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:55 pm
Posts: 18051Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
Dr. No wrote:
temuchin wrote:
Harden didn't play at Arizona ..... he played for ASU ...
ms turd chin reduced to being a nitpicker :roll:

Malorkayel wrote:
Howard isn't changing, I don't know if he CAN change.
him training w Lin in Co is a good sign that he may be willing to give it a try, ie the PnR...

that's one play that he had refused to run w the Lakers' Steve Nash

PnR and then some inside moves, such as the up-n-under move


Have you ever tried any Five Guys burgers?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 am
Posts: 4663Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Five Guys is pretty good, but it's no In-n-Out...


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
temuchin wrote:
lol that's right. you were making a point about overlapping skillsets. that's why you kept posting about Kobe and Gary Payton... their overlapping skillsets.




Holy ****** dude. I could only get to here before the stupidity made me stop. Payton and Kobe both scored and passed(often leading their team in both statistics). Overlapping skill set. Harden and Lin don't sport major differences in their games like say Kidd and Carter.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:10 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
THEY BOTH PASSED AND SCORED YOU GUYS. you just described 40% of the NBA.

serious question: do you even know who Kobe and Payton are? I mean have you ever even seen Payton play? you just described Kobe and Payton like they were similar players. despite both these guys having a some of the most distinguishing playstyles in recent NBA history. you are a ****** imbecile posting that nonsense.

other players who tharock believes had "overlapping skillsets"

shaq and rik smits (they both scored and rebounded OVERLAPPING SKILLSET)

Yao and Steve Nash (they both scored and shot free throws OVERLAPPING SKILLSET)

Spud Webb and Moses Malone (they both dunked and dribbled the ball OVERLAPPING SKILLSET)


quit being a ****** moranus.

it's impossible to state how ****** a post that is. learn some ****** basketball. your entire existence can't be following around pryuen spamming about 2008 Olympic swimming and posting noob nonsense about basketball then getting burrhurt about it

every time you post about basketball it's some basic ignorant mistake followed by a long butthurt Trail of Tears trying to justify stupidity with some misguided semantics. Kobe and Payton aren't similar that is stupid enough but you never even mentioned the concept of overlapping skillsets in any of those rants until you bombed out and were called on it. your entire point was talking nonsense about how isobeard with Harden dominating the ball was a legit option with the rationale being this list of dudes who play iso. your FAILURE was your basketball ignorance and obliviousness that iso is entirely supported by having a mismatch on the defense which isobeard does not establish 1 v 5 at the end of games.

derailing your own point by posting something new and outrageously ignorant to divert all attention is typical moranus nonsense and something that you increasingly do every time you try to post about ball. try being a decent human being and a semi-decent poster. you posted about isobeard being a best option. people responded to that. speak to that instead of being a ****** coward over something that doesn't even matter. no one cares if you're right or wrong, just stick to your point and make it instead of running for cover every damn post. Not that it should even matter to you but I will give you credit if you ever post something that makes sense as will other ppl on the forum


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
temuchin wrote:
THEY BOTH PASSED AND SCORED YOU GUYS. you just described 40% of the NBA.

serious question: do you even know who Kobe and Payton are? I mean have you ever even seen Payton play? you just described Kobe and Payton like they were similar players. despite both these guys having a some of the most distinguishing playstyles in recent NBA history. you are a ****** imbecile posting that nonsense.

other players who tharock believes had "overlapping skillsets"

shaq and rik smits (they both scored and rebounded OVERLAPPING SKILLSET)

Yao and Steve Nash (they both scored and shot free throws OVERLAPPING SKILLSET)

Spud Webb and Moses Malone (they both dunked and dribbled the ball OVERLAPPING SKILLSET)



Guess you missed the part where I said they led their teams in both categories. Payton was a more dedicated point guard and Kobe was a more dedicated scorer, but the years they were their teams' best players they dominated the rock. They scored the ball and were expected to create for their teammates. They both drove and were excellent post up players who had plays designed for them in the post despite playing with capable big men.

I think from now on I'm going to stop at the first stupid thing you say address that and ignore the rest of your post. Keep that in mind for your next essay.

If the argument is Jeremy needs to handle the ball more because Harden so Harden has to do less I agree, but as a playermaker and penetrator, Harden is better. And that's not the argument Pry made.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:24 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
guess you missed the part where Yao and Nash led their teams in free throws.

you're just a ****** poster. post a bunch of nonsense because you don't know anything about basketball and then cry about everyone else

can you even explain why anyone would care what arbitrary condition you post? your entire premise is retarded that Kobe and Payton are similar players with overlapping skillsets but the only reason you're even posting about that is because you made a bunch of dumb statements about isobeard and how awesome it is that Harden dominates the ball and loses games. your entire new rant is your being a little scared POS frantic about covering up the tracks of some ignorant crap you posted on a messageboard 5 ppl read

using the conventions of this forum you might as well post this:

tharock220 wrote:
McDonalds and Pizza Hut are the same type of restaurant on the same street


Quote:
One is pizza other is burgers?


tharock220 wrote:
you missed the part where i said they were on the same street


Quote:
...


tharock220 wrote:
from now on I'm going to only respond to things that I feel like I haven't already screwed up. it may or may not be related to anything in the thread


you win?

no one gives a ****** about your stupid assertion that a guy who dominated the ball to lead the league in scoring is the same type of player as the dude who had the balls in his hands to feed Shawn Kemp and get all 5 of his guys in double figures. do you even care about being a complete Moranus? or is the entire point to just keep flailing about ****** just so you dont have to talk about the other crap you were mocked about?

the funny part is you could have derailed your own argument and started a sideshow talking about any random ******. but you pick the one that proves you know jack ****** about sports. how much of a ****** imbecile do you have to be to specifically go out and say 1 dude who gets 50% more assists is the same skillset player as the dude who gets 50% more points lol.

and you don't even know how they got their assists. Kobe got assists playing in a triangle offense with set option to pass out to if he can't score. Payton brought the ball up the court and distributed. it's literally like you haven't seen them play. one guy was among the league leaders in assists every year. other dude was dishing out the about as many assists as Lamar Odom and Luke Walton. just lol

Your entire argument is ****** start to end. It only exists because you're too much of a ***** to back up your statements so you want to derail about something else but even look at your specific argument relating to Harden dominating the ball. The year Kobe and Payton played together PAYTON LED THE TEAM IN ASSISTS. even though Kobe had 50% more usage lol. [b]Yes they have the same skills except one guy is much much better[/b/] lol. Yes they both have the ball in their hands to create and score except the one guy who has the ball in his hands to score ROLF.

put it this way. you're talking about the "skillset" of passing. you aren't going to understand this but if you look at their AST PER that year and factor in their usage % Paytons rate for assists is almost 1.75x more than Kobe's. lol they have similar skillsets but even playing ON THE SAME TEAM with the advantage in Kobe's favor since he "dominates the ball" as you yourself have posted Payton is 1.75x more effective at the skillset which you claim they "overlap"? why because there's some years when Kobe dominated the ball enough to default into 5-6 APG and not let anyone else have more than that.

yes, Payton even in your specific example is up near 2x better a skill. in his prime he went for 50% more AST per game and basically was elite every year at his skill compared to Kobe who barely beat out Luke Walton one year at the "skillet" they share. but they have OVERLAPPING SKILLSETS. you know who else has overlapping skillsets? that's right. anyone who scores around 10 points a game with Hakeem. OVERLAPPING SKILLSETS


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 7 of 11
106 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron