<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Zhou Qi is coming to North Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:30 pm
Playing for either Wake Forest or Duke!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
directshoot wrote:
Playing for either Wake Forest or Duke!

WHERE IS THE SOURCE??? :shock:

Don't tell me it's from bbs.hupu.com aka hoopschina.com.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

There was this thread on hupu.com (the largest and most influencial basketball forum in China) back in mid February, talking about 2 fans (1 studying at Wake Forest) chit-chating about possibility of Chris Tang joining Wake Forest after graduating from Oak Hill Academy.

http://bbs.hupu.com/5115549.html

Then the Chinese fan told the other guy that there were rumors that Zhou Qi, after this year's China National Games, might have interests to join Duke, as his contract with the Liaoning Jiebao junior team is expiring.

The fan on the US side then asked the Chinese fan to provide him with tapes/videos of both Chris Tang and Zhou Qi.

Then he approached Jeff Nix, Wake Forest head coach, and let him review those tapes/videos.

Jeff Nix was deeply impressed about Zhou Qi, and not so much on Chris Tang, and asked for the e-mail contact of Zhou Qi's father, and proceeded to draft Zhou Qi's father a proposal of getting Zhou Qi to play for Wake Forest.

NO PROGRESS/UPDATE on that hupu.com thread after end February.

Personally think this whole thing is just like The Arabian Nights: Tales of 1001 Nights 天方夜谭, i.e.

• It's just UNSOLICITED RUMORS
  • It probably won't happen
cos

• I don't think Liaoning provincial sports bureau will be willing to let Zhou Qi go
  • Zhou Qi does not come from a well-off family that can afford sending him abroad
  • Zhou Qi does not have the academic qualifications to study in USA.
  • The head coach of Wake Forest Demon Deacons is someone called Jeff Bzdelik and not Jeff Nix.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 4764Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
it's nice to know there are some white people who are just starting to hear about Zhou Qi now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 pm
lol i doubt it. If DUke wants you, you're probably good enough to go to any school in the country. Wake Forest is terrible, it'd be an easy choice if he even has one.

Offline Profile