<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Hightlight Video of Wang Zhelin in his Rookie Season

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:01 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
2016:

Center: WZL 7'0
PF: ZQ 7'2 (or7'3)
SM: YJL 7'0
SG: GS 6'6
PG: GAL 6'3

Bench: YL 6'9, JH 6'8, DYYH 6'8, ZXC 6'9, ZZX 7'3, XRLJ 6'4, LXX 6'9

hmmmm ... new great wall of China...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bobliu wrote:
2016:

Don't think Yi Jianlian can play well as a small forward. :roll:

I have my reservation on Zhou Qi and Gao Shang developing into the starting power forward and shooting guard for 2016 given all these bureaucracy and seniority issues in Chinese basketball.

Some of those old faces in their late 20s or early 30s could still be around by 2016 (Zhou Peng, Sun Yue, Ding Jinhui etc.). Hopefully no more Liu Wei, Wang Zhizhi, Wang Shipeng, Zhu Fangyu etc. etc.

BTW, who's JH ??? Do you mean Ding Jinhui i.e. DJH???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm
bobliu wrote:
nice. thx. lots of the moves look familiar... only in pig's eye, wzl resembles bateer who never had those foot work in his games...tried but no cigar.

even though i truely wish wzl had bateer's strength, he appears too weak and nowhere near bateer. besides skills, he needs to have that in order to have a chance in the nba.

between wzl and zhou qi, zhou has a better chance to get to the next level.

You contradicted yourself. You a appreciate Bateer's strength, but as you know, Zhou Qi is very skinny. How is he going to do better than WZL, if you already think Wang is too weak?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm
superjohn wrote:
bobliu wrote:
nice. thx. lots of the moves look familiar... only in pig's eye, wzl resembles bateer who never had those foot work in his games...tried but no cigar.

even though i truely wish wzl had bateer's strength, he appears too weak and nowhere near bateer. besides skills, he needs to have that in order to have a chance in the nba.

between wzl and zhou qi, zhou has a better chance to get to the next level.

You contradicted yourself. You a appreciate Bateer's strength, but as you know, Zhou Qi is very skinny. How is he going to do better than WZL, if you already think Wang is too weak?

ZQ is only 17. Most teenagers are skinny if they grow too much in just a few year. My friend's son was a little fat boy when I saw him 8 years ago. Iaw him again at the last new year party -8 years later... he is 6'2 and 165 lbs...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:02 am
bobliu wrote:
2016:

Your proposed line-up reminds me of the few minutes in 2000 Sydney Olympics when team China fielded Wang ZZ, Yao Ming, Bateer on the floor at the same time. It failed miserably. May I remind you that height isn't the only determining factor in basketball.
I highly doubt that Zhou Qi will be ready to be a starter on the CNT by 2016, a sub maybe but not a starter. Simply too soon. On top of which is the fact that Zhou Qi is not fast enough against most international PF. Similarly, most SF will drive by Yi like a stool. Again height isn't everything. Otherwise CNT would have won the 2008 Olympics.
In terms of PG, i noticed you ommited CJH, Liu XY and Han Shuo. These three were the promising prody guards a couple of years ago, who all had an official birth year of 89. This year they are slowly climbing out of their collective slumps and I believe they, along with GAL, will be the backbone of CNT point guard position for the next couple of years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
williamshi888 wrote:

In terms of PG, i noticed you ommited CJH, Liu XY and Han Shuo. These three were the promising prody guards a couple of years ago, who all had an official birth year of 89. This year they are slowly climbing out of their collective slumps and I believe they, along with GAL, will be the backbone of CNT point guard position for the next couple of years.

Well, all 3 of them have matured quite a bit in their game (sort of enlightened) in the past season, particularly for Liu Xiaoyu, who often edged out Chen Jianghua for more play minutes at position 1 in the Guangdong Dongguan Bank Hongyuan Tigers.

But we also have to take into consideration of the "official" age issue of both Han Shuo and Chen Jianghua.

It had been exposed back in 2010 that Liaoning provincial sports bureau had changed the age of a couple of their players: Han Shuo, Yang Ming and Han Dejun were amongst the players exposed. (In fact, there were rumors that the age of Guo Ailun and Zhou Qi were fake too !!). Since then, the birthday of Han Shuo had been changed back to 1986.

As for Chen Jianghua, it was even worst. He was actually the same age as Yi Jianlian, born in 1984.

So by 2016, Chen Jianghua will be 32 years old and Han Shuo will be 30 years old insteads of 27 years old.

As for Liu Xiaoyu, his age seemed to be genuine.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:38 am
if it was true that ZQ changed his age by 4 yeras as some people mentioned, it would be too bad. ZQ would be a stick for the rest of his career. liaoning shoulda stayed with meng xiangyu who would be 2-3 tears younger as well as taller and stronger. zq is not from liao ning though. he was bore in a different province ...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 am
bobliu wrote:
if it was true that ZQ changed his age by 4 yeras as some people mentioned, it would be too bad. ZQ would be a stick for the rest of his career. liaoning shoulda stayed with meng xiangyu who would be 2-3 tears younger as well as taller and stronger. zq is not from liao ning though. he was bore in a different province ...

Zhou Qi was from Henan.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 1126Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
lol this is chinas best prospect? 7 footer who plays below the rim... i also see how easy it is to dominate in china... no woner even eddie curry avereges 30 points per game lmao

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm
buzzku wrote:
lol this is chinas best prospect? 7 footer who plays below the rim... i also see how easy it is to dominate in china... no woner even eddie curry avereges 30 points per game lmao

Another E.T. from Planet DUMB@$$ V !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

WHO told you that Eddy Curry averaged 30 ppg??? :roll:

His ppg is even lower than Yi Jianlian..... and he played like ***********.
Wang Zhelin scored 31 points/15 rebounds over his head.

He played
SUCH BAD that right after Game 1 of their playoff series with Guangdong Dongguan Bank Hongyuan Tigers, his team Zhejiang Chouzhou Bank sacked him, even though they ran out of time to recruit his replacement and had to play with only 1 expat player for the rest of the playoff.

Offline Profile