<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Hightlight Video of Wang Zhelin in his Rookie Season

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:06 pm
Posts: 248Location: California, Bay AreaJoined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:56 pm
Thanks for posting Pry. I think he will never be in the NBA. I thnk he will stay in the cba. He is too weak. But he have better post move than Yi. not one dimensional.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
r11 wrote:
Thanks for posting Pry. I think he will never be in the NBA. I thnk he will stay in the cba. He is too weak. But he have better post move than Yi. not one dimensional.

Don't jump to CONCLUSION YET like that NUTHEAD YMM douchebag Dr. Moranus. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wang Zhelin had just turned 19-years-old.

When Yao Ming joined NBA as a 22 year old, he was ALSO still rail thin. :roll:

Did you watch HOW
Wang Zhelin demolished/dominated over Nerlens Noel , the predicted NBA 2013 #1 Draft Pick in last year's Nike Hoop Summit???

Nerlens Noel will be 19 years old in 1 month's time, 6ft 11 and 215 lbs with 7ft 4 wing span, and is touted as one of the most exciting and athletic centres in recent years. He is currently ranked #1 in Top 100 Prospects of Class 2013 and #2 in NCAA Freshmen of Class 2013.

But pitching up against Wang Zhelin, Nerlens Noel could only manage to score 5 points/4 rebounds but with more play minutes.

Wang Zhelin did MUCH BETTER than that, scoring 19 points/8 rebounds in only 22 minutes of action.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
Thanks for the clip Pry.:)

I like Wang Zhelin's game a lot. A lot of spins and pivots around the rim, and consistently finishing with contact. Unlike WZZ, Yi, and even Yao, WZL looks comfortable playing a physical style. I think he has a good feel for the game, and a tenacious style, that I enjoy watching.

Developing a reliable mid range jumper, and added strength, will only help him even more. And he seems to have the right attitude about it all.

There is still a ways ahead, but I'm nterested to see how it all pans out. 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:52 am
Posts: 673Location: Iowa City, IowaJoined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:16 am
Awesome foot work... He will be in the NBA just because of his height and foot work. Vertical is not that good, but that's not as important when you are 7'1... wish he can get to 7'3 or something.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 am
User avatarPosts: 4764Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Thank you for posting the video. I have been waiting all season long for highlight clips of Wang Zhelin.

I think he has similiar athletic ability to Omer Asik. He is a notch below Yi Jianlian's athletic ability. But Wang Zhelin has a better feel for the game around the basket than Yi. Wang Zhelin has spin moves towards the basket that Yi never displayed. and WZL was able to dunk one-handed!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:35 am
pryuen wrote:
r11 wrote:

Don't jump to CONCLUSION YET like that NUTHEAD YMM douchebag Dr. Moranus. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wang Zhelin had just turned 19-years-old.

When Yao Ming joined NBA as a 22 year old, he was ALSO still rail thin. :roll:

Did you watch HOW
Wang Zhelin demolished/dominated over Nerlens Noel , the predicted NBA 2013 #1 Draft Pick in last year's Nike Hoop Summit???

Nerlens Noel will be 19 years old in 1 month's time, 6ft 11 and 215 lbs with 7ft 4 wing span, and is touted as one of the most exciting and athletic centres in recent years. He is currently ranked #1 in Top 100 Prospects of Class 2013 and #2 in NCAA Freshmen of Class 2013.

But pitching up against Wang Zhelin, Nerlens Noel could only manage to score 5 points/4 rebounds but with more play minutes.

Wang Zhelin did MUCH BETTER than that, scoring 19 points/8 rebounds in only 22 minutes of action.

Are are you saying Wang zhelin should be ranked #1 for 2013 draft instead? When is Wang joining the draft?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:32 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:

Are are you saying Wang zhelin should be ranked #1 for 2013 draft instead? When is Wang joining the draft?

Don't waste your BLUE fonts !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I only said he performed BETTER than Nerlens Noel the NBA 2013 #1 Draft Pick in the 2012 Nike Hoop Summit.

We all know there is ups and downs of players in game situations.

Wang Zhelin belongs to the Class of 2014, when he will be 20 years old.

But as already discussed,
personally don't think he will go for the draft in 2014, as CBA won't approve/allow that. They're already saying he needs to play AT LEAST 2 to 3 MORE CBA seasons to improve on his skills before he will go for the Draft, i.e. when he reaches 22 years old.

So it could be the NBA 2016 Draft.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
nice. thx. lots of the moves look familiar... only in pig's eye, wzl resembles bateer who never had those foot work in his games...tried but no cigar.

even though i truely wish wzl had bateer's strength, he appears too weak and nowhere near bateer. besides skills, he needs to have that in order to have a chance in the nba.

between wzl and zhou qi, zhou has a better chance to get to the next level.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 am
bobliu wrote:
nice. thx. lots of the moves look familiar... only in pig's eye, wzl resembles bateer who never had those foot work in his games...tried but no cigar.

even though i truely wish wzl had bateer's strength, he appears too weak and nowhere near bateer. besides skills, he needs to have that in order to have a chance in the nba.

between wzl and zhou qi, zhou has a better chance to get to the next level.

Well, IMHO, basically Zhou Qi and Wang Zhelin are 2 different type of players. :roll:

Zhou Qi seemed more suited for playing position 4 than position 5.

He did not have the sophisticated low post skills/footworks that Wang Zhelin displayed, but is more nimble and quick with long wingspan and also strong knack for rebounding and shot blocking. He has more silky shooting touch and has range too which Wang Zhelin lacks.

But similar to Wang Zhelin, Zhou Qi is EVEN MUCH WEAKER in his upper limbs. He is just TOO RAIL THIN.

The only advantage I see in Zhou Qi is that he is younger (if his age is real), there is still time and room to learn new stuff, polish his skills and eradicate bad habits.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
I do not doubt the ages of these two. We have followed their growth for a few years. Zhou has grown to 7'2 in 2012 and is 17 years old now. He will be part of the U19 team representing China this year. I would select him for the Asian tournament as well if he does well in the U19 games.

As we can see from the video, WZL has the footwork to squeeze in between two defenders for a basket in the paint while Zhou usually stops behind the two and shoot a jumper above the defenders. WZL can also quickly move left-right-then left to get his defender away for a layup while Zhou almost always just tries to get higher and over the defender's top to shoot a close up jumper. He did not need to have any of the footwork that WZL has to get the shot off becasue his defenders were usually much shorter, and many times had the same strength if not weaker. The challenges for Zhou Qi will come. He is still learning and will be catching up with his footwork...

I am not sure which position he will be at his best just yet. But if he could play the PF position well, then it would be good for China. With WZL at center and Zhou Qi at PF, the 2016 Chinese team will have a better chance than 2012.

Offline Profile