<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  2013 CBA All Stars Weekend (February 23 ~ 24, Guangzhou)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 am
pryuen wrote:

The following gif clippage is for that idioooooooooot Dr. Moranus, who without ever watched how Wang Zhelin played, kept saying Wang Zhelin is slow footed, with zero vertical leap and played with both feet on the floor.

See how high he can jump on this block shot (which was adjudged to be interfering).

the impressive thing about this clip isn't just the jump, but the run to track the shot down. He was almost keeping pace with the guard

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:51 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Momak wrote:
pryuen wrote:

The following gif clippage is for that idioooooooooot Dr. Moranus, who without ever watched how Wang Zhelin played, kept saying Wang Zhelin is slow footed, with zero vertical leap and played with both feet on the floor.

See how high he can jump on this block shot (which was adjudged to be interfering).

the impressive thing about this clip isn't just the jump, but the run to track the shot down. He was almost keeping pace with the guard

YEAH.... He is actually pretty speedy when you consider his height.

I could be
BIASED. But the MORE I reviewed this gif clippage, the MORE I felt it was a CLEAN block as the ball was on its way up and not yet down

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:40 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
No use ... Wang Zhelin is still a slow-footed zero jumping Bateer 2 in a certain bball expert on this board.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 am
Posts: 8236Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
just saw a clip from cctv and the background music is uncensored version of young, wild and free by snoop et al. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:11 pm
pryuen wrote:
Momak wrote:
pryuen wrote:

YEAH.... He is actually pretty speedy when you consider his height.

I could be
BIASED. But the MORE I reviewed this gif clippage, the MORE I felt it was a CLEAN block as the ball was on its way up and not yet down

Yeahh, mobile big men are always an asset in the league. Hopefully he gains enough strength as well to compliment that.

For the block, I think it was called goaltending not because it was on the way down, but it looks like the ball hit the backboard before WZL got his hand on it. I see it change trajectory (the spin on the ball changes) for just a brief second before he touches it.

Offline Profile