<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Dedicated Thread of 2012 Taiwan/China Tour of Jeremy Lin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:19 am
User avatarPosts: 58818Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
NOT SURE IF YOU GUYS can watch this video.

http://video.sina.com.cn/p/sports/k/v/2 ... 52985.html

Jeremy and David Lee popped up from nowhere last night after 22:00 pm at the Mecca of Taipei's streetball, and played a 4 vs 4 with 3 teams in the playground.

Their team (Jeremy, Joshua, David Lee and Josh Fan, his strength & conditioning coach) won all 3 contests.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:57 am
Why fish for prawns there? Just go to the market or a restaurant and buy the prawns as many as you want.

Playing street ball increases the chances of injury due to the lousy environment and sometimes there are gangsters there.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:53 am
Posts: 4408Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
superjohn wrote:
Playing street ball increases the chances of injury due to the lousy environment and sometimes there are gangsters there.

It's a great way to toughen up...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 am
Posts: 4408Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
voyd wrote:
pryuen wrote:
LMAO, racial differences sure die hard!

Jeremy is in an Asian squat wearing socks and flip-flops..
White girl is glamming it up in towering stilettos...while prawn fishing. :lol:

Not sure how "glammed up" she is with that shirt. Am sure she is in ultra-high-heels so that she doesn't look awkwardly short next to her boyfriend...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:56 am
Thanks for sharing that link Pry

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:04 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
voyd wrote:
pryuen wrote:
LMAO, racial differences sure die hard!

Jeremy is in an Asian squat wearing socks and flip-flops..
White girl is glamming it up in towering stilettos...while prawn fishing. :lol:

Not sure how "glammed up" she is with that shirt. Am sure she is in ultra-high-heels so that she doesn't look awkwardly short next to her boyfriend...

plus she's a chick. don't think Lin is going to be sporting stilettos (in public)

the squat thing is somewhat true. Asians do that squat I dont know why. actually it's hard for a lot of caucasians to do that due to their knees. I have a friend who is a yoga instructor who was talking about that.

I was walking across Central Park with one of my nieces when she was about 4, which I guess was pretty tiring for her and waiting for a crosswalk she just up and dropped a squat waiting for the light. I was like "wtf is this inborn w/asians" I'm sure she'd never even seen her father or mother squat like that

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 58818Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Do you guys think this will work??? :shock:

Jeremy went out for his training as usual yesterday.

And during the training, he was seen poking his fingers and hand into a bucket of rice grains like what is shown in the above photos.

According to Jeremy, he included the exercise 3 to 4 times a week into his training regimen.

He said as a point guard (and actually any other positions), it is easy to hurt and injure one's fingers.

So the exercise is not to practice Iron Palm 铁砂掌 but sort of served as a way to strengthen the muscle groups as well as muscle relaxation for the fingers.

He said by doing so, it can reduce the chances of injuring his fingers. Also it helps to practice finger roll.

He added that alot of quarterbacks in NFL also practice their fingers like that to enhance muscle strength of the fingers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:56 pm
I was wrong the other day when I said his training camp had ended. :oops:

His training camp was divided into 2 clinics of 2 days each: one for primary school boys and girls (August 27 ~ 28 ) and then another one for junior high school boys and girls (August 29 ~ 30) .

In yesterday's closing ceremony, Jeremy spoke a few words to thank his sponsor, as well as all the working staff and participating boys and girls for making his training camp a success.

He also encouraged the boys and girls to never give up their love of the game, and always keep practicing/improving on their game.

David Lee and his fiance Sabina Gadecki left Taiwan at night, while Jeremy will travel to Hualian in East Taiwan for a charity event today.

Here are some photos on the closing day of Jeremy's training camp in Taipei.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 15349Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
pryuen wrote:

Do you guys think this will work??? :shock:

Jeremy went out for his training as usual yesterday.

And during the training, he was seen poking his fingers and hand into a bucket of rice grains like what is shown in the above photos.

According to Jeremy, he included the exercise 3 to 4 times a week into his training regimen.

He said as a point guard (and actually any other positions), it is easy to hurt and injure one's fingers.

So the exercise is not to practice Iron Palm 铁砂掌 but sort of served as a way to strengthen the muscle groups as well as muscle relaxation for the fingers.

He said by doing so, it can reduce the chances of injuring his fingers. Also it helps to practice finger roll.

He added that alot of quarterbacks in NFL also practice their fingers like that to enhance muscle strength of the fingers.

lies! he is practicing Iron Palm technique. He's going to get revenge on Camelo and all the Miami team too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 am
Posts: 314Location: CaliforniaJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm
yea!!! if some opposing big man try to hammer him in the paint again, watch out! Jeremy's gonna bust out the Iron Palm :lol:

Offline Profile