Author Message

<  Yao off the court; Yao's personality  ~  Dedicated Thread to Yao Ming Off Court Activities (2010)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:40 pm
Posts: 17751Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
Yao Ming should produce more children if he cares about the future of China.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:08 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
What kind of sick logic is that? So if Yao only has one child then he does not care about China any more? Can you answer that question?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 1114Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
i thought yao mings children were born in america and have nothing to do with china


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 am
Posts: 17751Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
Yao Ming should lead by example as his influence is big. The family policy situation is the biggest issue facing China right now.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:00 am
User avatarPosts: 59193Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
Yao Ming should lead by example as his influence is big. The family policy situation is the biggest issue facing China right now.


NOT AGAIN SUPERMORONICJEAN !!! :roll:

There is NOTHING WRONG
about birth control/family planning policy in China.

In fact, the HUGE POPULATION is in itself the REAL PROBLEM, affecting education, housing, employment, social welfare and the quality/standard of life.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:43 am
Posts: 17751Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:
Yao Ming should lead by example as his influence is big. The family policy situation is the biggest issue facing China right now.


NOT AGAIN SUPERMORONICJEAN !!! :roll:

There is NOTHING WRONG
about birth control/family planning policy in China.

In fact, the HUGE POPULATION is in itself the REAL PROBLEM, affecting education, housing, employment, social welfare and the quality/standard of life.


It is the aging population situation, and social issues like spoiled kids. The big population is okay as the economy is still growing. If China becomes another Japan, the shrinking working population will slow the economic growth.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 59193Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yao Ming and Ye Li went to Leshan of Sichuan yesterday to inspect Linjiang primary school.

Linjiang primary school was built in the 1990s, a very old and broken school for close to 1,000 children with very scanty facilities, situated in far and remote mountain area in Leshan of Sichuan.

Yao Ming Foundation in conjunction with Anta (China's athletic sports company) will fund the refurbishment of the school and to build a new school complex for them.
This will be the 12th Project Hope school that Yao Ming Foundation funded. And the school will change its name to Linjiang Anta ~ Yao Foundation Project Hope School.

Yao Ming and Ye Li inspected the school facilities, and interacted with the school kids to draw with crayons a picture of the future school. They also received gifts done by hands from the school children.

Photos of Yao Ming and Ye Li during the visit.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 am
User avatarPosts: 59193Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am


Big Yao is such a noble guy....a humanitarian !!!

After his visit/inspection of the Linjiang Anta ~ Yao Foundation Project Hope School in Leshan on the 17th, he and Ye Li were in Chengdu yesterday.

They paid a visit to the China Bear Rescue Centre aka the Moon Bear Rescue Centre, operated by Animals Asia Foundation at Xindu District in Chengdu.

It is not a secret that in China, Vietnam and many other Asian countries, thousands of Asiatic black bears (also known as moon bears because of the yellow crescent of fur splashed on their chests) live a life of torture on bear farms, so that their bile can be extracted and used in traditional medicine to cure ailments ranging from headaches to haemorrhoids. Bears are confined in cages which vary from agonisingly tiny "crush" cages to larger pens, all of which cause terrible physical and mental suffering.

Animals Asia Foundation based in Hong Kong in their mssion to protect animals in Asia from cruelty had been working on

  • Ending bear farming and the trade in bear bile
  • Ending the consumption of dogs and cats
They had signed agreements with the Chinese and Vietnamese governments in their endeavor to end bear farming, and had operated the China Bear Rescue Centre for a number of years now. Pitiful, caged moon bears saved from bear farms all over China are sent there and are professionally treated and healed by their veterinary team, which is globally recognised for its expertise in caring for rescued farmed bears.

Big Yao and Ye Li toured the facilties, went to the hospital/laboratory to see the moon bears under medical care, went to cemetry that buried dead moon bears and pleaded the public to stop bear farming and love and care about the moon bears.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 1114Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
pryuen wrote:


Big Yao is such a noble guy....a humanitarian !!!

After his visit/inspection of the Linjiang Anta ~ Yao Foundation Project Hope School in Leshan on the 17th, he and Ye Li were in Chengdu yesterday.

They paid a visit to the China Bear Rescue Centre aka the Moon Bear Rescue Centre, operated by Animals Asia Foundation at Xindu District in Chengdu.

It is not a secret that in China, Vietnam and many other Asian countries, thousands of Asiatic black bears (also known as moon bears because of the yellow crescent of fur splashed on their chests) live a life of torture on bear farms, so that their bile can be extracted and used in traditional medicine to cure ailments ranging from headaches to haemorrhoids. Bears are confined in cages which vary from agonisingly tiny "crush" cages to larger pens, all of which cause terrible physical and mental suffering.

Animals Asia Foundation based in Hong Kong in their mssion to protect animals in Asia from cruelty had been working on

  • Ending bear farming and the trade in bear bile
  • Ending the consumption of dogs and cats
They had signed agreements with the Chinese and Vietnamese governments in their endeavor to end bear farming, and had operated the China Bear Rescue Centre for a number of years now. Pitiful, caged moon bears saved from bear farms all over China are sent there and are professionally treated and healed by their veterinary team, which is globally recognised for its expertise in caring for rescued farmed bears.

Big Yao and Ye Li toured the facilties, went to the hospital/laboratory to see the moon bears under medical care, went to cemetry that buried dead moon bears and pleaded the public to stop bear farming and love and care about the moon bears.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


how come these groups are entirely white people


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 59193Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
buzzku wrote:


how come these groups are entirely white people


YOU'RE DEFINITELY A MORON !!! :roll:

Do you know the meaning of the word "ENTIRELY"??

There are over 30 people here in the photo with 2/3 of them Chinese.

Image

And I won't be surprised that alot of the foreigners shown in the photo are Hong Kong ID card holders, as Animals Asia Foundation is based out of Hong Kong, and its founder, Jill Robinson had been working/living in Hong Kong since mid 1980s.

Image


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 19 of 71
701 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 71  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum