<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  The Starbury Phenomenum in CBA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 49725Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
temuchin wrote:

Pryuen don't let me dissuade you from your thread. I think the point I raised is a valid one for a Marbury thread. seems like most posters seem to want to believe him and give him a chance.

Well, SURELY I WON'T.

I've been closely following Stephon Marbury of his tenure in CBA for the past 3 years.

I knew he ain't a saint, and had a notorious past in NBA.

But as I've said, he had demonstrated that maybe after all, as he had been given a second chance here in China on his career, he is determined to turn over a new leaf, made every effort to gel into his team and adapt to the life here in China, had earned the respect and love of his coaches, team mates, fans and media, and in the process, had found new life, inner peace and serenity and started to enjoy life and basketball again.

At least in all he had done and said so far in CBA showed that he is consistent and sincere that he really wants to extend his career, gives his all to Chinese basketball, wants to play until his retirement in CBA, as well as wants to pursue a coaching career after that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 49725Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
And the Chinese fans REALLY love Marbury.

Here is a photo of fans hoisting up banner showing Marbury's favorite slogan: LOVE IS LOVE !!!

And those were not home crowd in Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks' home court.

Those were PLA' Fubong Bayi Rockets home fans in Ningbo where Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks played away against PLA's Fubong Bayi Rockets.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm

MORE IMPORTANTLY unlike some other expat players in the league, Stephon Marbury showed that he CARES and tried in EVERY WAY to adapt and gel into the community and life in China.

Here is another example, a very moving story of Ma Zheng Wei 马政委 aka Political Commissar Ma, the nickname the Chinese fans gave Stephon Marbury.

There was this 11 year old girl Yuanyuan from Xian. She got infected by EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus) back in 2008, which had deteriorated into a persistent chronic hemophagocytic syndrome; she was sent to Beijing and recently received marrow transplant in June, but starting end July, severe rejection took over her body, and the poor little girl could not eat for the past 3 months.

The girl is a little fan of Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks, and she expressed her wish to her father that she wanted to meet Stephon Marbury in person.

Her father sent a request to Stephon Marbury's weibo/microblog on December 7.

[quote="Yuanyuan's Father's weibo to Stephon Marbury"]

[size=109]Dear Stephon:My daughter Yuanyuan can not eat anything for the past 3 months due to rejection after bone marrow transplant. She

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:30 am
Stephon Marbury kept his promise and went to the hospital to see Yuanyuan this morning.

Yuanyuan specifically prepared some sushi for Stephon Marbury, and they had a great time together, during which Stephon Marbury was seen wiping tears several times from his eyes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 pm

2 recent entries on his weibo after Stephon Marbury took time to visit Yuanyuan in the hospital.

[size=109]Stephon Marbury on his weibo about his feeling for Yuanyuan[/size] wrote:

She has become my strength and my light. I could feel her desire to be strong and brave. I love her heart and her mind. She is my friend.

[size=109]Stephon Marbury on his weibo thanking the doctors and nurses[/size] wrote:

These are the real hero's of the world. We need to pay homage towards the doctors who save lives by the seconds. There's a lot of love being spread through there every day actions in helping others. Love is Love!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:22 am

We all know that Stephon Marbury was a diehard fan for Beijing GuoAn FC, Beijing's soccer team.

Under his influence, his whole team showed up tonight in Beijing Workers' Stadium to cheer and rave support for Beijing GuoAn FC in a crucial game versus Japan's FC Tokyo in a dead-or-alive game in the Asian Champions League.

But Beijing GuoAn FC disappointed them and the full-capacity 50,000 home crowd, as they could only draw 1~1 with the Japanese team after leading 1~0 through a penalty through most of the first half, until a strike by the Japanese from a corner in the 44th minute of first half. Both team fought to a deadlock in the second half.

2 points after 3 game (2 draws at home, and 1 loss away) sure does not look good for Beijing GuoAn's prospect to come out of their group preliminary.

Photos of the Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks cheering and raving support at the Beijing Workers Stadium.

Stephon Marbury

Zhu Yanxi

Zhu Yanxi & Zhai Xiaochuan

Zhai Xiaochuan

Chen Lei

Wang Xiaohui & Chang Lin

Chang Lin

Fang Shuo

Lee Hsueh-Lin

Sun Mingming and Randolph Morris

Ji Zhe

Head Coach Min Lulei

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:31 am
User avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
LMAO!

America's trash is China's treasure

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 am
User avatarPosts: 12586Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
buzzku wrote:
LMAO!

America's trash is China's treasure

Well yeah, make sense considering America buy all the trash China produces. LOLLMAODouble!

We Americans are good at borrowing money to kill fvcking brown people and make sure blacks stay in prison that we pay 40k a year to keep them there. LOLOLOLOL.

Online Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:05 am
User avatarPosts: 1951Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
just wondering if Malbury got a black or Chinese girlfriend. You know them brothas got Asian fetish.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 am
Posts: 7993Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
natedogg22 wrote:
just wondering if Malbury got a black or Chinese girlfriend. You know them brothas got Asian fetish.

thought he has a wife and kids already :lol:

Offline Profile