<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  How much money will Yao make next year

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 am
User avatarPosts: 4490Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
If he doesn't play basketball next year how much money will he make? Will he still be on this list?

http://www.forbes.com/2011/05/31/highest-paid-athletes_slide_19.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:54 pm
Yao's total earnings in the nba

4 years 17.8 million (rookie contract)

5 years 75 million (2nd contract)

92.8 million in 9 years

about 10 million a year. his agent screwed up big time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:34 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ko_xinga wrote:

92.8 million in 9 years

His agents did not screw up BIG TIME.

For 7 consecutive years up to 2010, Yao Ming topped the annual Forbes Top 100 Celebrities of China in earnings.

And for all those years, his NBA salary only took up about
one-third of his TOTAL earnings.

Like when he topped the 2009 Forbes Top 100 Celebrities of China

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13923

His total earnings was US$ 52 Million, while his NBA salary was somewhere between US$ 15 ~ US$ 17M.

So Yao Ming's TOTAL earnings in his 9-year NBA career must have exceeded US$ 270 Million.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:30 am
pryuen wrote:
ko_xinga wrote:

92.8 million in 9 years

For 7 consecutive years up to 2010, Yao Ming topped the annual Forbes Top 100 Celebrities of China in earnings.

His total earnings was US$ 52 Million, while his NBA salary was somewhere between US$ 15 ~ US$ 17M.

So Yao Ming's TOTAL earnings in his 9-year NBA career must have exceeded US$ 270 Million.

He shouldn't have signed a 4 year contract his rookie year. Lebron, Bosh, Wade who all came out a year later signed 3 year rookie contracts and were already on their 3rd contracts while Yao was still on his 2nd contract.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:18 am
Posts: 4546Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
ko_xinga wrote:
pryuen wrote:
ko_xinga wrote:

92.8 million in 9 years

He shouldn't have signed a 4 year contract his rookie year. Lebron, Bosh, Wade who all came out a year later signed 3 year rookie contracts and were already on their 3rd contracts while Yao was still on his 2nd contract.

At the time, how Yao was going to do in the NBA was still a huge question mark...getting the longer 4 year contract was probably what everyone in Yao's camp was shooting for.

Yi took a 4 year contract, too...had he taken a 3 year contract, he probably wouldn't have made as much in his 4th year as he did...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:49 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ko_xinga wrote:

If you criticized Team Yao and Yao Ming screwing it up BIG TIME by signing a 4-year rookie contract, you should insteads blamed the Houston rockets management for trading Steve Francis + Cuttino Mobley + Kelvin Cato for Tracy McLady, and then gave Tracy McLady a MAX contract, and thereby made roster/personnel changes IMPOSSIBLE AND INFLEXIBLE for Yao Ming's tenure in the Rockets. The salary room/cap was TOO SMALL to find the appropriate players to complete the jigsaw as a championship contender for Houston Rockets, and therefore wasted Yao Ming's golden years in his career.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 am
Contractual talk is a lot of risk and gamble. You guys can say all you want about what should have happened, but it's so much easier to say it in hindsight isnt it. Many stars go straight into negotiating contracts, other players just want an extra year's security (and it's not bad security for a 1st overall pick) to establish themselves.

And to me I wouldnt blame it on the T-mac - SF3/Mobley trade. It was definitely a good trade at that time that I'******* again given what we knew then. T-mac was an elite scorer and star that with Yao could have gone all the way, and at first we all felt like it would. Despite his fallout, I still respect his game and his place in Yao's career. No need for pet names.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:38 am
Momak wrote:

And to me I wouldnt blame it on the T-mac - SF3/Mobley trade. It was definitely a good trade at that time that I'******* again given what we knew then. T-mac was an elite scorer and star that with Yao could have gone all the way, and at first we all felt like it would. Despite his fallout, I still respect his game and his place in Yao's career. No need for pet names.

I was talking about the offering of Tracy McGrady a MAXIMUM contract.

In the situation of ALREADY establishing Yao Ming as a franchise player with a MAXIMUM contract, UNLESS Leslie Alexander was generous and big-spending enough to afford paying luxury tax, offering ANOTHER MAXIMUM contract to Tracy McGrady just ate up the salary cap, and left NO FLEXIBILITY at all to acquire the necessary mssing pieces of players (e.g. power forwards or point guards or backup centre) to strengthen the Houston Rockets to become a championship contender.

But we all know that Leslie Alexander is a JEWISHLY MISER !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:31 am
Posts: 4546Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Momak wrote:
Contractual talk is a lot of risk and gamble. You guys can say all you want about what should have happened, but it's so much easier to say it in hindsight isnt it. Many stars go straight into negotiating contracts, other players just want an extra year's security (and it's not bad security for a 1st overall pick) to establish themselves.

Can't say I agree about the T-Mac trade...was not a fan of his before the trade, as there was much speculation around the league about his work-ethic and toughness. That said, I agree that getting ride of SF/Mobley was the right move...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:31 am
User avatarPosts: 12417Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
But we all know that Leslie Alexander is a JEWISHLY MISER !!! [/size]
we all know that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Alexander was one of few NBA owners that was willing to pay for 2 extremely large contracts on one team.

do you even know what other NBA teams were willing to pay for 2 large contracts :?: :roll:

you're contradicting yourself.

first you accused Alexander of spending unwisely; then you accuse him of being a miser.

so which one is it, as he can't be both :?: :roll: :roll:

Offline Profile