<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  What would you like to see Yao do after his retirement?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
I know I know he should do whatever he wants to do, but as a fan, what would you like to see Yao do after his retirement? Coaching? Commentating? Politician? Entrepreneur? Another sport like MJ did with baseball?

I personally like to see him and Shaq doing an MMA fight. :oops: :oops:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:51 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
seiya wrote:
I know I know he should do whatever he wants to do, but as a fan, what would you like to see Yao do after his retirement? Coaching? Commentating? Politician? Entrepreneur? Another sport like MJ did with baseball?

He probably won't be a coach or a politician.

He had reiterated so many times before that he does not see himself becoming a coach or an official in CBA or the National Sports Bureau, but he said his future should still be basketball-related.

So he will probably continue to be the boss, running/managing his Shanghai MAXXIS Sharks in CBA and continue with his philanthropist/charity activities through Yao Ming Foundation.

He had said it before that he would like to be a bridge/catalyst for sports and culture between USA and China.

So probably he will be splitting time between Houston (or another US city) and Shanghai to pursue his goal.

He also said he regretted not being able to complete his studies while young, as well as not being able to visit and sightseeing alot of places.

So maybe he will also go back to school/university for his study, or go visiting/sighseeing interesting places of his choice.

Personally I hope he will succeed in whatever endeavors/undertakings of his choice, but he has to work much harder for his 2nd, 3rd and Nth child, such that 20 to 25 years down the road, we may have future Yaos for Chinese basketball !!! :P :lol: :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:40 pm
What I want to see him do is take good care of his body and his health and not get fat like Jordan or Barkley. Or walk around with wrecked legs like those old NFL players.

As for the other stuff, we know that Yao is going to do what he wants to do, outside pressure has not changed how Yao lives his life.

As a blessing, long life, lots of kids, financial well-being, and as a legacy success in whatever area he goes into.

Dont put huge unreasonable expectations on Yao. He's basically an athlete who didn't even finish regular high school, he wont change the world. He's not a radical. But he has a lot to give in terms of Chinese basketball and being a public figure both in Houston/US and China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 4747Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
i'd like him to work out, heal up, and come back (ala Michael Jordan)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
i'd like him to work out, heal up, and come back (ala Michael Jordan)

It looks like he won't.

According to Yang Yi and Wang Meng of Titan Sports who had closely followed Big Yao for the past 12 years, when Yao Ming had that stress fracture in 2009, and had to go through a very complicated foot restructuring/realignment surgery, he was psychologically prepared that his playing career is going to end; but still he made up his mind that he would give it another try for a comeback.

But his comeback in 2010 after almost 1 year of hard work had proven unsuccessful; he had another stress fracture only after 5 games.

So he thought it's time to call it a day.

According to Yang Yi and Wang Meng, Yao Ming was psychologically prepared and ready for this day.
Throughout the past 2 years, while simultaneously working hard on his rehab, he spent alot of time in his leisure, reading and sef-studying books on management, investment, stock market, and accounting. He had learnt how to read financial statement and do financial analysis. He got himself equipped and ready that once his body, particularly his left foot, could not respond/react satisfactory during his rehab, he can then quit his player career, and move on with his life and other enterpreneurships he would choose in future.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 4489Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
temuchin wrote:
What I want to see him do is take good care of his body and his health and not get fat like Jordan or Barkley. Or walk around with wrecked legs like those old NFL players.

As for the other stuff, we know that Yao is going to do what he wants to do, outside pressure has not changed how Yao lives his life.

As a blessing, long life, lots of kids, financial well-being, and as a legacy success in whatever area he goes into.

Dont put huge unreasonable expectations on Yao. He's basically an athlete who didn't even finish regular high school, he wont change the world. He's not a radical. But he has a lot to give in terms of Chinese basketball and being a public figure both in Houston/US and China.

If Yao does get as fat as barkley , he could weigh 420lbs. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 am
User avatarPosts: 1121Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
seiya wrote:

He had reiterated so many times before that he does not see himself becoming a coach or an official in CBA or the National Sports Bureau, but he said his future should still be basketball-related.

So he will probably continue to be the boss, running/managing his Shanghai MAXXIS Sharks in CBA and continue with his philanthropist/charity activities through Yao Ming Foundation.

He had said it before that he would like to be a bridge/catalyst for sports and culture between USA and China.

So probably he will be splitting time between Houston (or another US city) and Shanghai to pursue his goal.

He also said he regretted not being able to complete his studies while young, as well as not being able to visit and sightseeing alot of places.

So maybe he will also go back to school/university for his study, or go visiting/sighseeing interesting places of his choice.

Personally I hope he will succeed in whatever endeavors/undertakings of his choice, but he has to work much harder for his 2nd, 3rd and Nth child, such that 20 to 25 years down the road, we may have future Yaos for Chinese basketball !!! :P :lol: :D

Yaos kids will be born in the US so they wont ever play for China. Sorry pry, try again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 am
buzzku wrote:
pryuen wrote:
seiya wrote:

Yaos kids will be born in the US so they wont ever play for China. Sorry pry, try again.

No matter where they play, more good Chinese basketball players will be nice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:42 pm
buzzku wrote:

Yaos kids will be born in the US so they wont ever play for China.

Sorry pry, try again.

Well NOT NECESSARILY SO. :roll:

After his retirement, he and his family will probably be spending MOST OF THEIR TIME in Shanghai.

Per latest reports/news, Yao Ming had recently bought and moved to a new flat in Shanghai, and he had also bought a new Audi Q7 for Ye Li to use in Shanghai.

While he was still playing for Houston Rockets, when he travelled back to Shanghai, during summers, he did not have his own car, but just used rental cars.

ALL INDICATIONS POINTED TO BIG YAO IS GOING TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME IN CHINA THAN IN USA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am
User avatarPosts: 1121Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
buzzku wrote:

Yaos kids will be born in the US so they wont ever play for China.

Sorry pry, try again.

Well NOT NECESSARILY SO. :roll:

After his retirement, he and his family will probably be spending MOST OF THEIR TIME in Shanghai.

Per latest reports/news, Yao Ming had recently bought and moved to a new flat in Shanghai, and he had also bought a new Audi Q7 for Ye Li to use in Shanghai.

While he was still playing for Houston Rockets, when he travelled back to Shanghai, during summers, he did not have his own car, but just used rental cars.

ALL INDICATIONS POINTED TO BIG YAO IS GOING TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME IN CHINA THAN IN USA.

in denial again, why am in not surprised

whats yao mings daughters nationality again

Offline Profile