<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Erik Zhang Mingji: Less than 50% Yao Ming Will Leave Houston

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:11 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
An exclusive interview of Erik Zhang Mingji of Team Yao in Shanghai by Netease Sports about latest situation of Yao Ming after the surgery, as well as the contract situation with Houston Rocokets.

ENJOY !!!

[quote][size=109]

http://sports.163.com/11/0108/22/6PTK71FS00051CA1.html

Reporter Chen Xiaomin of Netease Sports reports from Shanghai on January 8

Yao Ming had just completed another surgery to repair his left ankle 1 day earlier back in the United States. Whether Yao Ming will still return to basketball court in the future had become the hottest topic of discussion within basketball circle these days. His family would like him to retire, but obviously Yao Ming had different thoughts. So right after another surgery, what will be his options and choices for the future? So in this afternoon of January 8, Erik Zhang Mingji, leader of Team Yao received the following interview from the reporter, in which he explained detailedly about the situation of Yao Ming

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
I hate to say it, but his career is over. His body is not ment to last in the nba. Its not good to have back to back surgery every year.
Of course he's one of the best 7'6" center player, but I doubt he'll be remember in the future.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nolimitation wrote:
I hate to say it, but his career is over. His body is not ment to last in the nba. Its not good to have back to back surgery every year.

Of course he's one of the best 7'6" center player, but I doubt he'll be remember in the future.

How many NBA players were/are 7ft 5 and above??? :roll:

Of course Big Yao is THE BEST amongst all the past 7ft 5 and above.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:54 pm
pryuen wrote:
nolimitation wrote:

Dont need to be so defensive on the fine wordings of what he wrote. You get the gist of what he's saying. I do think though that Yao will be remembered in the future, likely since he's the first truly successful NBA star from Asia.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Good thing, yao still got some value unlike greg oden. Gotta wait and see next season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 am
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
So now everyone on the Rockets BBS is calling for Yao to be traded for nothing to get his 17.7 million trade exception and insurance money. Nobody is giving him a chance of coming back.

I don't think that Yao's latest stress fracture is as bad as his fracture last year. This fracture with a steel pin makes this bone really strong at the location of the fracture. I think he'll be able to play but then I"m a glass half full type of guy.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 pm
pryuen wrote:
nolimitation wrote:

You know you need to read and understand the post before you even respond.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm
Momak wrote:
pryuen wrote:
nolimitation wrote:

Dont need to be so defensive on the fine wordings of what he wrote. You get the gist of what he's saying. I do think though that Yao will be remembered in the future, likely since he's the first truly successful NBA star from Asia.

Yes he'll be remembered in Asia, but here in the states nobody will remember any nba player unless you win a championship. To the audience here its either championship or nothing. Look at Houston's so call supported fan right now, they want to trade Yao for nothing some suggested Greg freaking Oden.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:41 pm
YaoMingLoyalist wrote:
Good thing, yao still got some value unlike greg oden. Gotta wait and see next season.

Funny thing is Greg Oden still has more support from fans than Yao does at this point. I'm talking about U.S fans, not fans from Asia. Greg Oden hasn't proven a thing in the NBA, yet fans keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. They keep giving him the support and its rumor that his next contract will be bigger than his rookie contract.

Offline Profile