<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 20/Dec 4 Houston Rockets @ Chicago Bulls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Brad Miller's 3-pointer got blocked by Taj Gibson at the buzzer. :cry:

Rockets lost a heart-breaker 116 ~ 119 in over time, one they should have a chance to win in regulation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

)(*&^%$#@(*&^%$#@*&^%$#

It's REALLY DISAPPOINTING & HEART-BREAKING.

Every time, Houston Rockets was with a winning streak of 2, Derrick Rose had to spoil it. :twisted:

Personally I'm puzzled with some of Rick Adelman's tactical set-up/arrangement towards the end of regulation and over time..

Leading 5 points by 35 seconds mark, Rick Adelman should have sent up Kevin Martin for his offensive prowess and foul drawing/free trhow ability; also he should have sent either Chuck Hayes or Jordan Hill for better defense/ paint protection/rebounds.

Those offensive rebounds/tip-ins of Carlos Boozer could have been avoided.

During the regulation when Brad Miller missed 1 of his 2 free throws at the 10 seconds mark, the Rockets was still leading 109 ~ 106.

They could have fouled the Bulls at say 4 or 5 seconds left, and sent a Bull player onto the free throw line. Even if they made 2 free throws, it was still 109 ~ 108, and the guards could have just used up those 4 to 5 seconds left easily to hang on to a 1-point win.

That buzzer-beater 3-pointer of Derrick Rose could have been avoided.

And I also wondered WHY in the over time, out of all the 3-pointer shooters, Rick Adelman assigned the clutch shot to Brad Miller, and not someone else: Shane Battier, Courtney Lee etc.

And another strange phenomenum was that Kevin Martin had only 27 minutes of play and was not fully ulitilized in the last stretch of 4Q and over time. Must be due to his poor defense or that he had injury???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Well, if Miller made his free throw, then the game could have been over too regardless the three pointer. I mean you could pick out so many moments what if this and what if that. The bottom line is the Rockets couldn't finish the game and that's their fatal weakness, which has been around for a long time. It's not like this is a news.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Game action photos of the fighting Rockets.

Kyle Lowry

Luis Scola

Chase Budinger

Jordan Hill

Shane Battier

Brad Miller

Kevin Martin

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm
bayern wrote:
Well, if Miller made his free throw, then the game could have been over too regardless the three pointer. I mean you could pick out so many moments what if this and what if that. The bottom line is the Rockets couldn't finish the game and that's their fatal weakness, which has been around for a long time. It's not like this is a news.

I agreed that they still SUX and were inadequate in the finer details in handling the clutch stretch of the game.

But to be behind by 12 points by half time, and to be able to erase that deficit and be leading 107 ~ 102 by 5 points with 35 seconds left is an improvement.

Of course to lose it in over time due to some mis-execution and poor coaching JUST SUX.
:twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:47 pm
Maybe it's an improvement with the way they came back. But it's also a big let down to give up 5 point lead with 35s to go as well. It depends on how you look at it. I chose the latter, because it's relatively easier to erase the early deficit since they have plenty time left in the game. You can make runs here and there as long as time allows you to. Now with only 35s left in the game to give up 5 point lead and eventually lost the game to boot. That's a fatal disease. It's a mental breakdown. I mean why bother to even come back if you are going to lose the way they did. It's like throwing all their effort down the drain.... and what do they have to show for at the end of the night? Another L.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:28 pm
bayern wrote:
Maybe it's an improvement with the way they came back. But it's also a big let down to give up 5 point lead with 35s to go as well. It depends on how you look at it. I chose the latter, because it's relatively easier to erase the early deficit since they have plenty time left in the game. You can make runs here and there as long as time allows you to. Now with only 35s left in the game to give up 5 point lead and eventually lost the game to boot. That's a fatal disease. It's a mental breakdown. I mean why bother to even come back if you are going to lose the way they did. It's like throwing all their effort down the drain.... and what do they have to show for at the end of the night? Another L.

AGREED.

THAT'S WHY
I challenged the tactical set-up/substitution arrangement of Rick Adelman.

Both Courtney Lee and Kevin Martin had
3-pointer% of above 40%.

WHY
he did not play Kevin Martin in over time, and had to choose Brad Miller for the last clutch shots (TWICE IN A ROLL) in those dying seconds of over time when all the Rockets needed is a trey to force a second over time is STILL A MYSTERY to me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:57 pm
Like I have said you can pick a lot of moments during the game in order to change the outcome of the game. This game shouldn't have gone into OT. If the Rockets did everything they were supposed to do, they should have won it in regulation. I mean if Miller had made his free throw, if they chose to foul to put the Bulls on the free throw line to make a free throw contest instead of gambling on whether their 3 pointer would go in or not, etc. Bad coaching and often lead to lack of confidence from the players. Mentally they aren't strong enough to even compete in the regular season, let alone in the playoffs. With RA in charge, the Rockets are going no where. Time for a change.

Offline Profile