Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2009

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 12437Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
YM wrote:
With LeBron joining DWade and Bosh. It would be hard for the Rox or any team winning the Championships in the next 5 years.
WHEN has basketball become a game of 3 versus 5??? :roll:
stop embarrassing urself, Raymond,
    ever heard of
    • the 3 Amigos with the 2007/2008 Celtics :?:
    • the terrific trio of West, Chamberlain and Goodrich of the 1972/73 Lakers :?:
i m sure that i miss some other championship teams made up of 3 HoF and no-names


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
YM wrote:
With LeBron joining DWade and Bosh. It would be hard for the Rox or any team winning the Championships in the next 5 years.
WHEN has basketball become a game of 3 versus 5??? :roll:
stop embarrassing urself, Raymond,
    ever heard of
    • the 3 Amigos with the 2007/2008 Celtics :?:
    • the terrific trio of West, Chamberlain and Goodrich of the 1972/73 Lakers :?:
i m sure that i miss some other championship teams made up of 3 HoF and no-names


You should be the ONE to be EMBARRASSED. :roll:

As a so-called ardent LA Lakers fan, you EVEN forgot what happened in the 2003 ~ 04 season, when LA Lakers could not win the championship EVEN WITH FOUR BIG STARS: Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Gary Payton


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 12437Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
YM wrote:
With LeBron joining DWade and Bosh. It would be hard for the Rox or any team winning the Championships in the next 5 years.
WHEN has basketball become a game of 3 versus 5??? :roll:
stop embarrassing urself, Raymond,
    ever heard of
    • the 3 Amigos with the 2007/2008 Celtics :?:
    • the terrific trio of West, Chamberlain and Goodrich of the 1972/73 Lakers :?:
i m sure that i miss some other championship teams made up of 3 HoF and no-names

You should be the ONE to be EMBARRASSED. :roll:

As a so-called ardent LA Lakers fan, you EVEN forgot what happened in the 2003 ~ 04 season, when LA Lakers could not win the championship EVEN WITH FOUR BIG STARS: Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Gary Payton
Ignorance is blissful, Raymond, ur giving away your ignorance.

the 39 yr-old Malone and 36 yr Payton old were way past their primes, no longer all-star caliber, when they joined the Lakers.

Like Sun Yue,
    they had already plateaued when they joined the Lakers


Last edited by Dr. No on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 12437Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
why are you so evasive, Raymond, avoid answering my question
    ever heard of
    • the 3 Amigos with the 2007/2008 Celtics :?:
    • the terrific trio of West, Chamberlain and Goodrich of the 1972/73 Lakers :?:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:14 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
WHY ARE YOU SUCH A JERK ??? :roll:

IF basketball is JUST about 3 Big Shots versus 5,
then we may just ask all the rest of the 29 NBA teams to quit fighting, tank the 2010 ~ 2011 season and hand the Miami Heats the trophy.

YOU SOUNDED AS IF IT IS ALREADY A FOREGONE CONCLUSION that Miami Heats will DEFINITELY win the NBA championship in the forthcoming season.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 1489Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:21 am
pryuen wrote:
IF basketball is JUST about 3 Big Shots versus 5,[/b][/color] then we may just ask all the rest of the 29 NBA teams to quit fighting, tank the 2010 ~ 2011 season and hand the Miami Heats the trophy.


That's the part that actually kinda worries me. Not that other teams will be tanking the season, but the shift of power's so concentrated on some teams that some fans of other weaker teams that can still contend may just forego this season, and it's not good for the league as a whole. No doubt though it'd be insane to watch this team play and I imagine their ratings would be through the roof.

But I'm sure other supporting players definitely wouldn't turn down an opportunity to fill out the other roster positions given the promise of the team.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:26 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Dr. No wrote:
why are you so evasive, Raymond, avoid answering my question
    ever heard of
    • the 3 Amigos with the 2007/2008 Celtics :?:
    • the terrific trio of West, Chamberlain and Goodrich of the 1972/73 Lakers :?:


you moron. the Celtics lol.

ever hear of 3 time NBA champion Sam Cassell? and Rajon Rondo (who actually now the best player on that team) and 3 time defensive all-NBA PJ Brown

that you talk about the Celtics like that proves you ABJECT IGNORANCE and complete misunderstanding of even basics

that Celtics team had an extremely strong bench with EXTREMELY strong role players that they picked up during the course of the season. you dont even know who PJ is despite the fact that his showing in the Finals helped Boston win.

why do you have everything ass-backwards dude? Celtics are an example of team ball and shrewdly adding key role players to win. the difference that the Celtics had versus several teams that year including the Lakers and Cavs was their superior roster down to the 7th, 8th and 9th player off the bench


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:28 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Momak wrote:
pryuen wrote:
IF basketball is JUST about 3 Big Shots versus 5,[/b][/color] then we may just ask all the rest of the 29 NBA teams to quit fighting, tank the 2010 ~ 2011 season and hand the Miami Heats the trophy.


That's the part that actually kinda worries me. Not that other teams will be tanking the season, but the shift of power's so concentrated on some teams that some fans of other weaker teams that can still contend may just forego this season, and it's not good for the league as a whole. No doubt though it'd be insane to watch this team play and I imagine their ratings would be through the roof.

But I'm sure other supporting players definitely wouldn't turn down an opportunity to fill out the other roster positions given the promise of the team.


it's not even that.

Riley has this thing planned out. They knew the 3 of them were coming to Miami months ago and they also know who they're going to target.

Mike Miller & his Lebron connection is only the beginning. Obviously some of these guys will go for the money but Riley has a list of a dozen dudes they've been working on for plan A,B &C and they WILL have the pieces next season.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:43 am
Posts: 1489Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:21 am
temuchin wrote:

it's not even that.

Riley has this thing planned out. They knew the 3 of them were coming to Miami months ago and they also know who they're going to target.

Mike Miller & his Lebron connection is only the beginning. Obviously some of these guys will go for the money but Riley has a list of a dozen dudes they've been working on for plan A,B &C and they WILL have the pieces next season.


Exactly.
On top of the point that the Heat management seem to have a very well thought out plan in mind, (such as the likely re-signing of Udonis Haslem), there's sure to be plenty of interest from other players for a solid supporting cast, so I can't say thinking of it as a 3 vs. 5 game would give other teams much comfort in that sense.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... s_cou.html

Riley been planing this for years.

right now they look to have Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, possibly Big Z on the team.

they'll have a legit team... EACH one of those players has longterm ties to Lebron or Wade.

this ****** is straight out of Godfather, anyone doubting that they'll have a stacked team is clueless

if Stern could run a legit league instead of lining his pockets stacking the league office with his cronies and kinsmen and trying to make himself a salaried quarter-billionaire by milking the ****** league we wouldn't have to deal with this bullshit


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 60 of 65
650 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 65  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum