Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2009

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
My point is MOST relevant

  • Yao Ming's training method is a good eg of what to do
  • ZZW and Plateaued Sun's methods are good egs of what NOT to do


ROFLMAO !!!! :P :lol: :D

MOST RELEVANT???......MY @$$ !!!
:roll:

As Temuchin CORRECTLY pointed out, whether the young players in the national team have the talents/capabilities to go the distance to become NBA players in the future is NOT BOB DONEWALD JR'S MAIN CONCERNS.

His job is to train and pick the RIGHT MIX of 12 most tough and physically/mentally strong team-oriented players for the national team
who will give their all for their country for the forthcoming international tournaments, with the ULTIMATE GOAL of winning the 2011 Asian Chmapionship so as to qualify for 2012 London Olympics.

Therefore the MAIN THING NOW is to drive home this concept that they need to treat strength and conditioning/hitting the gym seriously as their habit/daily routine to transform themselves into players with BETTER physical strengths and stamina.

You seemed to forget that
BOTH Wang Zhizhi and Sun Yue are still included in the squad. It is JUST NOT RIGHT to OPENLY pick them out as BAD EXAMPLES in front of the national team, as the 2 of them will LOSE FACE AND RESPECT amongst their peers.

Bob Donewald Jr. might just as well kick the 2 players off the squad if he chooses to do SUCH
DUMB THING. :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:15 am
User avatarPosts: 12452Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
It is JUST NOT RIGHT to OPENLY pick them out as BAD EXAMPLES in front of the national team, [color=red][b]as the 2 of them will LOSE FACE AND RESPECT amongst their peers.
so typical of you Raymond, in a round-about way, you conceded.

my points are relevant, it's just that you want these two to lose face. well, tough sh it, you can't sugar-coat it.

they're great egs of what NOT to do.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:42 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:

so typical of you Raymond, in a round-about way, you conceded.

my points are relevant, it's just that you want these two to lose face. well, tough sh it, you can't sugar-coat it.

they're great egs of what NOT to do.


NO GOOD, CONSIDERATE AND PLAYER-ORIENTED coach will do such DUMB thing as you suggested to humiliate and demotivate your players like this in front of all their peers. :roll: PERIOD.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:07 am
Posts: 1489Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:21 am
I almost get the sense that you guys are arguing different points here.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
GREAT NEWS !!! :P

Yao Ming cleared a key hurdle by passing his physical/medical check-up and green light given to step up the intensity of his rehab.


[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 25626.html

Yao cleared for more workouts after physical

[size=109][b]By JONATHAN FEIGEN

May 27, 2010, 5:37PM

Rockets center Yao Ming might not be back on the track quite yet, but he cleared a key hurdle on Thursday to get there.

An extensive physical on Yao


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:55 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
And Shawn Respert, Director of Player Programs of Houston Rockets, who works with all the players on their skill development (primarily in the offense), also talked about the progress of Big Yao in an interview on Houston 610 Sports Radio.

http://cbskiltam.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 7.mp3?dl=1

He said Yao Ming's rehabilitation had been going smooth, and he will soon recover. The Houston coaching staff had to hold Big Yao off for too intensive rehab, and increased the intensity of his rehab bit by bit; they don't want to rush it, and 100% of his recovery is their primary goal.

According to him, Yao Ming can now practice his shooting, and his low post footwork during training, but still no physical contact and 1-on-1 basketball, no cutting and no hard jumping yet. Yao Ming had successfully shredded 15 to 20 pounds from his body recently.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 12452Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming had successfully shredded 15 to 20 pounds from his body recently.
i take this w a grain of salt; afterall, ur the same person who had relayed this news to this forum
    Sun Yue has already gained 12 kilo of muscles, in his 2nd month of training w the Lakers


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming had successfully shredded 15 to 20 pounds from his body recently.
i take this w a grain of salt; afterall, ur the same person who had relayed this news to this forum
    Sun Yue has already gained 12 kilo of muscles, in his 2nd month of training w the Lakers


So Shawn Respert lied to the public??? :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
to be fair, prior to the nba draft, in predraft measurements, sun yue did 9 reps of 185 lbs. That is not superstar caliber, but it puts him in the average range(albeit below the average) for nba players his size, and he's not a front court player, and it's been 3 years, i'm guessing he can probably bench his own weight 9 times now, which i think is more than sufficient for basketball players.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-dra ... ?year=2007


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:19 pm
Posts: 585Location: USAJoined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:40 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
to be fair, prior to the nba draft, in predraft measurements, sun yue did 9 reps of 185 lbs. That is not superstar caliber, but it puts him in the average range(albeit below the average) for nba players his size, and he's not a front court player, and it's been 3 years, i'm guessing he can probably bench his own weight 9 times now, which i think is more than sufficient for basketball players.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-dra ... ?year=2007


Is 9 rep on 185 really in the average range for NBA players? I never thought I was that much stronger than the average professional ball player. Obviously bench pressing doesn't directly translate into basketball skills, but I would have guessed a lot more than 9 reps.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 57 of 65
650 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum