Author Message

<  Non-Yao stuff  ~  Google's Act Of War Against China

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:11 am
User avatarPosts: 12454Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
williamshi888 wrote:
China seriously need to loosen up its control on free speech a little.
Well, the Ministry of State Security of China might just be
    doing EXACTLY the SAME thing that CIA is doing in the States
      by wire-taping/hacking e-mails of the anti-government activists or terrorists
so to maintain the stability of the country.
PRY, according to the book "Googled" by Ken Auletta,

Google has been complying to the wishes of the US Government to turn over search records of some individuals.

So, while Google has been preaching freedom of information, it has been engaged in activities contradictory to its naive / pristine / altruistic mission statement.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:41 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Personally thought, Google is in the EXACT situation as EBay a couple years ago.

EBay took the same decision to withdraw from the Chinese market as they were in no way to compete with Jack Ma's Taobao.

Similarly Google China had been struggling in the China market with very low brand and user awareness amongst the Chinese younger generation, as
Baidu is the #1 search engine in China, having a whooping 61.6% of the market share as of June 2009, according to Analysys International.

Despite a number of brand localizing initiaitves and strategies, Google still found it hard to compete head-on with Baidu, particularly amongst the Chinese younger generation. Research study showed that many Chinese youth prefer to use Baidu over Google due to the following reasons:

  • They believe Baidu is a domestic product and thus should be better at indexing Chinese content.
  • Baidu' s strong multimedia entertainment search bolsters its popularity.
  • Baidu' s earlier entry into the Chinese search engine market and higher visibility via partnerships and software add-ons has made it a challenge for Google to gain users.
Therefore I believe the current move of Google is but a face-saving act to extract itself from its enormous failings in China.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 8236Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
pryuen wrote:
Personally thought, Google is in the EXACT situation as EBay a couple years ago.

EBay took the same decision to withdraw from the Chinese market as they were in no way to compete with Jack Ma's Taobao.

Similarly Google China had been struggling in the China market with very low brand and user awareness amongst the Chinese younger generation, as
Baidu is the #1 search engine in China, having a whooping 61.6% of the market share as of June 2009, according to Analysys International.

Despite a number of brand localizing initiaitves and strategies, Google still found it hard to compete head-on with Baidu, particularly amongst the Chinese younger generation. Research study showed that many Chinese youth prefer to use Baidu over Google due to the following reasons:

  • They believe Baidu is a domestic product and thus should be better at indexing Chinese content.
  • Baidu' s strong multimedia entertainment search bolsters its popularity.
  • Baidu' s earlier entry into the Chinese search engine market and higher visibility via partnerships and software add-ons has made it a challenge for Google to gain users.
Therefore I believe the current move of Google is but a face-saving act to extract itself from its enormous failings in China.

i thought baidu has at least 70% of the market.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 15699Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
I found it strange that Google was also hacking in their own investigation. So, they have their own department of hackers, not so clean cut.

China was probably doing some bad sh1t too. Not surprising from a world superpower.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:33 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
pryuen you dont understand how powerful Google is in the US. after 15 years and billions of dollars spent in trying to establish a dominant jewish-owned Internet company, google was the first home run and it wields enormous clout in the media and most of Obama's Internet policy advisors are recently from google. google can do no wrong and like Facebook it gets incredible cover from both the media and from American regulators. unlike microsoft which continuously got slammed in the media and in court, there isn't any peep from the media even when google puts tracking files on people's computers without their consent, steals copyright or otherwise abuses its power.

google wont pull out of china. it's just postering to cover their ***** and to apply leverage on the chinese considering 4 things:

1) google hasn't had its customary success in China and Korea, which both have very strong native internet culture. as of about 6 months ago I think the market share was like 30% in China and about 10% in Korea as opposed to nearly 70% in the US and other countries. it has good penetration in Japan (which sucks and has always had very high market penetration for US firms going back to Amazon and Yahoo 10 years ago) and India.

2) despite its technology trappings, google is an advertising sales company, not a technology company in that it generates revenue from those little adds on its searches and selling that information about you that they collect via cookies on your computer and the list of your searches. I'm not sure about the economics of google in China but the one article about youtube costing google too much is spot on. google is a typical jewish business in that it's about pennies (actually much much less) on the dollar and it's about economies of scale. the less of the search market it has the much less profitable it is. the more of the market it has, the more it can leverage its other products on the user's computer. there's no way google will pull out of china, but threats certainly may be able to leverage when it buys and resells those ads in China

3) China undoubtably was spying but no one spends more money than the US government for cyber espionage annually. google itself probably spends tens of millions a year for that kind of stuff

4) Google routinely censors its searches for basically every country it operates in. For example in Germany, whose postwar constitution makes fascism illegal, all neo nazi stuff is censored and much of the political discourse on Israel, WWII, holocaust as well. in the US, google censors child pornography etc according to standards. Google obviously censors MUCH more stuff in China but it's a thorny free speech issue, since they do have to abide to the local laws and cooperate with authorities. I mean in the US, google has turned over search records from IP addresses to police in murder cases (probably in Homeland Security cases as well identifying A-rabs and ****** that we wont read in the papers). Google is in no way obligated to due process protections for its customers in its dealings in the US why would it have different standards in China?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Dr. No wrote:
book "Googled" by Ken Auletta,
Google has been complying to the wishes of the US Government to turn over search records of some individuals.

So, while Google has been preaching freedom of information, it has been engaged in activities contradictory to its naive / pristine / altruistic mission statement.


you dont have to read a book to know this, just not have your head up your *****

simply, every search you do is recorded. all that pron and penis enlargement ****** drno looks up is permanently filed using his ip address

furthermore, google puts tracking software on your computer by default that gives your computer a unique number so that your very user identity can also be tracked.

the case everyone probably knows about is the guy who was convicted because asshole went and searched for old murder cases before he killed his wife. but there are hundreds of cases like that. your information is not private

anyone with half a brain deletes those ****** cookies, doesn't log onto your google account for searches and uses proxies. google tracks everything you do, and they're not a government agency and not bound to either alert you to what they're doing or provide you due process protection. they could sell all that information with no issue to your bank or your boss or hand it over to mossad.

also technologically google isn't an innovation. it basically is a version of the 90s alta-vista engine. the innovation is the application of unthought-of brute strength, in that google's engines crawl literally every page of every site and literally indexes the entire internet. people think of google as this innovative company and today it's true because they have billions to spend, but in the beginning what distinguised google was how Brin and Page were able to buy really cheap boxes off the internet and make their own servers, and manage those servers more effectively than their competitors. in short how much better they were able to grind it out then yahoo etc

and that's only the tip of the iceberg. there's been issues with google properly protecting your mail and information, about stealing people's work for its online catalogue, issues with privacy with google maps, also there's a lot of serious monopoly issues with the way that it places its products on your browser... stuff way beyond what was anti-trust in the EU for microsoft.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:45 am
User avatarPosts: 12454Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
once again, Turd Chin publicizes his infatuation w wordy posts that, in the end, say nothing.

one doesn't need to see his birth certificate to know that he was conceived in a cat house


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 am
User avatarPosts: 15699Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
There is a lot more going on in the background. Only solid info I can get out of this is Google tie in with NSA and CIA, much like the deal with At&t.

IF China sensors it's internet. People from China shouldn't be reading about this matter with Google. Then all this posturing is mainly done for Americans and Non-Chinese audience.

Temuchin brought up Facebook, it's secondary functionality is to spy on the users. The police and US Government has full access to the info. Recently they reported catching a criminal by tracing his log on to facebook.

The internet is a crazy place.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 am
User avatarPosts: 12454Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
temuchin wrote:
after 15 years and billions of dollars spent in trying to establish a dominant jewish-owned Internet company,
turd chin, ur using your lengthy post to hide the fact that u got the facts wrong.

15 years ago, the co-founders didn't know each other; they had not met.

The co-founders, Ph D candidates at Stanford at the time, started it (indexing the WWW) as a doctorial project around 1998, 12 yrs ago. Google didn't go public until 2002, 7 years. ago.

By Y2K, Google, tho just an infant company and not yet public, was already the dominant search engine on the web.
    So dominant and so big that the two co-founders (extreme techies)
    had to hire a professional CEO to help to run the company, taking it public.
      so big and so dominant that a Sr VP from a Fortune-100
      Tech company was willing to be CEO for a 3-4 yr old company

    It took Google less than 5 years to become the dominant search engine,
    not 15 as you claim :!:
temuchin wrote:
....google... a dominant jewish-owned Internet company, google was the first home run
while co-founders Brin and Page may have Jewish heritage, Google is not the first Jewish-owned internet company.

Verisign, headquartered in Israel, was the first Jewish-owned internet comany of any significance. It has been a fortune-200 company years B4 Brin and Page met in Stanford. so, ur wrong again
temuchin wrote:
also technologically google isn't an innovation. :roll: :oops:

it basically is a version of the 90s alta-vista engine. the innovation is :oops: :oops: :oops: the application of unthought-of brute strength, in that google's engines crawl literally every page of every site and literally indexes the entire internet.
way to contradict yourself.

AltaVista lacked the innoative drive to go outside the box and missed the boat. It took the innovative genius of Brin and Page to develop that technology.

your verbosity can't hide your ignorance insofar as the meaning of innovation. :!:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Lol I hopped over here from the other thread to see what you were babbling about.

You simply have no idea how google actually works do you? You cant even read my words and understand what I typed.

This is what David Vise, wrote in his national bestseller biography of google, The Google Story:

Quote:
At the same time, Page--who had been spending time on something called the Digital Libraries Project--began hunting around the Web using a new search engine called AltaVista. While it returned somewhat better and faster results than the other search engines, Page noticed something else entirely. In addition to a a list of Web ites, AltaVista's search results included seemingly obscure information about soething called "links."

AltaVista didn't appear to be doing anything with the links other than reporting on them in raw form. Page wanted to dig into links and see how they might be used further. But to test any of his theories, Page would need a big database. Not lacking ambition, he quickly did come calculations and then told his startled Stanford advisor that he was going to download the entire World Wide Web onto his desktop


You dont even know how google works. Let alone what its innovation was. Of course you have no idea that google was inspired by AltaVista.

The sad thing is any geek or anyone who knows anything about the internet knows about AltaVista implicitly, that's why there are so few responses in this thread to that idea THAT EVERYONE KNOWS. only morons like you post some ****** like:

Quote:
AltaVista lacked the innoative drive to go outside the box and missed the boat


when in fact AltaVista was the BEST search engine of its time far better than Yahoo (yahoo was already starting to outsource its searches dumbass) and in ways equal to google (although not in crawling)/

Google's seminal technology is pagerank, based on those very links. The inspiration and original technology was based on what Page and Brin saw with AltaVista. ONE primary difference was the brute force ability of google to literally crawl EVERY page on the internet, which AltaVista could not do. And the reason why google was able to do this is because instead of expensive IBM servers Page was a beast going down to Fry's and buying cheap interchangeable parts to support thousands of boxes much cheaper. Google's early advantage was as much in their technical ability to manage a massive server farm CHEAPLY to brute force survey of the internet as much as their technological innovation using those links that Page saw in AltaVista. Without it they would not have succeeded. read ANY biography of google, instead of living with your head up your *****, and that message is explicitly stated.

And what are you 5 years old? Can't you read?

Quote:
after 15 years and billions of dollars spent in trying to establish a dominant jewish-owned Internet company.


where does it say anything about when Brin or Page met each other or even when they started working with Eric E. Schmidt? Where does it say google was the first jewish internet company? where does it say that google took 15 years to become the dominant engine? you ****** moron. you posted some crap rebuttal to crap you misread in your own head.

you posted:

Quote:
1) 15 years ago, the co-founders didn't know each other; they had not met.
2) It took Google less than 5 years to become the dominant search engine,
not 15 as you claim
3) Verisign, headquartered in Israel, was the first Jewish-owned internet comany of any significance.


Isn't it embarrassing to not even be able to read a simple sentence in English? what the ****** does what you posted have to do with my post? you type random ****** no one is talking about, and then declare that you've done something?

all you've done is make yourself look like a ****** moron who cant even read 10 words.

google is in fact the first dominant Jewish owned Internet company. Earlier home runs: Yahoo, Amazon, ebay, Hotmail, Linkexchange, broadcast.com and any number of 1.0 generation "killer apps" were not. and moron... count backwards from 2004 when google went public 15 years. do you get...

Quote:
"The Web" was invented by British scientist Tim Berners-Lee in 1989


...the time period (late 80s early 90s) when governments started to commercialize DARPA's servers and the modern "world wide web" came into existence? Is that what it means to say they spent 15 years from the beginning of the commercial internet trying to establish a dominant Internet company and therefore embraced google when it went public in 2004???? hmm?????

2004 - 15 years = ?????????. WHATEVER IT IS... DRUNO CERTAINLY DOESN'T KNOW. is 2004-15= "google???" give me a hint. IS 2004 MINUS 15 A NUMBER, NAME OR PRONOUN?????


even if your reading comprehension is so poor that you make up your own storyline to what i've posted, if you had half a brain you could understand what
"they had spent 15 years trying to find a dominant application for the internet" means.

YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO LET THINGS GO. I purposefully didn't write anything to your post back in Jan because you obviously had misread and mistyped a bunch of ****** and because you obviously have no clue what google is or how it works.

BUT YOU'RE TOO ****** STUPID to apply any kindness to. You take me ignoring stupid ****** to let the thread die as some sort of weakness. And you're EVEN MORE STUPID to go onto another thread and gloat about your OWN STUPIDITY to try to make me come over here and slap you down.

JUST TO BE CLEAR HOW DENSE YOU ARE. I SAW AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO CORRECT STUPID ****** LIKE:
Quote:
Google didn't go public until 2002, 7 years. ago.

first of all you posted that quote on Jan 19, 2010. 2010 - 7 = NOT 2002. and you idiot, google IPO was August 19, 2004. the best I could figure is that you ripped off some site that wass WRITTEN IN 2009 (thus 2009-7=2002) BUT WERE TOO STUPID TO ADJUST THE MATH. the 2002 date was probably referring to when google started releasing its books etc in advance of IPO, but since you have $0 you dont even actually know what an IPO is.

For trash like you who have had no human kindness or interaction, what does it mean when I choose to let blatant and embarrassing crap like that slide? THAT IN FACT NOW 2010-7=2002?? THAT NOW YOU'RE RIGHT? then you go on to ignorantly"correct" me on the meaning of innovate (which you spell "innoative") because YOU in fact misread the content of my posts?

lmfao. sad


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 2 of 8
72 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron