<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation (2009)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
All contents regarding Yao's rehab will be posted here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:57 pm
So what should Yao do to take care of his body and prevent future injury? Should he lose weight, develop alternative training methods? Retire from the CNT? Yao's status as a franchise player is gone. If he is to prolong is career in the NBA, he must change his role to that of a supporting player. Do u think Yao or the Rockets are willing to accept the fact that he cannot be a #1 option anymore?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:10 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
nig1 wrote:
So what should Yao do to take care of his body and prevent future injury? Should he lose weight, develop alternative training methods? Retire from the CNT? Yao's status as a franchise player is gone. If he is to prolong is career in the NBA, he must change his role to that of a supporting player. Do u think Yao or the Rockets are willing to accept the fact that he cannot be a #1 option anymore?

yao was never rox 1st option. first 2 years franchise was. then came tmac. this year its 50/50 since brooks takes more shots than yao many times :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
I don't even know what he can do in order to prevent another injury. Could be one split second in a play that causes the fracture, who knows. Perhaps he can prevent that by not playing at all. Otherwise, there is always a chance for him to get hurt, especially with the history that he has now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:10 pm
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6416951.html

[i]Another season. Another season-ending injury.
And simply another bad break for the Rockets and center Yao Ming.
This is the fourth consecutive season Yao has suffered a major injury, three of which ended his season prematurely.
How many bad breaks will Yao have to endure before the Rockets have to consider whether they should go in a different direction?
The 7-6 center has had foot issues since childhood but has played in 244 of 246 games in his first three seasons after being drafted No. 1 overall by the Rockets in 2002.
He hasn

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:21 pm
I feel sorry for both parties, both the team and Yao. of course, the fans too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:40 am
His problem stems from his early days in China. I think when he was growing up, Chinese basketball staffs around him simply did not have world class training methods and information available.

It's a tragedy and I don't think he can ever avoid these injury problems no matter how hard he train now because his golden period of laying the foundation has long passed.

I wish the best to him and the Rockets. He's a dedicated player, I think his relative success in NBA has shown a lot of people that it's not genetic when it comes to sports. Asia in general don't emphasize sports at all in school, and most of the people grew up in poverty (Japan being the only exception) relative to the developed countries.

Genes don't matter, but milk & bread do, a good work out routine does, too.

As the whole region's living standard improves and culturally become closer to the developed countries, I'm sure we'll see more stars like Yao succeed.

Meanwhile, go Rockets and let's do our best!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:47 am
What do you mean gene doesn't matter? As if any couple can produce a kid like the size of Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:56 am
bayern wrote:
What do you mean gene doesn't matter? As if any couple can produce a kid like the size of Yao.

I'm saying race don't matter. Some people say Chinese or other Asians are just bad at sports in general. It's genetic, I'm saying it's not. Yao has broken the ice, that's his biggest contribution.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:01 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:
All contents regarding Yao's rehab will be posted here.

I guarantee you that NONE of my articles (translations, photos, and news update) about Big Yao's rehabilitation will be posted on this thread NOT created by me but by a PURE YAO HATER !!! :twisted:

Offline Profile