Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: I Will Keep Fighting Together With My Team

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The latest interview (through telephone) of Yao Ming by Titan Sports on his injury.

Big Yao said he still wants to be fight together with his team in the playoff.


Quote:
http://rockets.basketball.titan24.com/0 ... 20063.html

For the second consecutive year, Yao Ming's season ended prematurely with an injury; and for the 4th conseucitve year, Yao Ming had been severely hampered by injuries. But this time, when the Titan Sports reporter talked with Yao Ming over the phone, we had that feeling that his feeling was different (to previous years).

Yao Ming sounded his mood was not as bad and sad as we would have imagined. He himself also admitted: "I'm not as frustrated and sad about this injury as all the previous ones. All my previous injuries were in the middle of the regular season, particularly that injury last year; I was not even able to play in the playoff; therefore I was feeling terrible and frustrated. This year, to be down and out at this stage with this injury, I do feel I was a little bit unlucky, but at least we have passed the first round, and we are into the semi-final. Even though I have not been able to reach my goal, at least our team had reached our goal."

Yao Ming's goal? Waht else but the Championship. This year, they had beaten the young Portland TrailBlazers in the first round, and they had to play against last year's finalist and also the hot favorites for this year's Championship, the LA Lakers. Yao Ming said: "We have grown to become more mature. We have now the experience of making it past the first round. And after playing with the LA Lakers, we will also have gained the experience of playing a playoff series with a Championship contender. And this is the growing pain of a successful team."

Yao Ming further expressed that even though now that his playoff season is but over, he still wants to be with his team together and to continue fighting in the playoff. He said: "I'll definitely be there in Toyota Centre (in Game 4), and then, I'll also travel with my team to Los Angeles. Even though I will not be able to compete on court, it is still good to be able to rave and support my team mates from the court side."


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
I feel sorry for him, really. The last thing a player want is having an injury to prevent him from competing. Something that is beyond his control. Very frustrating indeed.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:

The latest interview (through telephone) of Yao Ming by Titan Sports on his injury.

Big Yao said he still wants to be fight together with his team in the playoff.


Quote:
http://rockets.basketball.titan24.com/0 ... 20063.html

For the second consecutive year, Yao Ming's season ended prematurely with an injury; and for the 4th conseucitve year, Yao Ming had been severely hampered by injuries. But this time, when the Titan Sports reporter talked with Yao Ming over the phone, we had that feeling that his feeling was different (to previous years).

Yao Ming sounded his mood was not as bad and sad as we would have imagined. He himself also admitted: "I'm not as frustrated and sad about this injury as all the previous ones. All my previous injuries were in the middle of the regular season, particularly that injury last year; I was not even able to play in the playoff; therefore I was feeling terrible and frustrated. This year, to be down and out at this stage with this injury, I do feel I was a little bit unlucky, but at least we have passed the first round, and we are into the semi-final. Even though I have not been able to reach my goal, at least our team had reached our goal."

Yao Ming's goal? Waht else but the Championship. This year, they had beaten the young Portland TrailBlazers in the first round, and they had to play against last year's finalist and also the hot favorites for this year's Championship, the LA Lakers. Yao Ming said: "We have grown to become more mature. We have now the experience of making it past the first round. And after playing with the LA Lakers, we will also have gained the experience of playing a playoff series with a Championship contender. And this is the growing pain of a successful team."

Yao Ming further expressed that even though now that his playoff season is but over, he still wants to be with his team together and to continue fighting in the playoff. He said: "I'll definitely be there in Toyota Centre (in Game 4), and then, I'll also travel with my team to Los Angeles. Even though I will not be able to compete on court, it is still good to be able to rave and support my team mates from the court side."


Thanks for the article Raymond. Yao's attitude is also reflective of mine. ie full of optimism. Yeah for sure it's a great disappointment that he can't finish off the series against the Lakers. However he and the Rockets are on the way up and there is a lot to like about the team. You'll think they'll only continue to grow and get better. They are great bunch of guys who fight hard and represent the city of Houston with pride.

Yao for my mind, needs to develop a consistent 15-18 ft jumper now. He can't just rely on banging in the low post. The high pick and roll with Yao are big part of the Rockets offense and if Yao can add a 15-18 ft jumper it will improve both his individual production as give the Rockets a better chance to win ball games. That and he just needs to be more selfish as a player on the court.

So unlike some other fans, I am looking forward to more success from Yao and the rockets in the future.


Last edited by Tang Man on Sat May 09, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
gorockets2009 wrote:
Yao you idiot. If you really want to support your teammates, how about doing everything you can to stay healthy?

Since your fracture is related to stress, that means, get some rest during the summer time, idiot!

Learn to say NO, moron.

I do not feel sorry for this idiotic guy, Yao Ming. Keep being the subservient horse that everyone whips to DEATH, moron.

Until you learn this lesson, you will keep getting injured to your feet. Maybe it's too late already.


:roll:


As if he can control anything that happens in a game. It's a physical competition. So in his case, it's probably even more physical due to his position.

Now it was his dream to play in the Olympics at home last summer. So how could you call him an idiot for making his dream come true.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
even yao's unfazed by his latest injury. He's become numb to it just like Rockets fans have. Fans don't give a f#k anymore so why should yao.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:14 am
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:
even yao's unfazed by his latest injury. He's become numb to it just like Rockets fans have. Fans don't give a f#k anymore so why should yao.


GTFO !!! Pure Hater !!! :twisted: :x :evil:

If he does not give a f@@k,
then he would not have to drag along his injured leg to go to the Toyota Centre and travel to Los Angeles to rave and support his team.

ONLY pure haters like you or fair-weather fans that chant to trade him away will think that he doesn't care.
:twisted:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 am
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
nig1 wrote:
even yao's unfazed by his latest injury. He's become numb to it just like Rockets fans have. Fans don't give a f#k anymore so why should yao.



Can you name any other center over 7'3" in NBA history that has accomplished as much as Yao did?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:02 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
John needs to create a specific forum titled "Yao off the court, and his most recent rehab." He should deleted unnecessary sub-forums like "yao's personality", "yao and azn community", "yao & me", "yao's rookie season". Nobody cares to post on those topics. Any threads regarding yao should be either "on the court" or "off the court."


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:44 am
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
nig1 wrote:
John needs to create a specific forum titled "Yao off the court, and his most recent rehab." He should deleted unnecessary sub-forums like "yao's personality", "yao and azn community", "yao & me", "yao's rookie season". Nobody cares to post on those topics. Any threads regarding yao should be either "on the court" or "off the court."


No, you need to make your own forum and leave this one.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
9 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum