<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  4/28/2009 Playoff Round 1 Game 5 @ Portland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 59045Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Photos of Big Yao in action..........

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE GAME PHOTOS

BOX SCORES

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
I wonder what Yao will say if they don't get out of the first round in the end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59045Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The fighting Rockets in action.........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 am
Posts: 4496Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Tang Man wrote:
bayern wrote:

lol... I didn't watch tonight's game. I guess I was right. They lost.

I hardly post tonight, in hope they'll finally do it before posting. Instead I just got more disappointment. 68-64 up. The game was there for the taking. Good teams would have close the doors. The Rockets just aren't a good team. For their sake, I hope they will get it done Thursday night.

Blazers won at home...it's expected. Just like the Blazers had game 4 for the taking but lost in Houston.

Rockets can close it out at home....

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:45 am
Horrible game. Absolutely horrible in so many ways. The refs are letting too much contacts on Yao, the calls weren't consistant. They allow things to happen on one end, but not the other.

Guard problem...AB is not a true guard. Period. AB have a lot to learn in terms of controling a game and his teamates. He doesn't have good court vision and decision making is not there. The assists he had are like the rebounds that just came your way.

He did had a nice pass to Landry, but Carl wasn't expecting it and lost the ball. AB took too many bad shots, mostly in the paint. His threes weren't all bad, but he didn't make them.

Artest is another person to blame on the bad shots. When Artest had a clean shot from a pick, he missed.

Playoff basketball is about who can get into the paint. Rockets kept shooting jumpers, and missed on crucial time. They were not trying to establish Yao. I saw so many possession where Yao got in the post, got his man to his back waving for the ball...AB passed it back out to the other side of the block. I was like...WTF! And that happened a few times.

The Rockets need to be patient, and let the clock run a little if they have to for Yao to post. They have to get him going, because he free up the outside. Why RA doesn't pull his guys together and smack that fundamental concept into their head? Only take jumpers when defense are committed in teh paint!

Lastly....

Everyone in the league now knows how the Rockets are getting the ball to Yao. They always run a cross pick to the otherside of the block. This is also what they do to counter fronting.

As you can see...it doesn't work anymore because you use it ALL the time! This is also Yao's fault. He has to find a better way to seal his man. He doesn't have to fight and waste energy when being fronted. Just pull the chair and relax a little. Let the ball move a bit and hit them with suprise. He's also very capable to come out and take a shot under the 3 point line. Let guys like Wafer, Artest, and SCOLA attack the basket alittle.

The Rockets MUST ATTACK THE BASKET. We need to bend those rims.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:09 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
rockets will win game 6. it's at houston, and last game, pretty much everyone except scola had a bad game for houston, if rockets can score 100 points, i think it's game over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:13 am
Posts: 172Location: Houston TXJoined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:22 am
Stop panicking because it was played at Portland. If we lost in Houston that I will be worried. Someone please let AB know that he did not have to panic at the 5 minutes mark but he can panic if they are down by 11 and with 50 seconds on the clock. Other than that I think we played pretty well.

To all Rockets player.... here is Yao at 7'6" and it is okay to pass the ball to him instead of staring at your shoes. The shoes might gave you a lot of money but if you want to win you need to check out the 7'6" chinese guy in the middle. So, stop staring at your shoes and if you are to short to see he is open give it to your team mate that have a better view. And Yao you need to grab these guys by the throat if they cannot see you open or are ignoring you. Slap them around a little to get them to wake up. Even if you are not as strong at 7'6" no one will dare to say no to you even if your English is 'bad'...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:04 am
bayern wrote:
I wonder what Yao will say if they don't get out of the first round in the end.

lebron james, here i come...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am
Game 5 was a going away gift to the Portland by Refs after nate's complaint.

RA was trying hard to get his team back as we saw the late 3rd surge to get us back to within 4 pts. Just the refs making 6 fouls on rockets within that 2 mins mark killed our chances.

RA finally decided to wrap this up and prepare for Game 6. Everyone knows this is a "shutup" gift to portland on their complaints.

i am just hoping this lost would get the rockets to bound back for Game 6.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 am
User avatarPosts: 2159Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
FCUK Aaron Brooks.......Trade this SOB. Are you kidding 6 for 20 and you are a PG. I had enuff of this lil black turd.
Get some1 else in that position.

Offline Profile