<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  4/24/2009 Playoff Round 1 Game 3 Vs Portland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 15452Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
temuchin wrote:
victorhe wrote:
Yao is so useless in this game. Very disappointed in Him. He is no where close to best center. Just look at Orlando"s Dwight Howard, that guy is tearing everything apart.

dwight lost tonight dude

and the supposed DPOY got abused at the end of the game fouled the shooter (no call) and got scored on

he did hit 2 FTs but Howard hardly had the night he wanted. at least yao won

I know right. I guess Howard homers will always see what they want to see. Losing is fine for them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
I am also a bit critical of Adelman's coaching. It's difficult to get Yao the ball from the 45. What they need to do is have Yao start at the high post and then have him cut to the low post and have the wing passing into Yao from the baseline.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:31 pm
Tang Man wrote:
It's doubtful that Yao will have an impact offensively in this series again. They just can't get him the ball. They have to keep playing great defense and rely on other players to generate the offense require to win the series.

I think yao has at least one big game in him...

this particular series it seems Oden and Przybilla are taking a physical toll on Yao. He just looks really tired at the end. Yao actually played okay to start. he was great on defense and had like 7 points. he just faded again

this team just has too many advantages and if houston can keep pulling out to leads early in games they can just sit on that and let portland flail

i didn't like how yao seemed to get discouraged after oden dunked on him twice and aldrige blocked him and dunked on him though.

i mean the next series will be homo i think based on no deke and how yao is doing right now they might get swept or taken in 5. but in this series all portland has is a puncher's chance for another game

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 pm
They just can't stop Yao every game. he is going to score 30pts and 12 rbds soon.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yao Ming in action both end of the courts......

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

BOX SCORES

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The Rockets in action...........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
victorhe wrote:
Yao is so useless in this game. Very disappointed in Him. He is no where close to best center. Just look at Orlando"s Dwight Howard, that guy is tearing everything apart.

With all fairness, Yao wasn't useless. He did grab game high 13 rebounds, he did block as well as change shots when the Blazers tried to go to the hole. He did attract a lot of attention from the defenders in order to open up for his teammates. Without Yao, the Rockets wouldn't have won this game. After all, his size did make difference. Ironically, D Howard might had a huge night, but his team lost. I bet you he prefers a W more than anything else.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
It's doubtful that Yao will have an impact offensively in this series again. They just can't get him the ball. They have to keep playing great defense and rely on other players to generate the offense require to win the series.

As far as direct scoring goes, he might be doubtful. But if his presence can open up for his teammates to get a win, then I'll take that any day. The key part is the Rockets have to win the next game at home. They simply execute their plays down the stretch a little bit better at home than on the road.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 pm

The eternal Uncle Mutombo raving and supporting the Rockets at the court side.....

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:55 am
bamboodragon wrote:
LOL, Aaron saves the Rockets.> No thanks to Yao for killing a 15pt lead.

brooks got bailed out by scola, horrible last play by the rockets....the last real possession, thankfully, when brooks dribbled on that train to nowhere like he usually does, scola happened to be standing next to him and he drilled the long J

Offline Profile