<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  04/15 Game 82: Houston Rockets @ Dallas Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
superjohn wrote:
Yao is getting screwed again. Just where is TMac when he needs some supporting casts? With all the stupid trades, there is not enough scoring power to help him get the championship.

You know it won't be any easier next season either. They don't know if they can keep Artest, Wafer,etc. I mean what do you want them to do? To bring Lebron, Wade to the Rockets to help Yao out?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 pm
bayern wrote:
superjohn wrote:
Yao is getting screwed again. Just where is TMac when he needs some supporting casts? With all the stupid trades, there is not enough scoring power to help him get the championship.

You know it won't be any easier next season either. They don't know if they can keep Artest, Wafer,etc. I mean what do you want them to do? To bring Lebron, Wade to the Rockets to help Yao out?

Yao should demand a trade to a contender, even if that means Yao becomes a supporting playing, LOL.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:23 pm
superjohn wrote:
Yao should demand a trade to a contender, even if that means Yao becomes a supporting player, LOL.

Now that would be a loser's mentality. I mean at times, I feel he is a role player as it is.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:32 am
Tang Man wrote:
So anybody know the schedule yet?

Starts on Saturday night and they get two days off in between for the first 3 games, so Yao should get enough rest for those games. No excuses for being tired unless he stays up late playing his video games.

Sat, Apr 18 at Portland 10:30 pm
Tue, Apr 21 at Portland 10:00 pm
Fri, Apr 24 vs Portland 9:30 pm
Sun, Apr 26 vs Portland 9:00 pm

(All Times Eastern)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 am
I think Shane said it perfectly, the game was on Adelman, who didn't get his team to go back to feeding Yao.

Yao couldn't hold his position really only in the 4th quarter, when he was drained by fighting left and right and no one passes him the ball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:48 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
So anybody know the schedule yet?

Starts on Saturday night and they get two days off in between for the first 3 games, so Yao should get enough rest for those games. No excuses for being tired unless he stays up late playing his video games.

Sat, Apr 18 at Portland 10:30 pm
Tue, Apr 21 at Portland 10:00 pm
Fri, Apr 24 vs Portland 9:30 pm
Sun, Apr 26 vs Portland 9:00 pm

(All Times Eastern)

Thanks the Rockets will need to win 1 of the first two games against the Blazers. They are capable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 am
if they can bring jason kidd... that would be a dream

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:30 am
johnl wrote:
if they can bring jason kidd... that would be a dream

Nah, even pairing Jason Kidd with Dirk Nowitski is not enough to bring Dallas up. I don't think it will work for the Rockets either.

I just don't know what will work. I like the idea of Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Of course, that is beyond day dreaming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:11 pm
ugh I couldn't believe how Rox folded in the 4th qtr... with sooooo much on the line...

i saw the whole game and i want to say the refs were a-holes down the stretch, giving Yao 4 fouls in the 3rd, with 2 O fouls that's completely BS. That's 2 TO's and greatly restricted Yao's aggressiveness. fkn refs...

Had rox won they would be 2nd seed... how awesome would that have been?!? oh well, it hurts but not as much as I thought it would - kinda getting used to disappointments after all these years...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:42 pm
GoYao wrote:
i saw the whole game and i want to say the refs were a-holes down the stretch, giving Yao 4 fouls in the 3rd, with 2 O fouls that's completely BS. That's 2 TO's and greatly restricted Yao's aggressiveness. fkn refs...

Yes, the refs were ridiculous, watched Jason Kidd guarding Artest the way he did just made me laugh. If you ask me what's wrong with the NBA today, then I would tell you the refs, that's what's wrong with the NBA.

Offline Profile