Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  03/18 Game 70: Houston Rockets vs Detroit Pistons

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:29 pm
Posts: 408Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 am
yep.. thats the right word.... yao need to be more selfish...
it is just the culture difference


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 59171Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

MORE photos of Big Yao in action......


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 59171Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
The fighting Rockets........

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Here's RA post game comments.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=ZRQgkD

Quote:
HE (YAO) JUST HAS TO DEMAND THE BALL


That's right RA said it.

Listen to the rest of his post game interview. It's Yao's FAULT that he isn't getting the ball in the post. It's pretty much like what I've said. He is just to nice and want to fit in. That's nice but the Rockets can't afford to have him do that. When teams play him straight up, like the Piston did tonight and like the Spurs are going to do Sunday. Yao just has to get it into his head to go out and kill these type of teams. I don't know but according to RA is still learning to do that. After 7 years in the league FFS!!!!!!!!!!!


No argument there. At the end of first OT, he should have gone to the low post and demand the ball instead of trying to set a pick at the high post. You force the other team to make a change by going to your strength , if the double team comes, then you change to something else. But if you don't go to your strength, then you basically let your opponent off the hook. We aren't bowling here, each person takes a turn. Yao needs to understand he isn't shooting enough to carry the team. I bet he feels like he has been shooting the ball a few times in a row and it's time for his teammates to share that opportunity. That's not a winning attitude. You need to milk your strength until it's dry. Yes, after 7 years in the league, he is still trying to be a role player instead of a franchise player. It's hard as it is for a young player such as Brooks to learn the game, you certainly don't want your veteran to learn the game as well at this stage. He should have mastered that a long time ago.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
johnl wrote:
yep.. thats the right word.... yao need to be more selfish...
it is just the culture difference


It is the culture difference maybe, but this isn't his first season. You can always learn and adapt to a new culture. We often say one is never too old to learn. So he needs to learn. Frankly, we shouldn't be having this conversation at this point, the issue should have been solved a long time ago. He needs to realize there is a reason why someone picked him first in the draft. They want him to take over the game down the stretch, not setting picks. If they want someone set a pick, they don't need to draft number 1 pick to do so. Yao needs to realize they pay him that much money not for setting picks. Picture MJ, Kobe, Wade, Lebron set picks at the end of the game. That would be ridiculous...


Last edited by bayern on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 1057Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:23 pm
I like what Adelmans saying. Hopefully, he can get that through to Yao cuz I agree that he absolutely NEEDS to take more shots.

Heres a quote from Yao from todays game

"I need to be more aggressive, I guess,'' Yao said. "I've been in this situation before. I think I need to do more for the team.''


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:20 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
cpa314 wrote:
Heres a quote from Yao from todays game

"I need to be more aggressive, I guess,'' Yao said. "I've been in this situation before. I think I need to do more for the team.''


Still not absolutely sure with his answer, had to drag that I guess along. It's not " I think I need to do more for the team". It should be " I know I must do more for the team."


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 am
User avatarPosts: 59171Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bayern wrote:


No argument there. At the end of first OT, he should have gone to the low post and demand the ball instead of trying to set a pick at the high post.


Naaaaah, he did not try to set a pick at the high post. :roll:

In that possession, 16.5 seconds before end of 1st over time, he had already sealed his position with Antonio McDyess at his back in the paint, and was demanding the ball from Aaron Brooks.

But Aaron Brooks hesitated and did not pass him the ball, and insteads passed it to Luis Scola, who in turn gave it to Ron Artest, and Ron Artest missed his shot, wasting all that 16.5 seconds.


That was vividly described in Jonathan Feigen's game summary.


[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 20105.html

[size=109]The Pistons sent Kyle Lowry to the line, but he made just one of his free throws, so when Stuckey split the Rockets


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 am
Posts: 408Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 am
there is 59 players take ore shot than yao....and i dont think half of them are better than yao or is an all star 7 years in a row


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:47 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
bayern wrote:


No argument there. At the end of first OT, he should have gone to the low post and demand the ball instead of trying to set a pick at the high post.


Naaaaah, he did not try to set a pick at the high post. :roll:

In that possession, 16.5 seconds before end of 1st over time, he had already sealed his position with Antonio McDyess at his back in the paint, and was demanding the ball from Aaron Brooks.

But Aaron Brooks hesitated and did not pass him the ball, and insteads passed it to Luis Scola, who in turn gave it to Ron Artest, and Ron Artest missed his shot, wasting all that 16.5 seconds.


That was vividly described in Jonathan Feigen's game summary.


[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 20105.html

[size=109]The Pistons sent Kyle Lowry to the line, but he made just one of his free throws, so when Stuckey split the Rockets


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 15 of 17
163 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum