Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  03/01 Game 60: Houston Rockets @ Minnesota Timberwolves

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Excuse me for asking. Wasn't last night's game in the bag too? Wasn't the Portland game in the bag? Nothing is in the bag when it comes to the Rockets and certainly nothing ever will until they learn to close out games properly. So what if they got 10 games in 15 days. Until this team learn to put teams away it will be meangingless how many games they have to play. If they can't solve the fronting defense against Yao in the 4th quarter it's properly not going to matter to much.


yesterday's game was in the bag, but you saw how they collapsed, don't compare tonight's game to yesterday's. It's not even close. Now if Yao is hurt, then it would be really meaningless how many games they will have to play. Perhaps that way, they don't really need to learn how to solve fronting defense at all.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
pryuen wrote:

ABSOLUTELY !!! Could not agree more.


Already said it. You're just a fan more concern with Yao's health than that of the team. Until this team learn to execute and put teams away, no player deserves a rest, Yao included. How do you know RA didn't want to send a message to the players about playing 48 minutes and not just 43 like the previous night. You and Bayern are way off on this one.


Of course, I am more concern with Yao's health, because Yao is the team, without Yao, the foundation of the team will be gone. They've already lost T Mac. They certainly don't need another un-necessary injury at this stage of the season. Besides, did they really solve that fronting defense in this game? They need to go back to drawing board and do some practices.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
The fighting Rockets in action.......

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 pm
Posts: 125Location: ChicagoJoined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am
Tang Man wrote:
pryuen wrote:

ABSOLUTELY !!! Could not agree more.


Already said it. You're just a fan more concern with Yao's health than that of the team. Until this team learn to execute and put teams away, no player deserves a rest, Yao included. How do you know RA didn't want to send a message to the players about playing 48 minutes and not just 43 like the previous night. You and Bayern are way off on this one.


You are absolutely right: RA might want to send a message. I hope that was his intent in the first place instead of a type of punishment.

But you have to consider the timing too. The team should play 48 minutes, I cannot agree more. But that minute has to be a real game minute.

When you are 15 points lead, only 2.5 minutes left and the opponent has obviously surrendered, that's not really a game now. Either team is just trying to kill whatever time left. And you saw the game, Yao walked back and forth.What's the point? If by any chance he was injuried, we would not be talking about playing 48 minutes now.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:

yesterday's game was in the bag, but you saw how they collapsed, don't compare tonight's game to yesterday's. It's not even close. Now if Yao is hurt, then it would be really meaningless how many games they will have to play. Perhaps that way, they don't really need to learn how to solve fronting defense at all.


Now you are getting ridiculous. Of course it was the same. The Rockets couldn't do what they wanted offensively and it has happen a lot in the past 4 or 5 games. BTW last night wasn't a one off. The difference is that they have escaped with wins in other games whereas last night they loss. The Rockets collapses are all to familar. They stop defending, they stop executing and Yao failing to exert his influence on the game.

Also you CAN'T control when a player is going to get injured. It happens. It can happen during a game. It can happen during training or even just during warm up.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
MengHuiHanTang wrote:


When you are 15 points lead, only 2.5 minutes left and the opponent has obviously surrendered, that's not really a game now. Either team is just trying to kill whatever time left. And you saw the game, Yao walked back and forth.What's the point? If by any chance he was injuried, we would not be talking about playing 48 minutes now.


Then the chances of him getting injured was pretty low then.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
MengHuiHanTang wrote:


When you are 15 points lead, only 2.5 minutes left and the opponent has obviously surrendered, that's not really a game now. Either team is just trying to kill whatever time left. And you saw the game, Yao walked back and forth.What's the point? If by any chance he was injuried, we would not be talking about playing 48 minutes now.


Then the chances of him getting injured was pretty low then.


In that case, it's a moot point to even talk about close out the game, or even talk about getting some so called practice as far as fronting defense goes. The game was won and the last few minutes were garbage time. Clearly, Minnesota wasn't going to make a run to threat the lead of the Rockets like the Bulls did.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Now you are getting ridiculous. Of course it was the same. The Rockets couldn't do what they wanted offensively and it has happen a lot in the past 4 or 5 games. BTW last night wasn't a one off. The difference is that they have escaped with wins in other games whereas last night they loss. The Rockets collapses are all to familar. They stop defending, they stop executing and Yao failing to exert his influence on the game.

Also you CAN'T control when a player is going to get injured. It happens. It can happen during a game. It can happen during training or even just during warm up.


Like I have said before that you never answered, did they solve that fronting defense in the last few minutes of the game? The truth is they need off day to get back to the drawing board and get some practices.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bayern wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
Now you are getting ridiculous. Of course it was the same. The Rockets couldn't do what they wanted offensively and it has happen a lot in the past 4 or 5 games. BTW last night wasn't a one off. The difference is that they have escaped with wins in other games whereas last night they loss. The Rockets collapses are all to familar. They stop defending, they stop executing and Yao failing to exert his influence on the game.

Also you CAN'T control when a player is going to get injured. It happens. It can happen during a game. It can happen during training or even just during warm up.


Like I have said before that you never answered, did they solve that fronting defense in the last few minutes of the game? The truth is they need off day to get back to the drawing board and get some practices.


EXACTLY !!! Practices make perfect.

Even though team scrimmages are not the same in terms of intensity and physicality as compared to real game situation, nevertheless it is the first step to learn how to break those fronting defense.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 8 of 9
86 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum