<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming & 2009 NBA All Stars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
I remember when Steve Francis and Yao Ming, made the Allstar team together, a while back, when SF3 was still with the ROX. Yao was doing all these alleyoops and hook passes to Stevie at that ASG, and I thought it was quite fun to see. 8)

But, I haven't seen him do anything like that in recent ASGs.:cry:

I know Yao, by nature, is not a flashy guy, but he does have a fun side. And it would be nice to see him at least TRY something fun out there on the floor again. Let loose a bit more, go coast to coast, throw a fancy dime. Who cares if you miss! Its the show for the FANS who voted you in, that matters.

People voted Yao into the ASG because they wanted to see him there. But they also, wanted to see Yao there to see him, hopefully, let loose a bit and mix it up a bit more, with the other great players.

Just my two cents.

Here is the Yao to SF3, alleyoop clip, at the 2004 allstar game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RqDxN0NMM

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 pm
YaoMingFan wrote:
I remember when Steve Francis and Yao Ming, made the Allstar team together, a while back, when SF3 was still with the ROX. Yao was doing all these alleyoops and hook passes to Stevie at that ASG, and I thought it was quite fun to see. 8)

But, I haven't seen him do anything like that in recent ASGs.:cry:

I know Yao, by nature, is not a flashy guy, but he does have a fun side. And it would be nice to see him at least TRY something fun out there on the floor again. Let loose a bit more, go coast to coast, throw a fancy dime. Who cares if you miss! Its the show for the FANS who voted you in, that matters.

People voted Yao into the ASG because they wanted to see him there. But they also, wanted to see Yao there to see him, hopefully, let loose a bit and mix it up a bit more, with the other great players.

Just my two cents.

Here is the Yao to SF3, alleyoop clip, at the 2004 allstar game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RqDxN0NMM

I totally agree with you

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

That Qingdao Beer Lad 青啤男孩 Wu Dawei finally had his wish come true.

He was there in the NBA China Night on Saturday as a special guest for David Stern, and a ceremony was arranged for him to present to David Stern a basketball signed with names of surviving high school kids of Beichuan High School, the high school that was devastated in the Sichuan earthquake in May 2008.

He also placed an invitation to David Stern to visit Beichuan and Sichuan in his future visits to China which David Stern accepted.

Last edited by pryuen on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:40 pm
YaoMingFan wrote:

that's why SF3 is awesome. for me Francis and Iverson are 2 guys who would flat out surprise you with their athleticism. to yao, there's no one who treated yao better than Francis. they really were like brothers and Francis deserves credit for helping yao adjust to the NBA even when everyone else was mocking him and calling him a bust. francis could have easily froze yao out like jordan tried to do to kukoc.

everyone is civil to yao or even a little intimidated of him because of yao's enormous clout but there's very few guys who seem WARM towards him. tmac obviously considers it a business relationship. maybe deke and scola? his best friend on the team after francis left was prolly JVG lol. I think yao probably only considers that he has a handful of actual friends in the NBA

Quote:
He was there in the NBA China Night on Saturday as a special guest for David Stern, and a ceremony was arranged for him to present to David Stern a basketball signed with names of surviving high school kids of Beichuan High School, the high school that was devastated in the Sichuan earthquake in May 2008.

stern is working his ***** off to save his job via china. basically with all the corruption his only hope is to promise owners huge growth via china. ****** stern

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
YY2008 wrote:
Sun Yue knows how to get on the pictures by standing next to David Stern. :D

LOL !!! That was not Sun Yue. :roll:

That was the lucky lad Wu Dawei from Sichuan (he's originally from Shandong, studying in Minyang), who won a Make Your Wish Come True Contest by Qingdao Beer, and came to the 2009 All Stars Weekend as David Stern's special guest.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... 296#357296

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 am

Yao Ming was seen here in a photo with News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch, his wife, Wendi Deng and his children during the NBA All Stars game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:29 am
disgraceful, the people Yao posed with in the last photo

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 am
Iconoclastic wrote:
disgraceful, the people Yao posed with in the last photo

Why...?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:29 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
temuchin wrote:
shaq's "street dance" was with the jaberwokees, an asian american dance crew. most of the guys are korean, SE asian, jap or mixed but there are ethnic chinese on the crew (and a mexican). jaberwokees steal most of their moves from korean dance squads but that's okay cuz the white ppl in america have never seen those moves and dont know any better. what's funny is how small the mask is on shaq's big dumb head. those masks cover the entire heads of the asian kids

what are you bitching about yao for? the NBA ballers treat yao basically how he treats them. they're cordial to him but obviously not warm. they're not out to highlight him like they do their favorite players but that's to be expected. they've done far worse such as freezing Jordan out of the game etc

which moves did they steal? Please be specific

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am
temuchin wrote:
YaoMingFan wrote:

that's why SF3 is awesome. for me Francis and Iverson are 2 guys who would flat out surprise you with their athleticism. to yao, there's no one who treated yao better than Francis. they really were like brothers and Francis deserves credit for helping yao adjust to the NBA even when everyone else was mocking him and calling him a bust. francis could have easily froze yao out like jordan tried to do to kukoc.

everyone is civil to yao or even a little intimidated of him because of yao's enormous clout but there's very few guys who seem WARM towards him. tmac obviously considers it a business relationship. maybe deke and scola? his best friend on the team after francis left was prolly JVG lol. I think yao probably only considers that he has a handful of actual friends in the NBA

[quote]

I would say Deke...him and Yao are pretty good friends. Deke and Franchise

Offline Profile