<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  TMAC POSSIBLY OUT FOR SEASON

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
http://www.click2houston.com/sports/18692862/detail.html

HOUSTON -- Rockets guard Tracy McGrady could miss the remainder of the season, according to sources close to Local 2 sports. An MRI revealed missing cartilage in his left knee, which may require microfracture surgery to repair.
The possibility remains, however, that McGrady will try to finish the season. Dr. James Andrews, generally regarded as the premier orthopaedic surgeon in the country for this type of injury, will review the MRI before a final decision is made. Andrews advised those close to McGrady, that a microfracture surgery should only be used in a career saving situation.
McGrady and the Rockets will discuss options in a meeting at Toyota Center prior to tonight's game against Sacramento. At this point, the Rockets have no comment on the situation.

Can Yao Ming take the reigns and lead this team deep in the playoffs or will he add to his legacy of never passing the 1st round like Tmac?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Out for the season??? Missing a cartilage???

ROFLMAO !!!

It's just either a new excuse Tracy McLazy used to quit playing, or a new smokescreen the Houston Rockets used to save the face of Tracy McLazy for playing so shiiiiiiiiiiiiitty.

Latest MRI revealed no broken or missing cartilage or new injury.

[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 58863.html

McGrady scratched from Rockets' lineup tonight
MRI reveals no new injury for veteran guard

[size=109]By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Feb. 11, 2009, 7:06PM

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady has been ruled out of tonight

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
To me, T Mac is done and he's done for a while in my view. He is definitely no longer in that group of elite players, such as Kobe, Wade, James,etc.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Just for all of you who didn't find it, here is the entire transcript of Tracy McLady's halftime press conference.

The drama queen is at it again!!! :twisted: :x :evil:

He had another MRI. He said his knee hasn't improved. He said he's going for more opinions. He said he doesn't know when he'll be back. He said his knee still hurts.

[quote]

[size=109]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm
All I know is if T Mac isn't healthy, don't bother to come back. It will only tax his teammates on the floor with his lack of defense. I would rather rely on a younger player such as Wafer, at least Wafer will play his heart out, whether he is good enough is another story. All in all, I prefer a healthy player over an injured T Mac.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 pm
Well personally think this could be just another excuse/smokescreen from Tracy McLazy for quitting and not playing fully committed for the Rockets.

He is bringing a bad name to Keith Jones, Tom Clanton and all the medical practioners at the Memorial Hermann Hospital.

How can these be??? WHY all these flip flops???
:twisted:

A minor surgery to clear off some loose particles from his knee and shoulder in May 2008.

A similar surgery for Kobe Bryant took place in July 2006. The guy returned to play for the full 2007 season in October 2006.

And it is now February 2009, 9 months after that freaking minor surgery.....

And the guy is still complaining about this, complaining about that....and insisted the injury was still there.

So what were all those 2 consecutive 3 weeks of leave of absence for rest and rehabilitation about??

It is NOT about the injury. It's all mental.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:28 am
Either way, physically or mentally, you certainly don't want him to be back, because he will only tax his teammates on the floor with lack of defense. Offensively, he will just settle for stupid jump shots. So all the bashing is useless. Now ask yourself this question, let's say he plays, do you want him to play the way he has been playing? You criticize him when he plays, but when he doesn't play, you bash him as well. It's like catch-22. if I were you, just let him sit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 am
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
pryuen wrote:
[color=red][b]He is bringing a bad name to Keith Jones, Tom Clanton and all the medical practioners at the Memorial Hermann Hospital.

Since Houston is the only team that is constantly injured, sometimes I wonder if the medical staff needs to be changed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
yeah I wonder about the training staff..but then again, we're talking about 2 perpetually injury-brittle players who happen to be the highest paid duo on the squad. If you're looking at an excellent medical staff, look at the Phoenix Suns. They rehabillated Shaq, Grant Hill, Nash, Amare. They've been praised with their method of curing whatever ailment a player has. Shaq's hip was bothering for the whole season in Miami, after the trade to Phoenix, the staff took care of that and he looks rejuvenated.
Also, people labeled Vince Carter as washed up a while back. The last couple years, he's been relatively injury free and playing like a top 5 SG. Tmac will regain his form somewhat, but not this year. And I'm surprised nobody's talking about Battier, dude has been a bust this year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 1096Location: calgary, canadaJoined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:29 pm
nig1 wrote:
yeah I wonder about the training staff..but then again, we're talking about 2 perpetually injury-brittle players who happen to be the highest paid duo on the squad. If you're looking at an excellent medical staff, look at the Phoenix Suns. They rehabillated Shaq, Grant Hill, Nash, Amare. They've been praised with their method of curing whatever ailment a player has. Shaq's hip was bothering for the whole season in Miami, after the trade to Phoenix, the staff took care of that and he looks rejuvenated.
Also, people labeled Vince Carter as washed up a while back. The last couple years, he's been relatively injury free and playing like a top 5 SG. Tmac will regain his form somewhat, but not this year. And I'm surprised nobody's talking about Battier, dude has been a bust this year.

yeah.. battier has been a huge dissapointment.. imagine if we had kept rudy gay.

Offline Profile