<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming injures McGrady

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6238860.html

The Rockets' run of relatively good health could be over after one game.
Tracy McGrady left Friday's practice with a sprained left ankle. The injury is not considered serious, with McGrady listed as "a game-time decision" to play Saturday against the Golden State Warriors.
Wednesday's game was just the third this season with the Rockets' planned rotation available and was the first time McGrady, Yao Ming, Ron Artest and Shane Battier played in the same game this month.

"Oh man, if it ain't one thing it's another," McGrady said. "Right now, it's hard to tell with these things. High ankle sprain. We'll see how I feel in the morning. What can you do? I think this isn't something that's going to keep me out of the lineup for multiple games. We'll make a decision tomorrow.
"It's just frustrating. Practice was going so well. I was getting out there and going at it, one of the few practices I was able to practice and go at it for the whole practice and I got 300-something pounds land on my ankle."
McGrady said Yao Ming stepped on his left ankle as he turned to head down court following a rebound.
"It's painful," McGrady said. "It's hard to walk on it, put a lot of pressure on it. I never had a high ankle sprain. I started feeling good with my knee and going to practice and I got an ankle sprain. I'll be all right."

Yao will do anything to get rid of McGrady. That cunning sob!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Maybe now we can start winning again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm
they are just not in rhythm mentally when playing with the projected rotation. rockets need every one to win!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
One has to go during off season. It's hard to have one big star is prone to injury on the team. The Rockets have two. So it might be better off for them to get rid of one. Besides, it's not like they have accomplished anything when the two were healthy together, still haven't gotten out of the first round of the playoffs thus far. Time is indeed running out....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:03 am
Posts: 8235Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
bayern wrote:
One has to go during off season. It's hard to have one big star is prone to injury on the team. The Rockets have two. So it might be better off for them to get rid of one. Besides, it's not like they have accomplished anything when the two were healthy together, still haven't gotten out of the first round of the playoffs thus far. Time is indeed running out....

rox never reallly have a whole healthy team in playoffs but i guess thats the curse.
vs mavs, starting pf juwan was out
vs jazz, too many injuries during regular season
vs jazz again, no yao
this year i hope at least they get all the guys in the playoffs, healthy or not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:15 am
shokenchi wrote:
bayern wrote:

rox never reallly have a whole healthy team in playoffs but i guess thats the curse.
vs jazz again, no yao
this year i hope at least they get all the guys in the playoffs, healthy or not.

They did have both Yao and T Mac healthy one year against the Jazz in the playoffs, with up 2-0 and home court advantage, they couldn't get the job done. Besides, injury is a part of the game. No one is going to pity you if you don't have everyone healthy in the playoffs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
Yep, they were healthy at some point, and just didn't deliver.

I really don't see Yao and Mac winning even western conference championship together. They will be injured, at least one of them, and even if they aren't in the future, the same problems exist, Yao will get fronted, Tmac will be inconsistent.

bayern wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
bayern wrote:

vs jazz again, no yao

They did have both Yao and T Mac healthy one year against the Jazz in the playoffs, with up 2-0 and home court advantage, they couldn't get the job done. Besides, injury is a part of the game. No one is going to pity you if you don't have everyone healthy in the playoffs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:04 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
Yep, they were healthy at some point, and just didn't deliver.

I really don't see Yao and Mac winning even western conference championship together. They will be injured, at least one of them, and even if they aren't in the future, the same problems exist, Yao will get fronted, Tmac will be inconsistent.

Yes, I agree. Even if they are healthy, I don't think they have the winning mentality to go far in the playoffs. I mean if T Mac couldn't win anything when he was in his prime, what makes people to think he will win when he is going downhill. It doesn't make any sense. As far as Yao is concerned, I don't think he will get any better than what he already is, at least not dramatically. For instance, how much stamina can he improve from this point on? If he gets tired, then so goes his skills on the court. Heavy legs will make him to become that liability defensively, which means people will score on him and he gets foul trouble. Now if he gets in foul trouble, then there will be no offense from him since he won't be on the floor anyway. Everything goes circles, it's like catch-22.

Offline Profile