Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Why has Yao never been 1st Team All-NBA????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 8235Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
nash just played in a system that fit his style, same as with amare and shawn marion. with a different coach, they never play the same again or produce the same numbers. great players play great no matter what coaches they play under. nash is prolly the only mvp never been to an nba finals, tells u how great he is.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

So when all else fails just make up an argument right???? Why did Nash has Nash never averaged 11+ assists without Amare Stoudemire?? Why is it Nash never became an MVP til he was put into the pick n roll with Amare Stoudemire??

As for Amare being an assisted scorer, well you're right, he was assisted on about 60% of his fg's in 04-05. How about the numbers for other all-star big men that season.

Tim Duncan: 51%
Shaquille O'Neal: 53%
Kevin Garnett: 66%
Dirk Nowitzki: 53%
Yao Ming: 72%
Jermain O'Neal: 60%
Zyndrunas Ilgauskus: 66%

So that pretty much shoots your idea to sh!t doesn't it.

Amare played an awesome series against San Antonio. 37ppg and 10rpg compared to Duncan's 27ppg and 14rpg. Yeah, his matchup with Duncan is what cost the Suns that series, or maybe it was a complete failure by Marion, QRich, and Joe Johnson. The Spurs were better than the Suns.


Does it???? Have you seen what happens when the Suns go to Amare in the post or 1 on 1 isolations. Oh why do you think they bought Shaq into the their team for? Yes Amare is just such a dominate low post scorer that you can build your offense around. That's why they bought in a 36 year old Shaq to teach Amare a thing or two about post play. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The funniest thing is Amare complaining about not being the man. He NEVER was the man. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

He may have scored 37 ppg and 10 rpg but his team was NEVER even in the series. Is that not what my original argument was? That a 37ppg has NEVER been so uninfluential in a series? Do you NOT agreed that the Suns was NEVER in that series? Just admit go ahead and admit it bro. You know it's the truth. Better yet NAME me ONE player who averaged 35+ ppg in a play-off series in the past 15 years in the NBA, whose team didn't end up winning the series.


BTW. I presume you DO know the difference between an assist that leads to a lay up or dunk to one that leads to a turnaround jumper don't you? I also presume you know that the statistician that records those stats DON'T distinguish the difference between the two.




I can't deal with this ignorance. Last 15 years???

Hmmmm, Allen Iverson in the 2001 NBA finals.

Going back a little further you have Michael Jordan doing it in 1986 and 87. Teams lose series to better team. It doesn't

Dunks and turnaround jumpers??? Are you friggin kidding me?? Turnaround jumpers rarely count as an assist for anybody because it generally involves the player doing extra to create his own shot. Assists almost invariably are counted for layups, dunks, and open jumpers.

Try again.


:oops: :oops:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
shokenchi wrote:
nash just played in a system that fit his style, same as with amare and shawn marion. with a different coach, they never play the same again or produce the same numbers. great players play great no matter what coaches they play under. nash is prolly the only mvp never been to an nba finals, tells u how great he is.


Good point. This was exactly the reasons I feel that Nash should not have been a two time MVP at all. See what happens now? Just 2 seasons after his second MVP, Nash is not even an Allstar.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 12430Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
shokenchi wrote:
nash just played in a system that fit his style, same as with amare and shawn marion. with a different coach, they never play the same again or produce the same numbers.
lots of words put together that, taken as a whole, meaningless
shokenchi wrote:
great players play great no matter what coaches they play under. nash is prolly the only mvp never been to an nba finals, tells u how great he is.
ur kidding.

Nash was a multiple all-star playing for the Mavs long before joining the Sun. He was great playing for both teams.
bobliu wrote:
This was exactly the reasons I feel that Nash should not have been a two time MVP at all. See what happens now? Just 2 seasons after his second MVP, Nash is not even an Allstar.
Nash was a deserving MVP, both times. He was the Most Valuable Player in the League.

his skills have diminished, more due to the fact that he is 35 yrs old, in his 14th season, with a bad back and sore knee


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:


I can't deal with this ignorance. Last 15 years???

Hmmmm, Allen Iverson in the 2001 NBA finals.

Going back a little further you have Michael Jordan doing it in 1986 and 87. Teams lose series to better team. It doesn't

Dunks and turnaround jumpers??? Are you friggin kidding me?? Turnaround jumpers rarely count as an assist for anybody because it generally involves the player doing extra to create his own shot. Assists almost invariably are counted for layups, dunks, and open jumpers.

Try again.


:oops: :oops:


Well done bro. All you have succeeded in doing is prove my original statement correct. I said I have never seen someone who averaged 37 ppg but yet was so uninfluential to the outcome of a series. The Suns were spanked. They lost 4-1. Their only win, was a token one in game 4 when the series was all but over after going down 3-0. Iverson's Sixers won game 1 of the 2001 finals and at least had a series lead. So Amare's scoring was the biggest NON FACTOR in the past 20 years. So congratulation in helping me prove what I said to be the truth. However Amare's importance to the Suns was sealed the next season. Without Amare, the Suns made the WCF again and that time lost 4-2. They actually had the series tie at 2-2 after 4 games, which was much more competitive than the previous season with Amare.

As for Jordan, yep I am sure his team won 60+ games that season like Nash's Sun's did and had home court advantage as well. To mention a 2nd rate star like Amare with Jordan is really embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing when someone just relies on statistics without ever taken into account the context those stats were achieved.

As for an assist. A turnaround jumper DOES count as long as the player don't dribble it about 5 times. An assist is a pass that leads directly to a basket. It doesn't have to be an OPEN one. What sort of shot did Terry Teagle take when Magic become the all time assist leader? What about Karl Malone when John Stockton broke Magic's milestone.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 1372Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 am
nig1 wrote:
if u wanna talk stats, less than 10rebs per game, a measly 1.7blocks per game..oh and he leads the team in turnovers with a whopping guard-like 3.10 :roll: Oh, and Yao is top 3 in dreaded Eddy Curry line http://busersports.com/categories/curry-line/ While strictly for fantasy purposes, falling behind Zach Randolph and Corey Maguette is pretty terrible. Unless Dwight Howard falls off the wagon, I don't see Yao making 1st team anytime soon. Of course this could change, if he at least causes noise in the playoffs.


so what you're saying is, Jamario Moon and Delonte West are 2 of the top 4 efficient/stat players in the nba?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 pm
Posts: 112Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:34 pm
uh, maybe it is because he has missed 1/4 of the season for the last 3 years. how is this even a debate?

how can anyone bring up the foreign thing since 3 of the 5 first team players in 06-07 are not even from the states...nash, duncan , and dirk...

and there is no way yao is better than howard..howard is a way better rebounder, and a way better shot blocker, the two most important things for a center...not even close athetically, 5 years younger, and has no history of serious injuries...but somehow yao is better cause he shoots better freethrows and has a better offensive game, yea because yao creates his own shot all the time...

amare and yao is more interesting tho...i would prob take yao if he play a full season this year...but it is not crazy to take amare either...even tho this year is supposed to be his off year...his number are still pretty decent and about the same as yao...terry porter is also running the offense thru shaq now which is killin that team...and so what that sun forums complain about him...every rockets forum complains about yao...


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
procrast wrote:
uh, maybe it is because he has missed 1/4 of the season for the last 3 years. how is this even a debate?

how can anyone bring up the foreign thing since 3 of the 5 first team players in 06-07 are not even from the states...nash, duncan , and dirk...

and there is no way yao is better than howard..howard is a way better rebounder, and a way better shot blocker, the two most important things for a center...not even close athetically, 5 years younger, and has no history of serious injuries...but somehow yao is better cause he shoots better freethrows and has a better offensive game, yea because yao creates his own shot all the time...

amare and yao is more interesting tho...i would prob take yao if he play a full season this year...but it is not crazy to take amare either...even tho this year is supposed to be his off year...his number are still pretty decent and about the same as yao...terry porter is also running the offense thru shaq now which is killin that team...and so what that sun forums complain about him...every rockets forum complains about yao...


i agree with you about the howard comparison but no way amare is even close to Yao


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:

Well done bro. All you have succeeded in doing is prove my original statement correct. I said I have never seen someone who averaged 37 ppg but yet was so uninfluential to the outcome of a series. The Suns were spanked. They lost 4-1. Their only win, was a token one in game 4 when the series was all but over after going down 3-0. Iverson's Sixers won game 1 of the 2001 finals and at least had a series lead. So Amare's scoring was the biggest NON FACTOR in the past 20 years. So congratulation in helping me prove what I said to be the truth. However Amare's importance to the Suns was sealed the next season. Without Amare, the Suns made the WCF again and that time lost 4-2. They actually had the series tie at 2-2 after 4 games, which was much more competitive than the previous season with Amare.


Oh, so now we're distinguishing between how a series is won??? So since the Sixer won game 1 it's better than winning game 4?? Maybe the Spurs weren't interested in sweeping like L.A. fans tried to say after the 01 Finals were over.

Refresh my memory, didn't the Suns(with Amare) beat the Mavs in 2005??? Who did they lose to in the conference Finals the very next year(without Amare). Is this a real argument??? Are you actually going to compare the Suns playing two different teams in the WCF in two different years and pretend you're making a point??? That's just beyond stupid.


Tang Man wrote:
As for Jordan, yep I am sure his team won 60+ games that season like Nash's Sun's did and had home court advantage as well. To mention a 2nd rate star like Amare with Jordan is really embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing when someone just relies on statistics without ever taken into account the context those stats were achieved.



So after you get your ***** handed to you, you make additional qualifiers???? Was Jordan uninfluentail against Boston, or was he simply playing a better team???


Tang Man wrote:
As for an assist. A turnaround jumper DOES count as long as the player don't dribble it about 5 times. An assist is a pass that leads directly to a basket. It doesn't have to be an OPEN one. What sort of shot did Terry Teagle take when Magic become the all time assist leader? What about Karl Malone when John Stockton broke Magic's milestone.


So, you're going to argue that a cross screen(you don't know what that is) for Malone getting him open is the same as dropping a post pass to someone for a turnaround jumper??? How often do you see anyone on that list coming off a screen and shooting a quick turnaround like that??

Admit it, you're wrong about Amare being an assisted scorer. He can get plenty of points on his own, and he often does. Nash makes him better, but so what, he obviously makes Nash better as well.

He made the 1st team regardless of what you say, and no amount of talking actually makes it look like a joke or whatever you said.

Oh, heh heh, I didn't see your Shaq argument. Do you actually think that's why the Suns brought him in??? Steve Kerr wanted to create a half-court style team. That's why he brought in Terry Porter as well. The Suns are looking like idiots for doing it to. So great way to make an argument, point to a move that makes a team worse, and say it proves something.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

Oh, so now we're distinguishing between how a series is won??? So since the Sixer won game 1 it's better than winning game 4?? Maybe the Spurs weren't interested in sweeping like L.A. fans tried to say after the 01 Finals were over.



Clearly talking to a delusional person here. Let me ask you how many teams in the NBA have come back to win a series from 3-0 down moron? How many teams have gone on to win a series after taking game 1? If you don't believe a win in game 1 is better than a win in game 4 when 3-0 down, then you have got serious problems bro. You have clearly been OWNED and it's only in your delusional world that you continue to carry on as if you have won the argument. The more you write the more embarrassing it is for you. The person who claims to be never wrong. LMFAO! Just be a man and admit you were WRONG.

tharock220 wrote:

Refresh my memory, didn't the Suns(with Amare) beat the Mavs in 2005??? Who did they lose to in the conference Finals the very next year(without Amare). Is this a real argument??? Are you actually going to compare the Suns playing two different teams in the WCF in two different years and pretend you're making a point??? That's just beyond stupid.


Mavs beat the Spurs and made the finals. Suns with non factor Amare wasn't even competitive. Your counter arguement brio.

tharock220 wrote:

So after you get your ***** handed to you, you make additional qualifiers???? Was Jordan uninfluentail against Boston, or was he simply playing a better team???


Handed? Only in your delusional world bro. So you're saying Jordan's 30-52 Bulls team taking on a 67-15 Celtics team is the same as the Suns 62-20 taking a 59-23 Spurs team? You're clearly a joke. There is NOTHING left for me to say about such a dumb a$$ basketball fan.

tharock220 wrote:
So, you're going to argue that a cross screen(you don't know what that is) for Malone getting him open is the same as dropping a post pass to someone for a turnaround jumper??? How often do you see anyone on that list coming off a screen and shooting a quick turnaround like that??


I don't know what cross screen is just as much as you probably don't know what a dribble is. :oops: Malone was so OPEN that he had to take a dribble to balance himself for the shot.


tharock220 wrote:
Steve Kerr wanted to create a half-court style team. That's why he brought in Terry Porter as well.


Eaxactly. He bought Shaq in because Amare wasn't man enough to handle having a half court offense run through him in the post. Glad that you at least admitted to that bro.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 6 of 8
72 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron