<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Why has Yao never been 1st Team All-NBA????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:
if u wanna talk stats, less than 10rebs per game, a measly 1.7blocks per game..oh and he leads the team in turnovers with a whopping guard-like 3.10 :roll:

C'MON......you know I'm NOT just talking about stats. :roll:

EVEN IF
I'm talking about stats....name me one other current Rockets that averaged higher rebounds and blocking shots than Yao Ming.

To say Yao Ming is a liability in Rockets defense is PURELY HATER'S TALK. PERIOD. :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
lakerfool wrote:
Amare is showing his value now without D'Antoni

Dwight Howard is better than Yao but Yao is easily the second best center in the league.

Get your mouth off of McLady's ballsak 'Rock. Kobe took his team to the finales without Shaq. McLady can't do ANYTHING right.

Yeah, Amare is really worthless averaging 21ppg, and what do Kobe and McGrady have to do with anything??? I guess you lose again.

Quote:
WHEN was the last time that either Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard owned Big Yao in the their head-to-head encounter??

Unfortunately the Rockets don't play the Magic and Heat every night. Howard for example, has never been turned into a non-factor against the Golden State Warriors or had to be taken out of the game because of a jumpshooting center.

What you're saying is similar to saying Carlos Boozer is better than Yao because of what he did to him in the 07 playoff series.

Quote:
BTW, the fact that Amare was ever voted 1st team NBA is turning out to be a real joke.

Why was it a joke??? He was the leading scorer and rebounder on a 61 win team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:23 am
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:22 pm
I gotta go with Pryuen on this one. Calling yao a defensive liability would be wrong at this stage of his career.

but I get what you're probably trying to say. Yao's lateral movements and slower reaction time on the floor against quick guards and forwards leave him prone to fouling especially when coaches and players go at him to draw the foul ALL THE TIME. That's what most intelligent coaches do to get BIG centers out of the game. Even Shaq was prone to fouling quicker players who intentionally went at him.

It doesn't mean Yao is a liability on the floor. Most quick forwards and guards know how to play him now. Yao is adjusting and has quickly learned to avoid picking up stupid fouls albeit at the expense of him challenging most shots. But his mere presence and skill inside against BIGs is no joke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 am
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:22 pm
Amare got all-defense award because of his hype and intimidation factor--similar to how he won the ROY award. He's a hella shotblocker but I wouldn't call him a consistent defensive player. He has quick reflexes and good timing but his lateral movement and jumping has diminished post knee surgery.

Yao IS intimidating but most guys want to knock him because he is Chinese. He'll finally win an all-defense award when he takes his team deep into the playoffs without Tmac--OR after Howard has won atleast several consecutive NBA awards and people start feeling sorry for Yao while he truly contemplates retirement. As global as NBA has become it still is conservative and stereotypical. So is NFL football.

But I still like watching both VERY MUCH. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:43 am
You must be smoking something special. Dwight is not better than Yao, he is way behind in terms of skills and IQ of the game. He might be faster, and dunks maybe three times more than Yao, but he is not better. Dwight is a liability in many aspect of the game, while the only way to shut Yao down is double, triple team.

Dwight is better rebounder, that is it.

lakerfool wrote:
Amare is showing his value now without D'Antoni

Dwight Howard is better than Yao but Yao is easily the second best center in the league.

Get your mouth off of McLady's ballsak 'Rock. Kobe took his team to the finales without Shaq. McLady can't do ANYTHING right.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:13 am
The debate between Yao and Dwight is so childish.

First of all, Yao and Dwight are two different types of player. Yao is more closely like Duncan than Dwight. and Dwight is closely play like Amare than Yao. we are comparing apple to orange.

Second, Fans are different. Some think Yao is better because they value BB as a team sport and they see it more in traditional sense.
Some are more a fan of the action. They see BB is a action for excitements.

Dwight will give u more excitements based on his game, but Yao will get you more wins.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:05 am
User avatarPosts: 12417Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
battousai wrote:
The debate between Yao and Dwight is so childish.

First of all, Yao and Dwight are two different types of player.
fyi, they both play the Center position.

the comparison / debate about who is better is a valid one

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am
Posts: 299Location: mineapolisJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:56 am
i dont understand why debating yao-howard would be so childish? Im not understanding your point...they both center ...play in the same era....and are the focal point of their team!!
Yao is clearly a better offensive player than howard but overall Howard is better...
Yao doesnt get you more win than howard...see the record of their team...
I love yao but this year Howard is clearly #1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:50 am
Posts: 125Location: ChicagoJoined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am
nig1 wrote:
well he's a failure in the playoffs, a liability on defense, is not a crunch time player (although he's getting better), injury prone, and Dwight Howard has surpassed him. At least he's gonna be a 20-time All-Star :lol:

Failure in playoffs, liability on defense, blabla, nig1 is right here on everything about Yao. Yao still needs to prove himself in the playoffs. That's for sure.

But Howard surpassed Yao? Howard is a joke, nig1;did you even watch the game last night against Celtics? What those refs did sucks, they will blow the whistle at no time whenever body contact with Howard. Howard is a joke, a supersupersuper center who doesn't even know a hook shot. That's why he got owned each single time against Yao. His dunks are scary, but his FG, FT no better than Hayes. The guy is a joke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 12417Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
let me preface my comments by saying that i've been a Yao fan, and have admired his hard work and accomplishments in the NBA.
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
But Howard surpassed Yao? Howard is a joke,
cleary, D Howard has been the best center in the NBA, at least this season.
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
Howard is a joke, a supersupersuper center who doesn't even know a hook shot.
obviously, u don't know much about the NBA. knowing how to shoot a hook shot is not a requirement to be a superstar. fyi, Shaq, D Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Moses Malone, Alonzo Morning, etc., just to name a few, never had a hook shot.

Neither did Chamberlain.

Howard is better in rebounding, shot-blocking, defending and running the court. Yao is much better at the FT line, and a better outside shot. Howard can handle Double even triple team; by comparison, Yao has been pathetic.

overall, Howard has been a better Center.
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
That's why he got owned each single time against Yao. His dunks are scary, but his FG, FT no better than Hayes. The guy is a joke.
counter point, it is a joke that Yao, after 6 yrs in the NBA, still hasn't show that he can play BIG nor handle the D-team. bordering on pathetic.

for a 7'5" center, he is a poor rebounder and does a poor job blocking out on rebounders.

too, Yao, from time to time, is proned to brain-dead plays,
    such as shooting a 2pt shot in the winding seconds of a game
    in which his team was down by 3

Offline Profile