<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Why has Yao never been 1st Team All-NBA????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
His two rivals in the middle, Amare and Howard, have both made the 1st team. When will Yao be honored as the NBA's best center???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:22 pm
Racism

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
tharock220 wrote:
His two rivals in the middle, Amare and Howard, have both made the 1st team. When will Yao be honored as the NBA's best center???

Do you REALLY think that Amercians/NBA officials want to admit an Asian, specifically a Chinese, a foreigner, to be playing better basketball than the Americans, given basketball is considered their national sport??? :roll:

WHEN was the last time that either Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard owned Big Yao in the their head-to-head encounter??

If I remembered correctly, it was Big Yao owning them
time and time again.

And what do you think are the reasons that Big Yao's officiating had always been an issue that he had yet got the respect from the officials??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
as a Yao fan, I dont really care what others think of Yao. he's come a long way. who would've thought he could become the player he is now? not me. to be honest, i felt embarrassed by his very first dozen games. i wasn't a yao believer back then. i thought i would be very very happy if he could just become a rotation player. but Yao worked his butt off and it paid off. he's steadily improved his game and become one of the best bigs in the league. and that's why i like him. his work ethic, professionalism and passion for the game are what every yao fan should be pround of. those are more than enough reasons for me to become a loyal yao fan. as for whether he's regarded the best center in the league, i don't care.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

Is it not obvious to you????? How about injuries.

BTW, the fact that Amare was ever voted 1st team NBA is turning out to be a real joke.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:31 pm
Amare is showing his value now without D'Antoni

Dwight Howard is better than Yao but Yao is easily the second best center in the league.

Get your mouth off of McLady's ballsak 'Rock. Kobe took his team to the finales without Shaq. McLady can't do ANYTHING right.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
tharock220 wrote:

In the 06-07 Season, Yao should've been in the NBA first team but injury cut his season short. Same thing can be said about 07-08-season. I do feel that Yao really deserved the NBA first team in the 06-07season even though he got injured.

pryuen wrote:

WHEN was the last time that either Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard owned Big Yao in the their head-to-head encounter??

If I remembered correctly, it was Big Yao owning them
time and time again.

It doesn't matter if you win the head to head matchups, whats more important is if you can stay healthy and play consistently good throughout the whole season. Yao was injured and was inconsistent start of the season even though he outplayed Dwight. However Dwight was able to stay healthy and dominate the rest of the league, that's why he got the NBA first team last year. Deron Williams outplayed Chris Paul last year but still didn't get all nba first team.

Last edited by supraman on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
well he's a failure in the playoffs, a liability on defense, is not a crunch time player (although he's getting better), injury prone, and Dwight Howard has surpassed him. At least he's gonna be a 20-time All-Star :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:
well he's a failure in the playoffs, a liability on defense, is not a crunch time player (although he's getting better), injury prone, and Dwight Howard has surpassed him. At least he's gonna be a 20-time All-Star :lol:

Yeah the highest rebounding and shot-blocking player in your team is a liability in defense. GENIUS !!! :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
if u wanna talk stats, less than 10rebs per game, a measly 1.7blocks per game..oh and he leads the team in turnovers with a whopping guard-like 3.10 :roll: Oh, and Yao is top 3 in dreaded Eddy Curry line http://busersports.com/categories/curry-line/ While strictly for fantasy purposes, falling behind Zach Randolph and Corey Maguette is pretty terrible. Unless Dwight Howard falls off the wagon, I don't see Yao making 1st team anytime soon. Of course this could change, if he at least causes noise in the playoffs.

Offline Profile