<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  08/09 Game 3: Rockets vs. Thunder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Big Yao in pregame practice/warm-up...........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
The other Rockets in the pregame warmup/practice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
yao's 16 pts is likely to cost his POW award, which chris paul is making a strong case for.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:38 pm

Big Yao in action.........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
supraman wrote:

Yao is doing a lot worse than Tmac imo.

The +/- for TMAC in this game was -1.

Big Yao and Ron Artest were both +13.

And even though TMAC was the highest scorer with 22 points (6/15 FG% 1/4 3-pointer, 9/10 FT%)/7 rebounds/5 assists, he was not even instrumental in 4th quarter, when led by Big Yao and Ron Artest, the Rockets stretched the lead to 15 to 16 points and sort of set the tone for the win before TMAC went on court.

Yao didn't play too well in my view. Missed a lot of chances underneath the basket. The team played down to the level of Oklahoma City at times. It should have been a blow out and Yao should have been on the bench in the 4th Q, while bench players should play out the garbage time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:48 pm
The Rockets in action............

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
wow, i didn't think people on this board still watched Yao... But, did anybody else feel that Yao's vertical leap has gone down a bit this season. He was obviously never a great leaper, but I just notice that he jumps very little nowadays inside the paint, as in lower than before. Or am I just hallucinating, because of watching too much yi jianlian these days?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Some of the rare guests/spectators at the game......

Liu Xiang and his coach Sun Haiping, and other officials from Chinese Track & Field Association were accompanied by Yao Ming's father and wife, Ye Li to cheer and rave support for Big Yao in this game with the Oklahoma City Thunders.

And for the 2nd consecutive game in Toyota Centre, Rudy Tomjanovich showed up at the courtside. Is he coming back to the Houston Rockets with a role??

And Ron Artest's son and Brent Barry's son were also there joining their fathers in the pregame warm-up/practice.

Last edited by pryuen on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
wow, i didn't think people on this board still watched Yao... But, did anybody else feel that Yao's vertical leap has gone down a bit this season. He was obviously never a great leaper, but I just notice that he jumps very little nowadays inside the paint, as in lower than before. Or am I just hallucinating, because of watching too much yi jianlian these days?

Why wouldn't people watch Yao? This could be Yao and the Rockets greatest season ever. This is the TIME to watch Yao and the Rockets. I paid for league pass this season so I don't miss any Rockets games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:

maybe he's just getting smarter, utilizing his size and hight more effectively. and it's never a good idea for yao to jump. the more he jumps, the more vulnerable he's to get injured coz he doesn't have a good balance.

Offline Profile WWW