Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Houston Rockets In Training (October 21, 2008)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

Instead of worrying maybe they should be spending more time on the development of basketball in China, so that CNT will have no problems beating teams like Australia and New Zealand. Relying solely on Yao to gain qualification is NOT a solid plan that is going to succeed down road. It's pretty clear that a lot of CNT players aren't up to international level and something MUST be done to improve their junior development program. For example why can't they produce any decent guards when there is such a large talent pool available. Yao retiring from the national team is the best thing both for HIMSELF AND CNT. Once these official realize that they can't relied on him anymore, maybe they'll get off their backside and do something about improving the standard of basketball development in China.


Well, when asked what's his view on the prospects of China facing tougher competition in wake of Australia and New Zealand joining the Asian Basketball Association, Yao Ming said: "Definitely there will be much more exchange and competition by having Australia and New Zealand included into the Asian zone. People at different positions might have different perspective/concerns; China might not be able to secure Asian Championship in the short term, or may not be winning Asian Championships as easily as they did in the past, but when viewed in a long term perspective, the standard of Chinese basketball will surely be raised. So which will you choose? (i.e. Continue to be easily winning Asian champions in the short term, or standards of Chinese basketball be raised in the long term?)"


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:06 pm
Posts: 17907Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
Tang Man wrote:

Instead of worrying maybe they should be spending more time on the development of basketball in China, so that CNT will have no problems beating teams like Australia and New Zealand. Relying solely on Yao to gain qualification is NOT a solid plan that is going to succeed down road. It's pretty clear that a lot of CNT players aren't up to international level and something MUST be done to improve their junior development program. For example why can't they produce any decent guards when there is such a large talent pool available. Yao retiring from the national team is the best thing both for HIMSELF AND CNT. Once these official realize that they can't relied on him anymore, maybe they'll get off their backside and do something about improving the standard of basketball development in China.


Well, when asked what's his view on the prospects of China facing tougher competition in wake of Australia and New Zealand joining the Asian Basketball Association, Yao Ming said: "Definitely there will be much more exchange and competition by having Australia and New Zealand included into the Asian zone. People at different positions might have different perspective/concerns; China might not be able to secure Asian Championship in the short term, or may not be winning Asian Championships as easily as they did in the past, but when viewed in a long term perspective, the standard of Chinese basketball will surely be raised. So which will you choose? (i.e. Continue to be easily winning Asian champions in the short term, or standards of Chinese basketball be raised in the long term?)"


Why did you ask such a dumb question? What a moron you are?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:

Why did you ask such a dumb question? What a moron you are?


You're calling yourself a moron, right?? Supermoronicjean?? :roll:

I don't think Big Yao had said anything wrong. He was asked whether he was concerned about Australia and New Zealand joining the Asian zone. I think he gave the most appropriate answer.



Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
Quote:
Instead of worrying maybe they should be spending more time on the development of basketball in China, so that CNT will have no problems beating teams like Australia and New Zealand. Relying solely on Yao to gain qualification is NOT a solid plan that is going to succeed down road. It's pretty clear that a lot of CNT players aren't up to international level and something MUST be done to improve their junior development program. For example why can't they produce any decent guards when there is such a large talent pool available. Yao retiring from the national team is the best thing both for HIMSELF AND CNT. Once these official realize that they can't relied on him anymore, maybe they'll get off their backside and do something about improving the standard of basketball development in China.


Im sure the CBA bureacrats care a lot about money and ticket sales so they really want Yao to be playing for them at this moment.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 17907Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

Why did you ask such a dumb question? What a moron you are?


You're calling yourself a moron, right?? Supermoronicjean?? :roll:

I don't think Big Yao had said anything wrong. He was asked whether he was concerned about Australia and New Zealand joining the Asian zone. I think he gave the most appropriate answer.



I was talking about you, not Yao. Why did you ask such a dumb question? What a moron you are?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:04 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
I was talking about you, not Yao. Why did you ask such a dumb question? What a moron you are?


Hey.....I did not ask the question. It's the reporters at the courtside at Toyota Centre in Houston asking the question.

MORON !! :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

CBA officials and Lu Hao, Yao Ming's China agent dismissed the speculation over Big Yao's "retirement" from the China national team.


Quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/7905646

China dismisses speculation
over Yao 'retirement'

Reuters
Wednesday October 22 2008 BEIJING

Oct 22 (Reuters) -
Chinese basketball officials have denied local media reports that NBA All-Star Yao Ming is set to retire from international basketball.

The 7ft-6in (2.286m) Houston Rockets center has always insisted on representing his country as well as playing in the NBA, a year-round schedule which critics say makes him vulnerable to the injuries that have hampered his career.

The 28-year-old said before August's Olympics that Beijing would be his last Games and a report in a Shanghai newspaper on Tuesday said he no longer felt able to commit his time to the national team.

"We do not know anything about this. He has never told us of his intention of retiring. Never," Hu Jiashi, deputy director of the Chinese Basketball Association, told the China Daily newspaper.

Yao's China agent said the report was irresponsible.

"I have never heard of Yao planning to retire," he told the paper. "Yao proved he was fully devoted to the national team in the Olympics even if he just returned from injury."

The six-times All-Star, China's most popular and wealthiest sportsman, had to battle back from a stress fracture in his left foot to lead his country to eighth place at the Olympics.

After the tournament, Yao sidestepped questions about returning for a fourth Olympics in London in 2012, when he would be approaching his 32nd birthday.

"Four years ago, I thought 2008 would not be far away, but I had three major operations over that time," he said.

China's next major tournament will be the 2010 world championships in Turkey.

(Reporting by Nick Mulvenney; Editing by John O'Brien)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:07 am
Posts: 17907Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
The NBA is building 12 arenas in China and will set up their league in China to compete with the CBA.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:12 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
The commies will not let Yao retire on his own free will. He will be forced to play meaningless tournaments as long as they dictate. Remember, the govt. has power, not the individual. If Yao decides to retire, that would be a slap to the face of higher ranking officials. Behind close door, they will threaten/reprimand Yao if he speaks of retiring. Of course, Yao will then spin the story to the media and say he has not intention of retiring and will continue representing his country.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
nig1 wrote:
The commies will not let Yao retire on his own free will. He will be forced to play meaningless tournaments as long as they dictate. Remember, the govt. has power, not the individual. If Yao decides to retire, that would be a slap to the face of higher ranking officials. Behind close door, they will threaten/reprimand Yao if he speaks of retiring. Of course, Yao will then spin the story to the media and say he has not intention of retiring and will continue representing his country.


i agree don't look like the chinese goverment or fiba will allow yao ming to ever retire on his own they probably going to allow him to have extra babies so they can geneticaly alter his offspring to be males and be more athletic, like creating drago from rocky i dont remember the number 4 or 5 :lol:


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 2 of 3
22 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron