Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author Message

<  The Olympics  ~  US Cyclists want apology from USOC

WiseYao
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Nov 2006 Posts: 924
I think it is fine to have their argument to be expressed, even thought it is quite amusing. Got to love this country because every one has a turn to make a case.

Was not really happy with Palin' personal eMails to be leaked. The Internet has wielded too much power of probing into people's privacy.

American is a great country with great minds who would right the ship at ciritical times. Long live U.S.A.

TheSmoket wrote:
updated today Smile

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news;_ylt=AgAGiRT1CgJci4SvgZh03KTQ1Zl4?slug=ap-cyclists-masks&prov=ap&type=lgns


sad sad sad. the more this story goes on, It just makes the cyclists look worse and worse.
they should have just taken their lumps and be done with it.
View user's profile Send private message
pryuen
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Feb 2003 Posts: 48932 Location: Hong Kong/China
WiseYao wrote:
I think it is fine to have their argument to be expressed, even thought it is quite amusing. Got to love this country because every one has a turn to make a case.


There is freedom of expression of course....... but don't you think these cyclists are abusing it to a certain extent?? Rolling Eyes

The more they dwell on the case, the more stupid and childish they look to the world.
They said they have been treated like children. Well the matter of the fact is they had been acting like children. Of all the 15,000 athletes arriving at Beijing, they were the only ones stupid and arrogant enough to wear the masks inside the airport, without even attempting to see if the air outside was really that polluted.

They made fools of themselves by doing so, and now they turned their agony/disgrace to finger-point and blame someone else, and asked for someone's head to be rolled.
Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message
WiseYao
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Nov 2006 Posts: 924
When Liu Xiang's coach got the pressure from his boss to win, he could not talk back. (But he was smart enough to let the word out to the media, and so we knew he was under great pressure.)

In U.S., it is less likely that the coach or athletes to be given pressure one way or another. In this rare case, the athletes were given some pressure to apologize. They had good points there, which is like, you gave me the masks, so we wore it. Don't blame on us. legitimate, but nonstanding. My point is not here.

In U.S. if no one would speak out under seemingly unreasonable pressure/unfair treatment., then it is real trouble.


pryuen wrote:
There is freedom of expression of course....... but don't you think these cyclists are abusing it to a certain extent?? Rolling Eyes

The more they dwell on the case, the more stupid and childish they look to the world.
They said they have been treated like children. Well the matter of the fact is they had been acting like children. Of all the 15,000 athletes arriving at Beijing, they were the only ones stupid and arrogant enough to wear the masks inside the airport, without even attempting to see if the air outside was really that polluted.

They made fools of themselves by doing so, and now they turned their agony/disgrace to finger-point and blame someone else, and asked for someone's head to be rolled.
Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message
pryuen
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Feb 2003 Posts: 48932 Location: Hong Kong/China
WiseYao wrote:
They had good points there, which is like, you gave me the masks, so we wore it. Don't blame on us. legitimate, but nonstanding.


If I'm not mistaken, every US athletes (and some other countries' athletes, too) were given masks. Did they wear it at the airport? These cyclists should have used their brain to think like adults, and not like children. When they acted like children, they should be responsible for their stupidity and arrogance, and therefore they should be the one to apologize for causing that embarrassment, with or without pressure from the above.
View user's profile Send private message
shokenchi
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Nov 2004 Posts: 7900 Location: Guangxi
pryuen wrote:
WiseYao wrote:
They had good points there, which is like, you gave me the masks, so we wore it. Don't blame on us. legitimate, but nonstanding.


If I'm not mistaken, every US athletes (and some other countries' athletes, too) were given masks. Did they wear it at the airport? These cyclists should have used their brain to think like adults, and not like children. When they acted like children, they should be responsible for their stupidity and arrogance, and therefore they should be the one to apologize for causing that embarrassment, with or without pressure from the above.

they deserve gold medal for sour grapes. wait till london to see if they can win anything. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message
GoYao
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Mar 2003 Posts: 4472 Location: LA
None of these loser cyclist came close to smell a medal - so what da heck r they whining about?

What they did is arrogant and classless, typical obnoxious American white trash. They should be chided like children and I applaud it. If they want to act like children, they will be treated like one.
View user's profile Send private message
LAYAOFan
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 1032
GoYao wrote:
None of these loser cyclist came close to smell a medal - so what da heck r they whining about?


exactly...they are only prolonging their embarassment. They should "man up" and just say they gave it their best, but their best wasn't good enough...nothing to be ashamed of...but now they are looking like fools.
View user's profile Send private message
YY2008
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Dec 2007 Posts: 1543
USOC also gave these cyclist condoms, they also wore the condoms when arriving in Beijing airport. So, u cant blame them for wearing what's given to them. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum