<  The Olympics  ~  Yao Ming: Current CNT Is the Strongest in Chinese History

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:07 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

An exclusive interview of Yao Ming right after the end of his 2008 Olympic journey by Yang Yi of Titan Sports.

ENJOY !!! :P :P :P

[quote][size=109]

http://national.basketball.titan24.com/ ... 07346.html

Reporter Yang Yi of Titan Sports reports from Beijing

On this final day (of his 2008 Olympic journey), Yao Ming decided to talk about many things.

When he sat down at the table of the post-match press conference, Yao Ming seemed quite relaxed and tranquil. His prologue (in the press conference) was:[b]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:43 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
yes it's the strongest but other teams around the world are improving as well. that's why we still finished w/ no.8. can't believe it's the 1st ever stitches WZZ's got, which says a lot about how tough or lack there of he is.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
i'm watching the women's team playing Australia right now, and they are a pretty crappy team, definitely worse than the Men's team. Getting killed on the glass, nobody boxing out,

I don't get it, these women aren't that tall, the center is like what? like 6-5 or 6-6, why is their reaction time so damn slow?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 am
User avatarPosts: 1043Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:37 pm
seiya wrote:
yes it's the strongest but other teams around the world are improving as well. that's why we still finished w/ no.8. can't believe it's the 1st ever stitches WZZ's got, which says a lot about how tough or lack there of he is.

Shows how very soft he is...I've been cut several times in the face playing ball and have had several stitches...and I'm a guard, not a center who's "supposed" to be battling in the paint.

Frankly, I hope WZZ does not play anymore for the CNT because his demeanor is just terrible and he epitomizes what is wrong with the CNT. I'm quite sure if he had dedicated himself half as much as Yao he'd have a nice career in the NBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 am
User avatarPosts: 15458Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Great interview. Good job Pryuen.

It was very insightful and Yao have matured, even though he still have a very romantic view of the world.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:57 am
Posts: 125Location: ChicagoJoined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am
Malorkayel wrote:
even though he still have a very romantic view of the world.

LIKE WHAT??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 am
User avatarPosts: 15458Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
even though he still have a very romantic view of the world.

LIKE WHAT??

Like this

[quote][b]if I set for myself a goal, then it should be a much loftier goal, and I know I

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:15 am
The '96 is still better. Better shooters, better guards. Tough pf. Not as good center obviously, but in international game, outside shooting and strong guard play trumps strong center play.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 am
User avatarPosts: 2681Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
[quote="pryuen"]

[quote][size=109]
Yao Ming:
As of now, for tonight, I really don

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:
The '96 is still better. Better shooters, better guards. Tough pf. Not as good center obviously, but in international game, outside shooting and strong guard play trumps strong center play.

The current team minus Yao won't beat the 96 Team. That team had better guards and better shooting, and can play a better transition game. Obviously with Yao, they can easily beat that team, cos no one on that team can guard Yao.

Offline Profile WWW