Author Message

<  The Olympics  ~  china vs spain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:35 am
User avatarPosts: 15469Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
shokenchi wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
That Ricky Rubio kid isn't all that great, but he's extremely sneaky. It's like he knows all the dirty tricks and he has very long arms and likes to steal the second the opponent receives the ball.

He also always set up defensively at mid court and throw out his body for a big bump and swipe. Either trying to draw a charge, bump the opponent out of bond or get a steal.

Kid is very sneaky, he also threw some fancy assists and had some turnovers. He looks to draw fouls on fast breaks instead of just laying it up.

the kid can steal but stealing from cnt is a joke cuz guards like liu wei cant handle the ball when being pressed hard. he couldnt hold his ground against chen jianghua which is interesting cuz i thought he's really fast.


Rubio played a little game with Chen JH. Watch as Chen receive the inbound pass and when he dribble crossing the half court line.

Rubio almost had steals very time, the refs bailed Chen out a lot.

Rubio isn't know for speed, he's known for playing smart. So, Spain won and Rubio didn't look panicked in the 4th quarter. Yet, I thought he would have scored more, but he did throw a lot of ally oop passes to Gasol.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:39 am
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
That Ricky Rubio kid isn't all that great, but he's extremely sneaky. It's like he knows all the dirty tricks and he has very long arms and likes to steal the second the opponent receives the ball.

He also always set up defensively at mid court and throw out his body for a big bump and swipe. Either trying to draw a charge, bump the opponent out of bond or get a steal.

Kid is very sneaky, he also threw some fancy assists and had some turnovers. He looks to draw fouls on fast breaks instead of just laying it up.

the kid can steal but stealing from cnt is a joke cuz guards like liu wei cant handle the ball when being pressed hard. he couldnt hold his ground against chen jianghua which is interesting cuz i thought he's really fast.


Rubio played a little game with Chen JH. Watch as Chen receive the inbound pass and when he dribble crossing the half court line.

Rubio almost had steals very time, the refs bailed Chen out a lot.

Rubio isn't know for speed, he's known for playing smart. So, Spain won and Rubio didn't look panicked in the 4th quarter. Yet, I thought he would have scored more, but he did throw a lot of ally oop passes to Gasol.

all the balls he stole from chen was part of chen's carelessness. if u watched carefully, chen didnt get bothered being guarded by rubio, went passed him almost every time, but liu wei on the other hand, turned the ball over 2 times which was disgusting. i only hope cnt play like they did the first 3 quarters of this game the rest of the way and i dare to say they can medal.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Kopio wrote:
I'm waiting to see Yao's reaction after this game.
What will he say to the press?


He said the game should never have been brought into over time;

He thought the national team had made tremandous improvement in the past 4 years; just one more fast break from China was what they had needed to beat Spain.

He also said the Spaniards just took too lightly of them; therefore he said the national team should not take the Angolans too lightly, and should play with the same intensity and passion, and should focus on 1 game at a time....Angola, Germany and then Greece.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:46 am
Posts: 391Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:28 am
pryuen wrote:
Kopio wrote:
I'm waiting to see Yao's reaction after this game.
What will he say to the press?


He said the game should never have been brought into over time;

He thought the national team had made tremandous improvement in the past 4 years; just one more fast break from China was what they had needed to beat Spain.

He also said the Spaniards just took too lightly of them; therefore he said the national team should not take the Angolans too lightly, and should play with the same intensity and passion, and should focus on 1 game at a time....Angola, Germany and then Greece.




How do u get all this stuff? What are u watching?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:48 am
User avatarPosts: 15469Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
shokenchi wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
That Ricky Rubio kid isn't all that great, but he's extremely sneaky. It's like he knows all the dirty tricks and he has very long arms and likes to steal the second the opponent receives the ball.

He also always set up defensively at mid court and throw out his body for a big bump and swipe. Either trying to draw a charge, bump the opponent out of bond or get a steal.

Kid is very sneaky, he also threw some fancy assists and had some turnovers. He looks to draw fouls on fast breaks instead of just laying it up.

the kid can steal but stealing from cnt is a joke cuz guards like liu wei cant handle the ball when being pressed hard. he couldnt hold his ground against chen jianghua which is interesting cuz i thought he's really fast.


Rubio played a little game with Chen JH. Watch as Chen receive the inbound pass and when he dribble crossing the half court line.

Rubio almost had steals very time, the refs bailed Chen out a lot.

Rubio isn't know for speed, he's known for playing smart. So, Spain won and Rubio didn't look panicked in the 4th quarter. Yet, I thought he would have scored more, but he did throw a lot of ally oop passes to Gasol.

all the balls he stole from chen was part of chen's carelessness. if u watched carefully, chen didnt get bothered being guarded by rubio, went passed him almost every time, but liu wei on the other hand, turned the ball over 2 times which was disgusting. i only hope cnt play like they did the first 3 quarters of this game the rest of the way and i dare to say they can medal.


Yeah, Liu Wei had a mental breakdown there. Almost 5 or 6 people on the forum saw it as it was happening. I was screaming and posted cheering for Lui Wei not to breakdown, but it happened anyway.

Now I have a minute to think about it, I blame the coach. Near the end, only Wang Zhizhi was scoring and he threw up some amazing shots. Anyone with half a brain knew this wouldn't last. In stead of betting on Yao, I would have let the guards chuck shots or set up screens for Zhu FY. Then pack everyone in the paint in zone defense.

Oh well, games over, so we can BS what ifs. Doesn't matter now.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:52 am
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
That Ricky Rubio kid isn't all that great, but he's extremely sneaky. It's like he knows all the dirty tricks and he has very long arms and likes to steal the second the opponent receives the ball.

He also always set up defensively at mid court and throw out his body for a big bump and swipe. Either trying to draw a charge, bump the opponent out of bond or get a steal.

Kid is very sneaky, he also threw some fancy assists and had some turnovers. He looks to draw fouls on fast breaks instead of just laying it up.

the kid can steal but stealing from cnt is a joke cuz guards like liu wei cant handle the ball when being pressed hard. he couldnt hold his ground against chen jianghua which is interesting cuz i thought he's really fast.


Rubio played a little game with Chen JH. Watch as Chen receive the inbound pass and when he dribble crossing the half court line.

Rubio almost had steals very time, the refs bailed Chen out a lot.

Rubio isn't know for speed, he's known for playing smart. So, Spain won and Rubio didn't look panicked in the 4th quarter. Yet, I thought he would have scored more, but he did throw a lot of ally oop passes to Gasol.

all the balls he stole from chen was part of chen's carelessness. if u watched carefully, chen didnt get bothered being guarded by rubio, went passed him almost every time, but liu wei on the other hand, turned the ball over 2 times which was disgusting. i only hope cnt play like they did the first 3 quarters of this game the rest of the way and i dare to say they can medal.


Yeah, Liu Wei had a mental breakdown there. Almost 5 or 6 people on the forum saw it as it was happening. I was screaming and posted cheering for Lui Wei not to breakdown, but it happened anyway.

Now I have a minute to think about it, I blame the coach. Near the end, only Wang Zhizhi was scoring and he threw up some amazing shots. Anyone with half a brain knew this wouldn't last. In stead of betting on Yao, I would have let the guards chuck shots or set up screens for Zhu FY. Then pack everyone in the paint in zone defense.

Oh well, games over, so we can BS what ifs. Doesn't matter now.

yeah i just hope they rebound for upcoming games because i now know they can beat the rest of the teams if they play hard like this game for the first 3 quarters. i need to go shower and head to bed. peace out from this thread.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:18 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Felt so bad about this game.

We should have won, if not for:


  • In the 4Q, the CNT should try to control the tempo, and play patiently with the Spaniards, as they already had a 14-point lead into the 4Q.
  • Jonas Kazlauskas should have rested Yao Ming middle of 4Q to give him breather for finishing the game. Instead, he kept Big Yao there for his 4th foul, as Big Yao's energy was fully exhausted.
  • Jonas Kazlauskas should use Wang Zhizhi in overtime rather than Big Yao who could barely move at that time. So having Big Yao on court at the very beginning of the OT risk him fouling out early.
And once Big Yao got fouled out, you know the game was over.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:22 am
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
yaozaroni wrote:


How do u get all this stuff? What are u watching?


CCTV5 live. Yao Ming was interviewed immediately right after the game, still huffing and puffing, but could not hide away his disappointment that the CNT let go of the win in a poorly played 4Q.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:32 am
Posts: 238Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm
I'm going to burn the Spain flag because Team Spain took that idiotic slanting their eyes picture.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:33 am
Posts: 532Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:36 pm
I bring nothing positive away from the game. Losses mean nothing good to me. The only good thing would be if China continued to play well against Angola and especially Germany and Greece.

Yao needs to play 200% better. And Yi. It's sad that the best players for China were Liu, Zhu, and Wang (ZhiZhi).

And interesting post from another international basketball forum, from a Greek fan:

Quote:
I would love to have Fangyu in PAO as a small forward. That guy has an incredible form on his jump shot and he's athletic. He gets his shot off easily and quickly and man is that thing pretty. That guy should be playing in the Euroleague level IMO.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 23 of 30
291 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum