<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #72: Minnesota Timberwolves vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
Kedroc wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
Kedroc wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
where you at fernandez? barcelona or madrid?

Oviedo in Asturias man =)

oh you north near the coast of biscay?

That's it buddy. It's not a very big city but everybody loves it... it's very known by its Cathedral and other landmarks :P

We even got a Woody Allen statue!! :D (He came to see it when Los Premios Principe de Asturias were celebrated!!)

That's the statue

And that's me next to it haha

thats cool, you not that far from pamplona, you ever do the bull run? i would like to do that at least once.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
i hope we posted enough for you to do another game thread red. maybe start another streak heh?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 58874Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Well, this is sort of a boring win-as-expected game.....

But the good part of it was that we're able to see all those players we love and missed, Big Yao and Steve Francis, and the celebration/recognition Deke "Uncle" Mutombo recieved for his career and contribution to NBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:37 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
"I just can't seem to find the rhythm," McGrady said. "But the fourth quarter is usually when the best player has to step up and lead the team. I couldn't afford for us to lose this game. So I had to impose my will on it."

I hate it whenever he says that. Can't he just impose his will from the beginning of the game? To him, which game is affordable to lose? I really want to know.

That's why people calling him MeMac. It's not like I don't appreciate his contribution. I do. It's just really hard to like him wholeheartedly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 am
tmac cannot impose his will from the beginning of the game.

he is entirely a flow player. one good play builds on another. even a strong rebound or a steal can lead to tmac starting to shoot. he's exactly like a jazz musician... what he plays is largely dictated on riffing on what other guys are playing.

tmac entirely lacks any self-motivation. he relies entirely on external motivation to get his game going. he's like some cartoon character who cant do something until something external "powers him up"

tmac is right about imposing his will... in that he can get into that mental state where it seems to him that he cannot be stopped but unlike jordan or kobe or anyone with a strong internal will, tmac can't just turn it on. he also plays tentative at times when he's lacking confidence.

NOT THE BEST CHARACTER TRAITS FOR YOUR SUPERSTAR. but tmac's still one of my favorite players. both yao and tmac have what seems like huge mental flaws but w/e still like watching the team

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:49 am
User avatarPosts: 923Location: Asturias, Spain.Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am
ThePrivate wrote:
Kedroc wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
Kedroc wrote:
ThePrivate wrote:
where you at fernandez? barcelona or madrid?

Oviedo in Asturias man =)

oh you north near the coast of biscay?

That's it buddy. It's not a very big city but everybody loves it... it's very known by its Cathedral and other landmarks :P

We even got a Woody Allen statue!! :D (He came to see it when Los Premios Principe de Asturias were celebrated!!)

That's the statue

And that's me next to it haha

thats cool, you not that far from pamplona, you ever do the bull run? i would like to do that at least once.

That's quite dangerous man, I'm not into that :P

So you like Spain? would you visit this fabulous place? :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:51 am
Posts: 1565Location: San Diego & HangzhouJoined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:15 am
OOLONG48 wrote:
"I just can't seem to find the rhythm," McGrady said. "But the fourth quarter is usually when the best player has to step up and lead the team. I couldn't afford for us to lose this game. So I had to impose my will on it."

I hate it whenever he says that. Can't he just impose his will from the beginning of the game? To him, which game is affordable to lose? I really want to know.

That's why people calling him MeMac. It's not like I don't appreciate his contribution. I do. It's just really hard to like him wholeheartedly.

hahah.......i get a crack out of it very time i read that stuff from him......he takes self praising to a different level. his whole thing about not playing at a high level for the first 3 quarters as always is that he thinks he can step up in the 4th.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:52 am
Posts: 1565Location: San Diego & HangzhouJoined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:15 am
temuchin wrote:
tmac cannot impose his will from the beginning of the game.

he is entirely a flow player. one good play builds on another. even a strong rebound or a steal can lead to tmac starting to shoot. he's exactly like a jazz musician... what he plays is largely dictated on riffing on what other guys are playing.

tmac entirely lacks any self-motivation. he relies entirely on external motivation to get his game going. he's like some cartoon character who cant do something until something external "powers him up"

tmac is right about imposing his will... in that he can get into that mental state where it seems to him that he cannot be stopped but unlike jordan or kobe or anyone with a strong internal will, tmac can't just turn it on. he also plays tentative at times when he's lacking confidence.

NOT THE BEST CHARACTER TRAITS FOR YOUR SUPERSTAR. but tmac's still one of my favorite players. both yao and tmac have what seems like huge mental flaws but w/e still like watching the team

basically you think he gets lucky at times because he has the green light all the time and especially late in games

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
temuchin wrote:
tmac cannot...

I don't believe in those "I impose my will" bullsh1t. Players get hot or cold all the time. It just happened that he's cold in the first three quarters, and then got hot in the 4th. You don't hear Kobe or LeBron say all those bullsh1t when the same thing happened to them. They don't need to impose their will. They just do it!

There are times that he can't even get hot in the 4th quarter. Where was his will then? I'd really like to know. If we can figure it out, we'll get the ring for sure!

Enough for the rant.

Let's hope McGrady "can" impose his will in the remaining games!

Go Rox!

Offline Profile