<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #65: Charlotte Bobcats vs Houson Rockets

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 211Location: Davis, CAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:12 pm
21 in a row. How sweet! Go Rockets!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
shokenchi wrote:
rox will go undefeated the rest of the season if they beat boston :lol: and i do really think rox can do it since opposing teams key players keep getting injured at the right time :lol: god is on our side baby :lol:

I doubt they will go undefeated the rest of the season. For one, that game against the Jazz in Utah will be tough. They have the best home record in the NBA this season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
You can disagree that as a coach, RA is better than JVG. But you can't disagree that RA's rotation and adjustment are way better than JVG's!

From ESPN,

That's why a guy like Harris, who was the Rockets' last cut in the preseason, became a factor tonight. "I made up my mind at halftime I was going to play Mike Harris when [Charlotte] went small," said Rockets coach Rick Adelman. "He has the ability to finish at the basket and he can defend their perimeter people."

Go Rox!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
OOLONG48 wrote:
You can disagree that as a coach, RA is better than JVG. But you can't disagree that RA's rotation and adjustment are way better than JVG's!

From ESPN,

That's why a guy like Harris, who was the Rockets' last cut in the preseason, became a factor tonight. "I made up my mind at halftime I was going to play Mike Harris when [Charlotte] went small," said Rockets coach Rick Adelman. "He has the ability to finish at the basket and he can defend their perimeter people."

Go Rox!

I believe the Rockets still kept their tough defense from last season. Meanwhile, RA added the offense, which JVG lacks. Of course, this year's team is far deeper than last season's. RA is also more willing to try new young players than JVG.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:53 am
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:01 am
User avatarPosts: 58973Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pm
the crazy thing about those pictures is two weeks ago you'd look at mike harris all over those pictures and be "who the ****** is #19"

adelman may be more willing to play guys than JVG but that only pays off if you actually have the guys to play. morey's brought in a ton of pieces that JVG never had

even when this team was sucking I didn't think adelman was the problem and I dont think he's the cause of everything now. He is courageous, to play some D league guy who was playing in china a month ago the entire 4th quarter takes heart and shows a certain kind of character

but who the ****** could anticipate that a guy like mike harris would go out of his mind and score 12 points on 5-8 shooting, grab THREE offensive boards and get 2 dunks? there's no way adelman or anyone could have planned that.

this streak is just something larger than Xs and Ox, it's something that transcends the pieces the rockets actually could rationally expect. every night someone steps up. I haven't ever seen anything like this in the NBA it's something special... you cant say it's because of adelman or tmac, it's everyone on the team playing at (or beyond) their max level. deke says he really didn't know he could play so well in this stretch and that goes for just about every dude on this team

Offline Profile