Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #59: Denver Nuggets vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:36 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Houston is not the best team but they're insanely overachieving and fun as hell to watch

Houston has a mini detroit pistons thing going with balanced scoring and suffocating defense.

on a flip note it's hard to believe the nuggets aren't better than they are. how can a team with allen iverson, carmelo, camby and KENYON MARTIN not be better than this? that's 2 dudes who can put up 50 points a night plus 2 potential all stars in the starting 5. plus najera and jr smith can shoot the ****** out of the ball in stretches.

i got to throw out some hate for dallas. their past 2 games they've just ****** blown it. dirk settling for jumpers is like houston for the past 4 years. in today's game a dude UNDER THE BASKET in the final 45 sec overlooked another dude UNDER THE BASKET to throw it out for a 3 pointer that they didn't need... there's just some pieces missing mentally by dallas and they need to figure it out soon


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 am
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
Quote:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:53 am
Posts: 343Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:11 pm
Tang Man wrote:
The Rockets are easily the best team going in the NBA at the moment. Everything is clicking on all cylinders. Yao's untimely injury has derail their championships chances but let's hope they can continue winning.


don't lie to yourself :lol:
YOF not in a very good mood eh? :cry: :cry:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:52 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:
Houston is not the best team but they're insanely overachieving and fun as hell to watch


Overachieving???? Am I missing something here. The Rockets have gone 26-5 since they were 13-15 back at the start of January. You don't win that many games by OVERACHIEVING. 3 of those losses, against the Celtics, Hornets and Sixers could have been wins. So you don't over achieve by literally dominating the league for a good two months.

temuchin wrote:
Houston has a mini detroit pistons thing going with balanced scoring and suffocating defense.

A mini Pistons??? You have got to be kidding. The only thing similar about the Rockets and Pistons is their application to defense. The Rockets are built around Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. While it's true, the other players have contributed significantly to turning their season around the team still rely heavily on Yao and T-Mac for them to beat the elite teams. Look at the Hornets statement game as an example.

The Pistons on the other hand are built upon a team first philosophy. They don't have a single player averaging over 20 ppg. They however have 4 that average between 13 ppg - 18 ppg. The Rockets have two (Yao and T-Mac) that average over 20 ppg with one other player (alston) averaging in double figures. So no they are NOT a mini Pistons. The Rockets are the ROCKETS, a very good basketball playing at an elite level. The BEST in the NBA in 2008.

Through Yao's unfortunate injury we are deny the opportunity to see how good they could really be. With a healthy Yao, they could have won it all.

Everyone is talking about the Lakers right now but imagine the rockets team with Yao squaring off against the Lakers. Bynum, while is developing into a good player will have to defend Yao from behind, which is a dangerous ploy to say the least. Scola has been playing great basketball and will be more than a capable match up for Gasol. T-Mac will be more than a handful for Odom. Battier will do his best to slow Kobe. While Alston and Fisher will be going head to head with Alston more than capable of holding his own. The Rockets bench with Landry, Jackson. Head and Deke are all capable of providing a lift as they have done during the winning sequence. The Lakers have got a decent bench as well. However what gives the Rockets the advantage is their DEFENSE. In the West only the Spurs are capable of playing D at the same level.


temuchin wrote:
on a flip note it's hard to believe the nuggets aren't better than they are. how can a team with allen iverson, carmelo, camby and KENYON MARTIN not be better than this? that's 2 dudes who can put up 50 points a night plus 2 potential all stars in the starting 5. plus najera and jr smith can shoot the ****** out of the ball in stretches.


Why is it hard believe? They are NOT a good defensive team and have streaker shooting stars in Iverson and Melo. Iverson can go for long stretches without hitting a shot. That means teams can up run scores on them because they simply don't defend well.

temuchin wrote:
i got to throw out some hate for dallas. their past 2 games they've just ****** blown it. dirk settling for jumpers is like houston for the past 4 years. in today's game a dude UNDER THE BASKET in the final 45 sec overlooked another dude UNDER THE BASKET to throw it out for a 3 pointer that they didn't need... there's just some pieces missing mentally by dallas and they need to figure it out soon

The Mavs lack of an inside threat could well comeback to haunt them again. Anyway the fact that Dampier was able to go off for 16/17, shows the soft underbelly of the Lakers team on the interior. Getting Bynum back will help but they are not great defensively on the interior, infact they aren't all that great of a defensive team full stop.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Overachieving???? Am I missing something here.


yes, and what you're missing is the definition of "overachieving." you wasted a good foaming-at-the-mouth rant for nothing when a chinese-to-english dictionary would have saved you

overachieve:
perform better or achieve a greater degree of success than expected; "The Houston Rockets are overachieving"


Quote:
A mini Pistons??? You have got to be kidding. The only thing similar about the Rockets and Pistons is their application to defense. The Rockets are built around Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady.


lmao you do realize that yao ming is out? since then, yao's averaged 0. mac has averaged 19. and the other guys have averaged double digits. pistons. if you're going to talk irrelevancies and past history, why dont you talk about rupp's running rebs from 1950? and get steamed up while you're at it

Quote:
While it's true, the other players have contributed significantly to turning their season around the team still rely heavily on Yao and T-Mac for them to beat the elite teams. Look at the Hornets statement game as an example.


that's correct, they need both yao and tmac. and they wont. and you just proved your hyperbolic best in the NBA wrong. this is a borderline playoff team which is not close to best in the nba

Quote:
Through Yao's unfortunate injury we are deny the opportunity to see how good they could really be. With a healthy Yao, they could have won it all.


the rockets COULD HAVE won it all last year. the Suns could have won it all last year. the mavs COULD HAVE won it all the year before. the suns COULD win it all this year. so could LA, the Spurs, etc omg monkey pants. basketball is not religion. there's no "destined to win." a lot of teams are good enough for this or that, there's no guarantee.

the patriots would have won the superbowl this year if not for a single play where Manning slips 2 defenders and David Tyree makes a miracle catch. it's that single discrete occurrence that won the game for the giants luckily but in retrospect all the talking heads are talking about the game like destiny. same thing for houston last year. 2 random rebounds would have won the series and perhaps propelled them to the WCF finals. coulda shoulda woulda. even with yao in there are no guarantees. injuries and bad breaks are at the very heart of competing

Quote:
noob ranting about LA


only noobs are thinking about LA. spurs are the favorite


Quote:
Why is it hard believe? They are NOT a good defensive team and have streaker shooting stars in Iverson and Melo. Iverson can go for long stretches without hitting a shot. That means teams can up run scores on them because they simply don't defend well.


their defense didn't cost them. what cost them is that they scored like 30 points fewer than average. to spell it out for the stupid. THEIR OFFENSE FAILED versus houston. why is it hard to believe? hey jackass, they have TWO GUYS WHO CAN PUT UP 50 EACH who put up like half of that COMBINED. something is going on in the locker room, which is affecting the team... what is it? only karl knows. it's obvious if you've played any competitive ball you know there's something else going on there in the heart of the matter with denver

Quote:
The Mavs lack of an inside threat could well comeback to haunt them again. Anyway the fact that Dampier was able to go off for 16/17, shows the soft underbelly of the Lakers team on the interior. Getting Bynum back will help but they are not great defensively on the interior, infact they aren't all that great of a defensive team full stop.


lmao. the mavs can go inside, they just settle for jump shots ergo the issue I raised. stfu up about the lakers. again only noobs and homos are talking about the lakers. that team rides kobe calls for the last 2 minutes of every game to keep pace on the free throw line. that bullshit will be mitigated versus the spurs and the suns when those series go down to the wire since it's arguably in stern's best interest for duncan and shaq over kobe. LA is not the favorite. only to steven a smith and other retards


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:

overachieve:
perform better or achieve a greater degree of success than expected; "The Houston Rockets are overachieving"



ACCORDING to WHOSE EXPECTATION bro????? If you applied that definition, then EVERY TEAM in the league that is at the top is OVERACHIEVING bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny many people believe a team with Yao and T-Mac has actually been UNDERACHIEVING.

Here is an article on yahoo basically from TWO months ranking the Rockets as the MOST DISAPPOINTING team in the NBA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
[quote]
More than anyone, Houston Rockets owner Les Alexander believed Jeff Van Gundy was holding back his basketball team. Alexander berated his ex-coach for playing too deliberately on offense and costing him customers. Why, the owner lamented, can


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:28 am
User avatarPosts: 15490Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
I Just saw the game highlights and Tmac turning it up another gear!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:21 am
Posts: 385Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:32 pm
The Rockets team is now fun to watch, isn't it - although it would have been much better with Yao in it?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:39 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Tang Man wrote:
ACCORDING to WHOSE EXPECTATION bro????? If you applied that definition, then EVERY TEAM in the league that is at the top is OVERACHIEVING bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AHAHAHAHA THEN YOU ADMIT MY AND HERMAN WEBSTER'S DEFINITION IS CORRECT AND YOUR (AND CHAIRMAN MAO'S) DEFINITION IS WRONG I OWN UUUUUUUUUUSA USA

(alternative response)

BRO dont taze me BRO!

[quote="Tangman"]
Here is an article I necromancered from last year because I am utterly at a loss how to respond yet I must respond because I have no girlfriend and no life and never saying die on the internet is the only thing I have in my life no matter how stupid it makes me look or how irrelevant it is to any contribution to the board

Click me for pron

[quote]A million years ago the [b]the Rockets were 15-17, 10th in Western Conference and deserved to be declared the season


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
LMAO bro. Here is the alternative respond.

temuchin wrote:
I am temuchin. I've just been totally and utterly OWNED on this thread. I am a 5'0" midget with the smallest penis in the world. Even though I think I have many girlfriends I have never SATISFY even one. Hence I used this board to vent my sexual frustrations out on fellow posters.. Even when totally defeated at every angle I'll pretend it never happen and make up lies about the poster that OWNED me to make myself feel better. I live by the principle that if you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth. So making up stuff about other posters is how I get by each day because that's how pathetic my own life is. All you need to know about me is that I am pessimistic in life because everything I've done I have FAILED at. Hence my own EXPECTATIONS are EXTREMELY small, kinda like my own brain.


I think that was THE respond you wanted to write.

temuchin wrote:

Remember that random articles are relevant forever. If you'd like to know for example about China's politics today refer to the following article about Mao from 1971, it is as current as this moron's post


LMAO. African weed bro? Then again probably not. I can't imagine someone like you have ever travelled outside of Texas. :lol:

temuchin wrote:
For the record the Rockets ARE overachieving the way most people DIDN'T EXPECT them to. Why is this sweeping statement for the record? because i said so and because i USED capital LETTERS for parts of my post. They have ONE over the hill all star in the league on the court, ONE injured best performing player in the league off the court, surrounded by all this other crap you wrote. FOR THE RECORD there are simple factual inaccuracies in my post that bely and make even more redonkudonk the pathetic outdated and irrelevant sources I will now try to link. For example I THINK the rockets started the season rough but IN FACT after a GREAT start, the rockets hit a ROUGH PATCH then HIT THEIR STRIDE then HAD A BIG LET DOWN with yao being hurt. Saying they suffered "A ROUGH START" is a DAMN LIE when they started the season with all those wins. Also for the record DOMINATING is a GREAT WAY to overachieve. A much easier way to overachieve than, say losing 5 games in a row, which is VERY DIFFICULT TO DO... frankly dont call me poopy pants but I dont think this team has the SKILLS to OVERACHIEVE while losing... I mean that's a tall order for anyone not named the NY KNicks


Simple translation: I am temuchin, I have a small penis and hence small expectations in life. Everything I do is OVERACHIEVING. BRO dont taze me BRO!

temuchin wrote:
I am 14 years old, my IQ is 82, and I have no penis


No need to confirm what we already know about you bro. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 3 of 4
38 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron