<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #56: Chicago Bulls vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
1Rockets11 wrote:

you're right in that it's the most important thing that the rockets keep winning, but yao and tmac both need to start playing every game from now on. The West is very tight and they can't just shut down every other game, and hope that they'll keep winning.

I'm getting a sense of complacency from the way Yao's playing. Maybe losing a game or 2 won't be so bad.

Yao and T-Mac started the game very complacent. However T-Mac managed to pick it up, whereas Yao was just flat nearly the whole game. The Rockets can't afford to lose. They MUST got 5-0 on this home stretch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:53 pm
Posts: 939Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:54 am
Tang Man wrote:
1Rockets11 wrote:

Actually both Yao and Noah had 1 dunk. Noah had his on a breakaway, and Yao had his on Noah.

With that said, I liked the way Noah played, he just isn't very gifted offensively.

Thanks for reminding me. Yao dunked on Noah's grill for his 2nd basket of the night. Noah is a chump. He was holding and grabbing Yao all night but the refs let him get away with it.

Yao just didn't have the mental capacity to compete in this game except for a small stretch to start the 4th quarter. He can't afford to have too many more of these mental lapses and expect his teammates to bail him out all the time.

Actually, I believe the rockets is so much better than previous years when it comes to balance and finding more than just 2 (tmac+yao) scoring options. So against sub .500 teams, i wouldn't be suprised if they can win consistently without yao or tmac. I guess that's why we haven't had such a long streak because in the past when tmac/yao have off-nights, the supporting cast just can't handle it. However, when playoff time comes, that's a different story

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:40 pm
Tang Man wrote:
1Rockets11 wrote:

you're right in that it's the most important thing that the rockets keep winning, but yao and tmac both need to start playing every game from now on. The West is very tight and they can't just shut down every other game, and hope that they'll keep winning.

I'm getting a sense of complacency from the way Yao's playing. Maybe losing a game or 2 won't be so bad.

Yao and T-Mac started the game very complacent. However T-Mac managed to pick it up, whereas Yao was just flat nearly the whole game. The Rockets can't afford to lose. They MUST got 5-0 on this home stretch.

The Rockets should definitely win out the home stand, but I'm still not convinced with Yao and TMac leading the team. They are both so prone to mental lapses and cannot seem to step up when the team needs them the most. It's fine in the regular season, but come playoffs, it's a new game and mental lapses will kill you.

I hope I'm wrong and that Yao and TMac can kick it into a higher gear, but they haven't shown it so far... except for the New Orleans game so far.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
I don't see Pryuen or John tossing around the pet name "Idleman" anymore. What gives?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Tracy McGrady and the other Rockets in action..........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:17 pm

The lighter side of the game versus Chicago Bulls at Toyota Centre...........

The Rockets Power Dancers in action, and clutch Bear wanted to imitate the birthday cake dunk of Gerald Green ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:07 am
I'm not worried about Yao. He deserved a break and the night off so the others could score some. That's part of Yao's job is to get his team the easy shots.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:30 am
yao is fine.

be more worried about landry hitting a rookie wall, last few games he doesn't seem to be finishing with dunks as much as earlier

pryuen the picture of clutch is hilarious

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:49 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
yoda9999 wrote:
I'm not worried about Yao. He deserved a break and the night off so the others could score some. That's part of Yao's job is to get his team the easy shots.

The problem was Yao didn't create anything. The Rockets are in the midst of a great run and need to take advantage of the momentum they've built themselves. Now is not the time for anyone to get too 'satisfy'.

Yao just come out with no intensity and look rather lazy on the court. That is a concern. Again the Rockets need to drive home their advantage and Yao has got to be one of the players leading the way. The rockets will not hit 13 of 23 from 3-point range very often.

Offline Profile