<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  2008 NBA All-Star- New Orleans

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:37 pm
Posts: 939Location: AustraliaJoined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:54 am
Well, this year fans got the final say on who won the dunking competition, so we are getting there. Afterall, I always thought the all-stars were for fans and as a fan, I wanted to watch yao play a bit more, if I'm not getting that, then I just won't watch it. When someone like David West gets more minutes than Yao, it just pisses me off, I didn't put my vote in to watch more David West, whoever he is.

Looking at the East side playing time, looks much more 'rational'. The starters all had a 'minimum' of 20+ min, with fan favourites (according to votes), dwight and lebron racking up 30min each, which they deserve.

The way I see it is, if you want more playing time, play better bball, become more popular, become a fan favourite so they vote for you. There should be a minimum number of minutes an all star 'starter' gets (eg. 20min+ sounds about right).

anyone know where I can petition this type of stuff to the NBA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:00 pm
what do you expected??

Byron Scott is the coach for the new orleans horents... daivid west and chris paul also play on the new orleans horents..... too bad that byron scott is coaching the west all stars team.. of course they both going to get alot of more playing timethen yao ming..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 pm
btw, kobe only play for like 3 mins....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
johnl wrote:

You do know that Kobe was injured don't you?

BTW. I just hope fans in China didn't take the day off work to watch Yao played in the ASG!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:16 pm
johnl wrote:
what do you expected??

Byron Scott is the coach for the new orleans horents... daivid west and chris paul also play on the new orleans horents..... too bad that byron scott is coaching the west all stars team.. of course they both going to get alot of more playing timethen yao ming..

Explain to me then why Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers put Paul Pierce for 12min and Ray Allen for 18-19min.

Ok I can see where Chris paul/West come from, since it's in New Orlean afterall (forgot about that part before), but when players like Roy, Nowitzki, Stoudmire, Boozer, Nash ALL get major minutes over Yao, I get annoyed. If fans actually wanted to see more of them at the All-stars, they'll vote for them???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:28 pm
johnl wrote:

if kobe was healthy, he'd get over 20min, no questions, no doubts, everyone knows this.

can you imagine what would happen if this happened to a healthy shaq during his prime, getting the least minutes then all of the bench by quite a bit.

perhaps i am just paranoid, or i might be seeing into things that just don't exist, but i felt the minute arrangements tonight for yao is bordering discrimination either against big players (coz they're boring and can't do fancy moves?) or against asians/chinese, i hope it's at least the former

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Rick_Hunter wrote:

Explain to me then why Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers put Paul Pierce for 12min and Ray Allen for 18-19min.

Ok I can see where Chris paul/West come from, since it's in New Orlean afterall (forgot about that part before), but when players like Roy, Nowitzki, Stoudmire, Boozer, Nash ALL get major minutes over Yao, I get annoyed. If fans actually wanted to see more of them at the All-stars, they'll vote for them???

Okay before anyone else gets to upset (that also includes ME), apparently it was YAO's decision to play those number of minutes. He requested that with Byron Scott. Here is a quote from Fran.

http://blogs.chron.com/franblinebury/20 ... t_134.html

Quote:
If you had been with the blog in the first quarter, you'd have seen my post that said Yao went to Bryon Scott before the game and asked to play no more than 10 minutes. He's logged a lot of minutes so far for the Rockets and wanted a weekend to take it easy. Repeat. It was Yao's request. Don't rip Byron. --Fran

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:36 pm
thx tang man

ok everyone, my apologies, i take back everything i just said, shows i need to do more research before i start blabbering on about crap ^___^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Snap shots of Yao Ming in action in very limited play minutes in the 2008 NBA All Stars Game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:45 am
Rick_Hunter wrote:
thx tang man

ok everyone, my apologies, i take back everything i just said, shows i need to do more research before i start blabbering on about crap ^___^

hah... okay.. i didn't know..

Last edited by johnl on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile