Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #52: Sacramento Kings vs Houston Rockets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:32 pm
Posts: 8229Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
tharock220 wrote:
Rick_Hunter wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
bamboodragon wrote:
One of the problem was they didn't go to Yao early in the 4th. Too many outside shots. They didn't put Scola in and allowed McGrady to stay in the game when he throwing bricks.


yao did nothing down the stretch. couldnt catch passes, couldnt make a shot. it was a good thing rick adelman was smart enough to go away from him and to mcgrady who has the offensive awareness to pass to the open man as the double comes rather than waiting.


it's funny you say that, but tell me in the 4th quarter, who did?
the rockets had a total of 7 points before novak made that 3 point shot. And guess what? Yao made 6/7 points (the other 1 being an alston technical). I guess i can say the same thing, if the rest of the team was able to get just 1-2 shots in, in the final quarter, it wouldn't even come down to this.

thank god we bailed out of this one, hopefully no more 4th quarter collapses
sorry bud but if tracy werent in the game the rockets would have lost because nobody else can set up other players like he can.

if yao didnt play, rox didnt have a chance :lol: only loss in this stretch was when yao was out. u eating too much bald p*ssies :lol:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:43 pm
Posts: 173Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:10 pm
I read alot of your posts and I think you generally know what you're talking about. But it just seems to me you have a penchant for bashing Yao (and Kobe, but that's another story). One could argue that had Yao not played well for most of the game, the Rockets would've surely lost the game. One could argue that had Tracy played better the entire game, the rockets wouldn't be in that position. all useless arguments. I prefer to spread the accolades and the blame in games like this. You prefer to ignore Yao's positives and focus on his negatives. Which brings me to this: why do you spend your time on here, a YAO forum, bashing Yao? I've called you out on this before but you didn't really reply, just curious what your answer is.

That aside, I'm almost glad that something like this happened. I had a feeling we were getting too relaxed and happy of our current win streak.


tharock220 wrote:
Rick_Hunter wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
bamboodragon wrote:
One of the problem was they didn't go to Yao early in the 4th. Too many outside shots. They didn't put Scola in and allowed McGrady to stay in the game when he throwing bricks.


yao did nothing down the stretch. couldnt catch passes, couldnt make a shot. it was a good thing rick adelman was smart enough to go away from him and to mcgrady who has the offensive awareness to pass to the open man as the double comes rather than waiting.


it's funny you say that, but tell me in the 4th quarter, who did?
the rockets had a total of 7 points before novak made that 3 point shot. And guess what? Yao made 6/7 points (the other 1 being an alston technical). I guess i can say the same thing, if the rest of the team was able to get just 1-2 shots in, in the final quarter, it wouldn't even come down to this.

thank god we bailed out of this one, hopefully no more 4th quarter collapses
sorry bud but if tracy werent in the game the rockets would have lost because nobody else can set up other players like he can.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 58984Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:22 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Cut tharock some slack. He's a T-Mac fan and can get a little over sensitive when T-Mac isn't playing well. Anyway, some of his insights on the game are quite good.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:02 am
User avatarPosts: 125Location: Baltimore, MarylandJoined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:10 pm
tharock220 wrote:
bamboodragon wrote:
One of the problem was they didn't go to Yao early in the 4th. Too many outside shots. They didn't put Scola in and allowed McGrady to stay in the game when he throwing bricks.


yao did nothing down the stretch. couldnt catch passes, couldnt make a shot. it was a good thing rick adelman was smart enough to go away from him and to mcgrady who has the offensive awareness to pass to the open man as the double comes rather than waiting.

I beg to differ. Yao scored 6 of the 7 points in the 4th bfore novak hit the winner. It was Yao who finally scored a shot in the 4th when every1 on the rockets were mssing shots. The Sac. Queens were double and tripple teaming Yao and Tmac(backBreaky). I give credit for Novak for knocking that shot down, but thats what role players are supposed to do. Like Paxson for the Bulls, Steve(asshole) Kerr. Yao was a lil slow and tired the 4th but still able to help win the the game. The 4th Q meltdown still amazes me. When will the rockets ever learn they cant afford to get lazy. Play hard and smart for 4 quarters. Soon as the get a comfortable lead they start jacking up bad shots. STOP STOP STOP IT ROCKETS!!! Is it just me but I see Tmac always do this. When we get a big lead he starts to jack up shots whenever he wants to. Not sticking to how the rockets normally play. To some degree Rafer does the same ******. When you have a big lead. Be more frugel w/ youre shots grind the clock. But instead they shoot the ball like a bum who just won a million dollars. The Lead(money) is gone.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:48 pm
Posts: 491Location: NYCJoined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:36 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Cut tharock some slack. He's a T-Mac fan and can get a little over sensitive when T-Mac isn't playing well. Anyway, some of his insights on the game are quite good.


Over sensitive??? Blindly impartial seems more like it. He may have some basketball knowledge but it seems that he has a tendency to spin his analysis toward some whacky non-sensical directions.

TMac's last assist doesn't even come close to bailing him out for handing the entire game to Ron Artest (who scored at will against She-Mac), contributing 0 points in the entire quarter, throwing away several possessions via bad passes because every King player and his dead grandmother knew that no Rocket on the floor could do anything but Yao, so they anticipated the pass the from mighty (NOT) McWeakling.


Last edited by Yao_05_06 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:59 pm
Posts: 491Location: NYCJoined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:36 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Yao_05_06 wrote:
What kind of superstar cannot score a single point in the fourth quarter? TMac should be ashamed!

And damn these Rockets make it hard to root for them!!!!


T-Mac had a poor game but there is no need to take a cheap shot at him when he is down and pretend that he HASN'T won games for the Rockets when Yao has been soft this season.


A poor game??? -T-Mac's had 4 poor games of the last 4. He's missed nearly 1/3 of the season. He's been mediocre for most of the ones he's played in.

And as for Yao, how is 22 points, 11 rebounds, 2 block shots, and 2.5 assist, January POM, and missing only what 2 games "soft for the season"? And you know what? Yao is trying to keep himself injury free for the play-offs. I'm sure he doesn't want a repeat of last season.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Yao_05_06 wrote:

A poor game??? -T-Mac's had 4 poor games of the last 4. He's missed nearly 1/3 of the season. He's been mediocre for most of the ones he's played in.

And as for Yao, how is 22 points, 11 rebounds, 2 block shots, and 2.5 assist, January POM, and missing only what 2 games "soft for the season"? And you know what? Yao is trying to keep himself injury free for the play-offs. I'm sure he doesn't want a repeat of last season.


Seriously dude, you too need to learn a few things about bball. Yeah Yao got player of the month and mad props for him for doing so. However I guess you missed the Rockets three road games at Indiana, Milwaukee and Minnesota where Yao was absolutely OWNED. It took T-Mac to bail the team out in 2 of those 3 games.

Getting back to T-Mac, I thought he deserves a lot of credit for trusting his teammates. He wanted to find Yao but Yao was surrounded. He then dished to Novak when he could have FORCED a tough shot himself and try and be the hero. The Milwaukee Bucks found themselves in a similar situation. Instead of trusting his teammates, Michael Redd FORCED a tough shot. End result a lost for the Bucks. T-Mac's trust in his teammates resulted in a win. That's the VALUE of trusting your teammates.

The other thing you failed to realize is T-Mac is playing WINNING basketball. No longer is he looking to score 30+ point per night. He can still do it but the Rockets won't win many games that way. So now that he has bought into the system and the Rockets are winning, maybe you should just be happy with the wins instead of posting with an agenda on your mind. There are already plenty of forums you can take that sort of garbage to.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 15445Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Artest was having his way with Tmac in the 4Q. The refs were letting Kings play that physical defense, even putting hands and body on ball handler. At that time, the only mismatch was Yao in the lowpost, they couldn't set that up either.

They should have put in Scola, but RA decided on Novak instead. I would have put in Brooks and Scola to break down that tight defense.

Anyway, Rox suffered thru it at the end and Tmac made a nice pass for the win. But no way was Tmac able to get his shot off on Artest last night.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 5 of 6
58 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum