<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Houston @ Milwaukee 2/2/2008

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Despite sub par performance from Big Yao, and the almost-transparent Ah Lian, nevertheless the fans including Yi Jianlian's parents in Bradley Centre were enjoying this China Derby II in festival mood.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 66Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:31 am
My first time to ever watch Yi Jianlian play. He is so tall but why he don't post up smaller defenders or drive to the basket more? He settled too much on outside jumpers. No wonder he is compared to the soft Dirk.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 3019Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
puffer_dogface wrote:
YaoYiPowerUp wrote:
puffer_dogface wrote:
Yi 1-10 shooting..embarassing

And you're not an embarrassment to our race? what have you done to represent our race? Sitting at home 24/7 and play Starcraft all night?

Geez, go get a date and get laid! LOL! :lol: :lol:
dude i get that all the time...so what if i say that was an emarassing game for Yi. you get hurt? you are such a drama queen. stop that starcraft thing, that game is old, its already 2008. maybe your girl friend thinks your a too drama from how you are writing.

Rofl at pufferdogface 10 year old kid

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm
supraman wrote:
puffer_dogface wrote:
YaoYiPowerUp wrote:
puffer_dogface wrote:
Yi 1-10 shooting..embarassing

And you're not an embarrassment to our race? what have you done to represent our race? Sitting at home 24/7 and play Starcraft all night?

Geez, go get a date and get laid! LOL! :lol: :lol:
dude i get that all the time...so what if i say that was an emarassing game for Yi. you get hurt? you are such a drama queen. stop that starcraft thing, that game is old, its already 2008. maybe your girl friend thinks your a too drama from how you are writing.

Rofl at pufferdogface 10 year old kid
weak come back. hey. do you do hair? i heard that your pretty good doing high lights. im proud of you. your a Nerd hairdreser. you need to change your pic man. atleast something not so girly.hahahhaha

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 58994Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Photos of Yao & Yi in their post-game press conference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:30 pm
Quote:

^ I bet if any of us were to put on Yao's leather jacket, it'd look like a trench coat!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
The Chosen 1 wrote:
My first time to ever watch Yi Jianlian play. He is so tall but why he don't post up smaller defenders or drive to the basket more? He settled too much on outside jumpers. No wonder he is compared to the soft Dirk.

becoz his team doesn't call play for him. his team hasn't done that for bogut until recently, and bogut has been posting all star numbers since then. it's one thing to be named a starter, but it's quite a different that you develop him.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:18 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:
Despite sub par performance from Big Yao, and the [b]almost-transparent Ah Lian[/b], nevertheless the fans including Yi Jianlian's parents in Bradley Centre were enjoying this China Derby II in festival mood.

:lol:

Yi may have had a bad game but at least he didn't get schooled at the defensive end.

Anyway, I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come for Yao later on in the season.

Quote:
"Yi is not the first Chinese player I matched up with in a (NBA) game, but I can still feel it's special for me," Yao said. "My rookie year I matched up with Wang Zhi Zhi on the court. I still don't feel the power behind it back in China. But this is big. To be honest, I was a little nervous. It was like a playoff game or something."

If last night was an indication of how Yao performs when he is a little nervous like in a play-off game, then we may not have a lot to look forward this post season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:21 pm
Tang Man wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Despite sub par performance from Big Yao, and the [b]almost-transparent Ah Lian[/b], nevertheless the fans including Yi Jianlian's parents in Bradley Centre were enjoying this China Derby II in festival mood.

:lol:

Yi may have had a bad game but at least he didn't get schooled at the defensive end.

Anyway, I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come for Yao later on in the season.

Quote:
"Yi is not the first Chinese player I matched up with in a (NBA) game, but I can still feel it's special for me," Yao said. "My rookie year I matched up with Wang Zhi Zhi on the court. I still don't feel the power behind it back in China. But this is big. To be honest, I was a little nervous. It was like a playoff game or something."

If last night was an indication of how Yao performs when he is a little nervous like in a play-off game, then we may not have a lot to look forward this post season.

You sure are sensitive, Tang. Why even get on Yao when your boy was 1-10 and was transparent? If Yi continues on like this, Jonas has to reconsider in putting him on the NT.

Offline Profile