<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game #28: Houston Rockets vs Detroit Pistons

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 125Location: Baltimore, MarylandJoined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:10 pm
ok goodnite all. I need my sleep. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:44 pm
If I had a choice between gong to see Yao or Yi I would pick Yao. I have always loved the way Yao plays and I still do. A more athletic flashy player does nothing for me. I like traditional Centers. I am with Yao all the way.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 58946Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:41 pm
with the weight of the ax, you two hands to hold onto it. but a basketball is different.

Just look at Kobe's top 10 dunks on you tube. tell me which dunks look more powerful...

which is more powerful? a one handed dunk from 5+ft with a running start... or a two handed dunk from under the basket...

as an example, get off your azz and pretend your dunking right now.

go one handed, and then try two handed. as hard as you can.. which one feels more powerful to you? thought so..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:19 am
goddamit these games are pissing me off

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:51 am
bamboodragon wrote:
with the weight of the ax, you two hands to hold onto it. but a basketball is different.

Just look at Kobe's top 10 dunks on you tube. tell me which dunks look more powerful...

which is more powerful? a one handed dunk from 5+ft with a running start... or a two handed dunk from under the basket...

go one handed, and then try two handed. as hard as you can.. which one feels more powerful to you? thought so..

Yes, you are right. The one handed dunk feels much more powerful than my silly two handed. Thanks!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:09 pm
But Kobe is a guard.

A guard cannot be more powerful than a power forward. If you compare sheer power, there was a dunk by Kenyon Martin in one of the final games. He started running from the corner of the baseline, leaped up with his head one foot over the rim, flushed down the ball with both hands over an air borne Rick Fox, who was like a little boy trying to reach the high flying ally oop pass from Jason Kidd.

There was no chance for Kobe to flush it down that pass.

That dunk had Kobe in awe. And he went over to pat Kenyon Martin's back.

Don't compare a carpenter's chopping with a lumberjack's.

And BTW, you thought two handed dunks were less powerful, and you came up to defend Yi's powerless, unauthoritive dunks with name calling.

Have a merry X'mas, and don't worry about Yi's helplessness. :)

bamboodragon wrote:

Offline Profile